1. At $599, it is ridiculously expensive. (Add in the cost of an AT&T contract and you get close to $1500) My Response: This phone is in the "smart phone" category. The 8525 is $599, Blackberry 8800 is $499, Treo 750 $549 etc etc etc. Besides, i phone has an ipod built in..and if you want a smart phone, get used to higher prices.
2. Those who want to buy one must sell their soul to evil mega-corporation AT&T. My Response: Reviewers personal bias, yet its #2 on his reasons not to buy list..funny
3. Japan already has technologically superior phones, and they’re far cheaper. My Response: If thats true, then it applies to ALL U.S. phones and not just iphone
4. Slower internet than the commercials show: “The data experience is going to be very slow. If you’re on a cellular network, [using the Internet] is going to be very slow.” My Response: Who says they werent using Wifi in the commercial? And if you expect to have computer/dsl quality web browsing experience on a phone anyways then you need come back down to Earth.
5. Initial reports indicate that YouTube is slow and crappy using cellular network internet/EDGE. It’s nothing like in the commercials. My Response: Once again, how do you know they werent using Wifi? I watched some youtube clips on Edge and it was actually very good.
6. You cannot remove its battery. Thanks for replicating one of the biggest complaints about the ipod, Apple! My Response: Couldnt remove the battery on a Treo 600 either and that was still an awesome device. Besides, i phone's battery life is 8 hours of talk time! Double that of most other smartphones.
7. The glass touch screen of the iPhone guarantees that thousands of customers who drop their phones will have cracked screens. My Response: First of all it does not guarantee that a dropped phone will break. Drop a Treo or Pocket PC device and you will most likely have the same outcome as a dropped iphone. All have glass touch screens.
8. The touchscreen keyboard sucks, according to those who have used the phone. My Response: "Sucked"..nice informative description there kid. The keyboard was different for sure..and not as good as a phone with qwerty keys..but it was ok an average user IMO
9. It can’t send MMS picture messages. My Response: Couldnt do that for a long time on WM devices either..I believe software hacks and WM6 solves that problem.
10. The camera has little or no options, and the pictures it takes aren’t very good. My Response: Pictures came out just fine. This is a phone, not a full featured camera. The camera options are lacking however.
11. It lacks proper support for Flash websites. So much for the internet. My Response: Its a PHONE people...all the regular sites I visit came up just fine on the iphone.
12. It can’t record video. My Response: Neither can a Treo 680, and a lot of other VGA camera phones.
13. “Pinching” pictures to zoom might look neat in commercials, but many reviewers are saying it actually sucks. My Response: Once again "sucks". Yes now I am convinced! Actually the pinching worked quite well, once again it is different from what we are used to on phones..but it works.
14. It lacks 3G high-speed data transfer. My Response: But it has Wifi. Treo 680 has no Wifi OR 3G.
15. No songs as ringtones. My Response: True, Im sure that will be addressed in a software update. In some early screen shots they actually show a ringtone store for the iphone so it will be there at some point.
16. No GPS. My Response: Correct
17. It doesn’t work under 64-bit Windows XP / Windows Vista!!!!!!! Thanks for not including that in your Windows System Requirements, Apple! My Response: I am not familiar with this issue so I have no comment. But based on reviewers previous comments, I am willing to bet there is a fix for this or he just doesnt have all the facts.
18. It only allows for a maximum of 1 picture to be attached to each e-mail you send. My Response: True
19. It doesn’t have a file browser/organizer. My Response: Why do you need a file browser on a phone that doesnt store files?
20. Its default ringtones suck. My Response: "Suck" no..not good or poor? Then agreed!!
21. You can not save documents on it: documents can only be viewed as attachments when they’re sent to your e-mail address. My Response: This is not a business device, its a multimedia device made for the masses.
22. No games!! My Response: See Nintendo.com
23. Its “quick list” dialing sucks compared to traditional speed dialing, which it lacks.. My Response: "Sucks"..why? Another great review. The quick list was actually pretty cool. They couldnt have done it much different due to it being a full touchscreen.
24. Long activation waits: many new iPhone users are reporting that they are being told to wait hours or even days to activate service for their phone. Thanks, AT&T! My Response: Mine took less than 10 minutes to activate and begin using.
25. Heat issues: the iPhone can get very hot when it is in use. My Response: I Never had a problem with that
26. Deceptive Ads: Apple has been using models with gigantic hands in their advertisements for the iPhone in an effort to trick consumers into believing it is more compact. My Response: Link? That's a big accusation with no proof. It was actually smaller then I thought. Size was very nice.
27. Many of the positive press reports about the iPhone are influenced by newspapers and TV networks that simply want to profit from the hypefest, or even worse, reporters who are looking to sell books about the iPhone. My Response: haha..that's the funniest statement this kid has made so far.
28. It creates incredibly annoying iPhone fanboys My Response: True. Same with Treo and WM users. So??