Click Here!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Russian cyber crime gangs after Apple's Macs

  1. #1
    The gates have opened RoyalPain's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default Russian cyber crime gangs after Apple's Macs

    http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ource=rss_news

    hmmm. I thought Mac was free from Malware and hackers.
    Last edited by RoyalPain; September 28th, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Still here.... DRice's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,966
    Liked
    395 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPain View Post
    hmmm. I thought Mac was free from Malware and hackers.
    Ignorance is bliss. Just ask the millions of Windows users out there without any protection whatsoever.
    LA Kings Hockey - Disappointing Kings fans since 1967!

    LA Kings Hockey - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!

  3. #3
    is watching you.... King Taco's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,178
    Liked
    26 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately, the typical Apple user buys Mac for its immense (over hyped, perhaps) popularity. These users are probably the same idiots who were previously using Windows machines and clicking on spam email and visiting questionable sites. The current low level of spyware, viruses, worms, etc. on OS X coupled with Apple's "golden ticket to do what you please when you're on a f'n computer" sales pitch will come to an end. When, who knows? Granted, Apple's market share hovers around 10%, and this is why so many hackers have refused to focus any major attention to the Mac side, but I hope Apple has a better answer than those nifty Mac vs. PC ads when viruses, worms, etc. for OS X becomes the norm.

    As for me, I've been using Mac since I was a teen. I have no problems with PCs, but I'll always be a Mac faithful. Heck, I've played with Windows 7 over the last week (MSDN) and I like it a lot. However, VMWare Fusion is all I need when I need to "work" on a PC.

  4. #4
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Taco View Post
    Unfortunately, the typical Apple user buys Mac for its immense (over hyped, perhaps) popularity. These users are probably the same idiots who were previously using Windows machines and clicking on spam email and visiting questionable sites. The current low level of spyware, viruses, worms, etc. on OS X coupled with Apple's "golden ticket to do what you please when you're on a f'n computer" sales pitch will come to an end. When, who knows? Granted, Apple's market share hovers around 10%, and this is why so many hackers have refused to focus any major attention to the Mac side, but I hope Apple has a better answer than those nifty Mac vs. PC ads when viruses, worms, etc. for OS X becomes the norm.

    As for me, I've been using Mac since I was a teen. I have no problems with PCs, but I'll always be a Mac faithful. Heck, I've played with Windows 7 over the last week (MSDN) and I like it a lot. However, VMWare Fusion is all I need when I need to "work" on a PC.
    Word. If you're retarted, you're retarted. It doesn't matter what your OS of choice is.

  5. #5
    1st Scoring Line Pagliacci's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,101
    Liked
    261 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPain View Post
    [URL="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9138517/Hackers_pay_43_cents_per_hijacked_Mac?source=rss_n ews"]http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9138517/Hackers_pay_43_cents_per_hijacked_Mac?source=rss_n ews[/URL

    hmmm. I thought Mac was free from Malware and hackers.

    Apparently the Russians have found a way to screw up your article links too.

  6. #6
    The gates have opened RoyalPain's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagliacci View Post
    Apparently the Russians have found a way to screw up your article links too.
    sorry I fixed it so you don't have to learn how to copy and paste.

  7. #7
    1st Scoring Line Pagliacci's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,101
    Liked
    261 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPain View Post
    sorry I fixed it so you don't have to learn how to copy and paste.
    I appreciate the gesture, but I learned that multi-keyed code minutes before your edit.

















Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84