Click Here!
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 167

Thread: Mac or PC?

  1. #61
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    and the thread rolls on...
    hell yeah son...so far I've been able to ascertain that Mac owners would rather throw money away because they can't be bothered to make knowledgeable decisions regarding their equipment or how to use it.

  2. #62
    emfn
    Guest

    Default

    I'm actually going through the same situation. I'm looking for laptop and I'm leaning to switching to mac. If i do switch what are some of the basic programs a student will need? Any help will be great.

  3. #63
    "The Kings are THE KINGS" Deuce's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    Liked
    167 times
    Karma
    1024379
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    hell yeah son...so far I've been able to ascertain that Mac owners would rather throw money away because they can't be bothered to make knowledgeable decisions regarding their equipment or how to use it.
    My man, you have proved NOTHING. Mac doesnt work for you because you want to configure our own machine and "upgrade" things on your own. Thats fine but most people never will and have NO desire to try and "upgrade" their drives on their desktop let alone their laptops. Macs work for the everyday person that just wants a computer to play music, manage photos, and surf the net. They look better in most peoples eyes and all software needed for the aforementioned user comes with OSX. They dont have to decide between the half dozen Windows operating systems, they get one that has everything they need. Yes, it takes decisions away from them but thats kinda the point. Ease of us has always been the point.

    Most users arent like you, you used to work in the industry and enjoy mixing things up, most users dont. They want a machine that includes nearly everything they NEED and looks cool. Some dont want to spend the extra money and thats not a big deal. By a PC and move on. I dont get why you have such a hard on to try and prove that PC's are so great. You seem to have the same over the top passion about it as some of the Apple fan boys we all love so much.

  4. #64
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    I can't answer that question without admitting to a crime. Read between the lines. Hint.....I dont' pay for ****.
    What the hell are you talking about? You can list all the magical software that runs on windows without admitting to anything. This is borderline Deeker crazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Dude may change is mind. I never game on PC but I did give it shot once. Didn't care for it. Who is to say he won't change his mind in the future. Too bad for him he won't have the option to even try.

    As far as limitations on software are concerned...PCs will run 95% of all written software on the OS to that came with the PC. If you counter with....well I can run windows on my Mac then you no longer have a mac....you have a pc running on an intel chip. It kind of undermines your argument now doesn't it?
    How do you figure? I never suggested running windows on a mac, even though you can. You still haven't given ONE reason why I would need to.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    If you want to upgrade a graphics card shouldn't you have that option? Not if you have a Mac.
    That is a fallacy spread by pc users.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Wouldn't it not be nice to have a second mouse button on your Macbook? It's little simple stuff like that that annoys the hell out of me. My laptop cost $1800 and if I was limited to what I could do with it I'd be pissed. Mac owners seem to love their Macs because all the decisions are made for them. It's like they can't think for themselves or something which probably explains why they can't keep their PCs virus free.
    Yeah, because only pc users that switched to Mac have had virus problems on their pc. You're SO right though, I'm so mindless and need all my decisions made for me that I've used both and made an informed decision. Meanwhile you freely admit that you've never owned a mac yet are spewing endless bull**** in this thread about them.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    iTunes is easy to use. Is that all you have? If I am an audiophile and want the cleanest sounding MP3s because I hook up my iPod to a DVD Audio, reference quality system in my car should I not be able to create reference quality MP3 files? Trust me.....iTunes can't do it. Before you tell me that I can't tell the difference let me tell you that I can, especially when I listen to my iPod with reference quality headphones. But I'm sure Apple has a program that will do this for you....for $50 or so.
    That's all I have? What else is there? It rips and plays my music, is it supposed to polish my floor too?

    iTunes can rip mp3's all the way up to 320kbs, which is the maximum for the format. MP3 is a lossy format. If you're expecting top quality sound out of them, I'm sorry to say but you're a <insert insult here>, even with your "reference quality" sound system.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Again, if you want to spend that money because you want that new video card you should be allowed to do it. Plain and simple.
    Again, you can. Plain and simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Dude, I used to work as a computer engineer for a very large company in Newport Beach. Mac is not compatible with everything. We had one guy who was the biggest douche in the world. He drive a white VW Beetle (the new ones) with an apple sticker in the back. As soon as he had enough clout he worked the system and got himself a Mac. The ONLY ONE in a company of 2000 employees. I bet you think it was easy for the tech guys to get it on the network huh? Well it wasn't. In fact they deemed it unsuitable for the network and would not let him put it on. What made it incompatible? I don't know, it wasn't my responsibility to get it networked. However, in talking with the guys who were in charge of networking it they were adamant that it could not be done without compromising the infrastructure and creating a whole mess of support calls.
    I've worked at one of the largest ISPs in the world for the last 10+ years and almost every UNiX admin had a mac, so you're not impressing me. Sorry to say but your "network guys" were ****ing morons. There's nothing about a mac that "compromises the infrastructure."

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Mac Apps Suck

    Mac Hardware Sucks

    For all you people that bitch about Vista....

    Leopard OS isn't all that great either
    I'll bet it would be really hard to find 10x the sites like that about windows...

    In closing:

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    I can't personally give you examples because my experience is so limited with them.
    Yet it doesn't stop you from talking out your ass about them. I can understand you saying that you don't want to use one because it "doesn't make sense to you," but that you sit here and go on and on about how they "suck" with practically no experience is borderline retarded.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    I've never owned a Mac.
    </discussion>
    Last edited by Bandit; February 19th, 2008 at 06:49 PM.
    The Original Pancake Hater

  5. #65
    Waiting for the night Creeping Death's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,411
    Liked
    182 times
    Karma
    1040100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    WTF is a computer engineer?
    And thats how you get ants!

  6. #66
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    WTF is a computer engineer?
    One step above "Power User" an just below "NOC Engineer," no doubt...
    The Original Pancake Hater

  7. #67
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seraphim View Post
    Care to quantify this statement?

    -_Sf
    No.

  8. #68
    Tacos Rule
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emfn View Post
    I'm actually going through the same situation. I'm looking for laptop and I'm leaning to switching to mac. If i do switch what are some of the basic programs a student will need? Any help will be great.
    Good luck...All this info and I'm still on the fence. It is starting to look like price is going to be the deciding factor since PCs and MACs seem to come with equally downloadable stigmas...I would think that as a student price should be a big factor too. You can worry about all the bells and whistles after you've graduated, got a job totally unrelated to your major and can shell out wads for a system that meets your needs whether it be porn, gaming, music, video editing, porn or more porn.
    Last edited by Tacos Rule; February 19th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.

  9. #69
    emfn
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacos Rule View Post
    Good luck...All this info and I'm still on the fence. It is starting to look like price is going to be the deciding factor since PCs and MACs seem to come with equally downloadable stigmas...I would think that as a student price should be a big factor too. You can worry about all the bells and whistles after you've graduated, got a job totally unrelated to your major and can shell out wads for a system that meets your needs whether it be porn, gaming, music, video editing, porn or more porn.
    hahaha thats alot of porn and im kinda over the whole gaming thing. I just need a machine thats not gonna crap out on me and thats fast. im seriously looking into macbooks, bu it seems like theres alot of extra things you have to buy with it i.e Microsoft office.

  10. #70
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emfn View Post
    hahaha thats alot of porn and im kinda over the whole gaming thing. I just need a machine thats not gonna crap out on me and thats fast. im seriously looking into macbooks, bu it seems like theres alot of extra things you have to buy with it i.e Microsoft office.
    Well, you have to "buy" office whether you get a pc or a mac, but again it boils down to your budget and personal prefrence. As a student, I'd guess that you don't have a ton of disposable income but I could be wrong.

    I used PCs exclusively for about 10 years, decided to give Mac a try about 6 years ago and have never looked back. I use my mac mainly for:

    - Web Browsing
    - Email
    - Pro Tools
    - iTunes
    - Photoshop
    - Illustrator
    - Corel Painter
    - MS Office
    - VLC for pr0n.

    It's also a BSD system under the hood so that is an added bonus for me as a systems administrator. Also, whether "easy to avoid" or not, you don't have to worry about viruses or anti-virus software doing stoopid **** like blocking your internet connection.

    To me, the reasons are obvious and compelling. Ideally you could spend some time using both before making your decision. Or you could listen to a ducks fan that has never owned a Mac...
    The Original Pancake Hater

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83