Click Here!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Mac Leopard

  1. #41
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    We do all the automatic updates but I'm a bit peeved a big bug like that keyboard one that was driving us crazy doesn't even warrant an email or message that MacBook users need the fix.

    On the older Macs we needed to rebuild the desktop and zap the pram every now and then. I know that's not needed anymore but what types of things like that do we need to do now?
    Yeah, I am a bit surprised that that keyboard fix wasn't included in one of the software updates. I haven't had to do anything special besides the updates since the first version of OS X. Other's mileage may vary, but I haven't heard of any equivalents in OS X to zapping the pram or trashing prefs except in rare cases for very specific problems.
    The Original Pancake Hater

  2. #42
    1st Scoring Line Salty Dog's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,661
    Liked
    1163 times
    Karma
    1154603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

    Default

    I got Leopard for Xmas. Digging it so far! No problems at all.

  3. #43
    Support the Fans SirJW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,291
    Liked
    1097 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Default

    OK now I have three weird issues.
    I can cut but I can't paste in any program.
    I can't drag on drop on the desktop, the stuff can be highlighted but wont move.
    The top menu bar is missing the new search function and the bluetooth icon is on the far right instead.
    If I switch to the other user everything works fine.

  4. #44
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    OK now I have three weird issues.
    I can cut but I can't paste in any program.
    I can't drag on drop on the desktop, the stuff can be highlighted but wont move.
    The top menu bar is missing the new search function and the bluetooth icon is on the far right instead.
    If I switch to the other user everything works fine.
    Log in as the Root User. Run Disk Utility and Repair Permissions. Then give it a restart.

    You wouldn't possibly have Logitech's Harmony software installed, would you?

  5. #45
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unfiltered View Post
    Log in as the Root User. Run Disk Utility and Repair Permissions. Then give it a restart.

    You wouldn't possibly have Logitech's Harmony software installed, would you?
    For the universal remote? Is there a problem with it? I need to update my remote with all the stuff I got for christmas and never installed the software on Leopard after I re-installed the OS. Should I be worried about something?
    The Original Pancake Hater

  6. #46
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    For the universal remote? Is there a problem with it? I need to update my remote with all the stuff I got for christmas and never installed the software on Leopard after I re-installed the OS. Should I be worried about something?
    Folks have installed the Harmony software have had some issues if they didn't Repair Permissions. Once RP was run, restarts performed, the issues subsided.

    This is actually an "automatic" thing that I always do: run Repair Permissions before and after ANY software install/update. Then a restart afterwards.
    Last edited by Unfiltered; December 28th, 2007 at 03:58 PM.

  7. #47
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unfiltered View Post
    Folks have installed the Harmony software have had some issues if they didn't Repair Permissions. Once RP was run, restarts performed, the issues subsided.

    This is actually an "automatic" thing that I always do: run Repair Permissions before and after ANY software install/update. Then a restart afterwards.
    Interesting, since that "software" is basically a a link to a webpage. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks!
    The Original Pancake Hater

  8. #48
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Interesting, since that "software" is basically a a link to a webpage. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks!
    Yeah I found it a little unusual, too. But that's what i came across here. Check out post #5 and read on down.

  9. #49
    Support the Fans SirJW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,291
    Liked
    1097 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Default

    Not the Harmony Remote but a Logitech keyboard that I got for my Mom and I wanted to make sure it would be plug and play for her. As you can guess it is not plug and play so I returned it for a MacAlly Keyboard (hope it works for her).

    THANKS!

  10. #50
    Support the Fans SirJW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,291
    Liked
    1097 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Default

    The repair failed, now what?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28