Click Here!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Next Computer-Laptop or Desktop?

  1. #21
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,920
    Liked
    636 times
    Karma
    1017137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    laptop

    and make sure it's a Mac

    Dell has some nice laptops if you're looking for a windows-based laptop. I've had nothing but bad experiences with HP's so I'd say clear of those.

    If you were interested in a netbook, I'd recommend the Dell Mini 10v. (I hackintoshed it, but the windows os it came with seemed fine). I got mine for only $200 refurbished.
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

    "I love this f***ing team right here."

  2. #22
    Frozen Fury JACKPOT!! dgrycan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10,254
    Liked
    148 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nayagamj View Post
    laptop

    and make sure it's a Mac

    Dell has some nice laptops if you're looking for a windows-based laptop. I've had nothing but bad experiences with HP's so I'd say clear of those.
    You sound like me a couple of years ago. Then I had a bad run of Dells (one of my own, and a couple of my friends who purchase on my recommendation.)

    Last year I was looking for a Blu-ray laptop to replace my now broken Dell and the cheapest system that Dell was able to offer was about $700 more than a pre-built 19" HP that Costco had, a dv7. I have had it now for a year and absolute LOVE it, and I'm not lying is that I don't think I've had a single glitch (freeze/necessary restart/whatever) since I bought it, and that includes a full blown upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. I decided to get another secondary laptop, and went with an HP dv6 for under $600 which is my primary computer, and once again I am VERY pleased with the computer so far.

    I did a lot of reading at CNET and it appears to me that Dell has fallen a little bit in their rankings across the board.

  3. #23
    Waiting for the night Creeping Death's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,411
    Liked
    182 times
    Karma
    1040100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Yea, right now HP is putting out better desktops/laptops then Dell. I would suggest looking at dv6t series. Its a good middle of the road laptop.
    And thats how you get ants!

  4. #24
    \_(ツ)_/ Kaos's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,633
    Liked
    9687 times
    Karma
    1152580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgrycan View Post

    Last year I was looking for a Blu-ray laptop to replace my now broken Dell and the cheapest system that Dell was able to offer was about $700 more than a pre-built 19" HP that Costco had, a dv7. I have had it now for a year and absolute LOVE it, and I'm not lying is that I don't think I've had a single glitch (freeze/necessary restart/whatever) since I bought it, and that includes a full blown upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. I decided to get another secondary laptop, and went with an HP dv6 for under $600 which is my primary computer, and once again I am VERY pleased with the computer so far.
    I have had my HP dv5 almost 4 years and it has been rock solid. It is getting to the point where I may want or need to get a new laptop. I won't count HP out but I have also heard to stay away from HP. I will probably make that decision when I finally decide to get a new laptop.

  5. #25
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    30,869
    Liked
    1817 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for all the feedback....Dgrycan-where did you find a DV6 for under $600? On the HP website is showing the base model for $750.
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  6. #26
    Waiting for the night Creeping Death's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,411
    Liked
    182 times
    Karma
    1040100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Check officedepot.com, they have them for $600 there. Search for dv6.
    And thats how you get ants!

  7. #27
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    30,869
    Liked
    1817 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Check officedepot.com, they have them for $600 there. Search for dv6.
    Gracias. Quik question...

    In laymans terms and not counting the potential bluray aspects-what makes the DV6 better then the Dell I posted?
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  8. #28
    beingbobbyorr
    Guest

    Default

    My biggest hurdle with using a laptop has always been the keyboard*. How anyone gets used to it is beyond me.


    *Moving the cursor w/ that thumb-pad is out of the question ... I'd always keep a little mouse off to the side.

  9. #29
    Frozen Fury JACKPOT!! dgrycan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10,254
    Liked
    148 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback....Dgrycan-where did you find a DV6 for under $600? On the HP website is showing the base model for $750.
    I picked it up at Best Buy on a customer appreciation weekend, so that might have dropped the price 10%. I think my final bill after tax was $620 or something like that. The exact model is dv6-1352dx. That's one crazy thing about HP - they have a seemingly infinite amount of model numbers out there with different specs. Dell, on the other hands, keeps their model numbers the same and just allows you to customize it yourself.

  10. #30
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,789
    Liked
    108 times
    Karma
    4000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beingbobbyorr View Post
    My biggest hurdle with using a laptop has always been the keyboard*. How anyone gets used to it is beyond me.


    *Moving the cursor w/ that thumb-pad is out of the question ... I'd always keep a little mouse off to the side.
    Once you get used to it, it's faster than having the mouse off to the side.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28