Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Sprint Problems

  1. #1
    Beep Beep!! KickEm's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Liked
    621 times
    Karma
    1050800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default Sprint Problems

    Has anyone had Sprint erroneously tell them their phone had water damage as an excuse? I have a Samsung Moment android phone that had the screen lock up. Went through the factory reset over the phone etc., still nothing.

    I took it to the store as it should be under warranty. Their tech took it apart and told me there is a foreign substance on the circuit board and claimed it was water damage (looked like a small spec of haze, right in the middle). This phone has been nowhere near water nor has it ever been dropped. The water sensor tabs inside the phone had not changed color either. I had the manager suggest I used it in the rain or took it in the shower (Hah!). A customer support supervisor suggested I touched the screen with my cheek when talking or that moisture from my breath caused it. Silly, just silly.

    The technician then entered these notes about water damage into my account. Now management won't even talk to me, they said it's up to the insurance carrier now and wanted to charge me $100 for a replacement, which of course I refused.

    I've been through at least four supervisors and am now waiting for a tech call back from Samsung.

    Anyone else been through this kind of run-around? What was the outcome?

  2. #2
    I grew a Fatmanchu. Kingsfan626's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,577
    Liked
    213 times
    Karma
    1000000000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah Sprint tries to find any excuse to blame you for the problem. This is why I never purchase their warranty plan. By the time you actually need it you can find it on craigslist for about the same price as the $100 replacement. $7*24 = $168.

  3. #3
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,438
    Liked
    1528 times
    Karma
    3123132
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    One of the reasons I'm glad I bought my phones through Best Buy.

    Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope it turns out well.

    by the way, have you tried taking it to a different Sprint Store?

  4. #4
    Beep Beep!! KickEm's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Liked
    621 times
    Karma
    1050800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    One of the reasons I'm glad I bought my phones through Best Buy.

    Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope it turns out well.

    by the way, have you tried taking it to a different Sprint Store?
    Yeah, last time I buy through them. If I take it to another store, they will look up my account and see that a tech already decided what it was and called it a day.

    Update: I spoke with Samsung directly: They emailed me a shipping label and will take care of it directly, but turn around time will be over a week.

  5. #5
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,438
    Liked
    1528 times
    Karma
    3123132
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KickEm View Post
    Yeah, last time I buy through them. If I take it to another store, they will look up my account and see that a tech already decided what it was and called it a day.

    Update: I spoke with Samsung directly: They emailed me a shipping label and will take care of it directly, but turn around time will be over a week.
    Ask them if they can send you a new one first, and then you're return your old phone. They may require your credit card info. Tell them that you really depend on your phone for everyday use, home phone, and some work.

  6. #6
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,744
    Liked
    664 times
    Karma
    3246651
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KickEm View Post
    Has anyone had Sprint erroneously tell them their phone had water damage as an excuse? I have a Samsung Moment android phone that had the screen lock up. Went through the factory reset over the phone etc., still nothing.

    I took it to the store as it should be under warranty. Their tech took it apart and told me there is a foreign substance on the circuit board and claimed it was water damage (looked like a small spec of haze, right in the middle). This phone has been nowhere near water nor has it ever been dropped. The water sensor tabs inside the phone had not changed color either. I had the manager suggest I used it in the rain or took it in the shower (Hah!). A customer support supervisor suggested I touched the screen with my cheek when talking or that moisture from my breath caused it. Silly, just silly.

    The technician then entered these notes about water damage into my account. Now management won't even talk to me, they said it's up to the insurance carrier now and wanted to charge me $100 for a replacement, which of course I refused.

    I've been through at least four supervisors and am now waiting for a tech call back from Samsung.

    Anyone else been through this kind of run-around? What was the outcome?
    I had this happen with Verizon. Same, exact scenario - claim of water damage when there was none, directed me to deal directly with the manufacturer, etc. What I ended up doing was going to the FCC web site (http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm) and I filed a complaint. In less than a week Verizon contacted me and replaced the phone, free of charge.

  7. #7
    Team LGK waterboy100's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,991
    Liked
    327 times
    Karma
    3346068
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KickEm View Post
    Has anyone had Sprint erroneously tell them their phone had water damage as an excuse? I have a Samsung Moment android phone that had the screen lock up. Went through the factory reset over the phone etc., still nothing.

    I took it to the store as it should be under warranty. Their tech took it apart and told me there is a foreign substance on the circuit board and claimed it was water damage (looked like a small spec of haze, right in the middle). This phone has been nowhere near water nor has it ever been dropped. The water sensor tabs inside the phone had not changed color either. I had the manager suggest I used it in the rain or took it in the shower (Hah!). A customer support supervisor suggested I touched the screen with my cheek when talking or that moisture from my breath caused it. Silly, just silly.

    The technician then entered these notes about water damage into my account. Now management won't even talk to me, they said it's up to the insurance carrier now and wanted to charge me $100 for a replacement, which of course I refused.

    I've been through at least four supervisors and am now waiting for a tech call back from Samsung.

    Anyone else been through this kind of run-around? What was the outcome?
    One main problem is that if the tech marks the phone Damaged Beyond Repair (DBR) you are through. No one at customer service can help you out until the tech removes the DBR Tag.

    oh yeah. and call these people 703-433-4401. Its a direct line to Executive Services\whatever the dept is called now.

    click there for more info
    Sprint Sets Up Consumerist Reader Executive Customer Service Hotline - The Consumerist

    R.I.P LeRoi 1961-2008

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinJayz View Post
    More like Kings will NOT make the playoffs. You can quote me on that.

  8. #8
    It's real now Doug Fresh's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    5,244
    Liked
    188 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    One of the reasons I'm glad I bought my phones through Best Buy.

    Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope it turns out well.

    by the way, have you tried taking it to a different Sprint Store?
    So, you've had a good experience buying through Best Buy? Is there an advantage with them over dealing directly with the provider - outside of the KickEm's issue?

    I ask because I'm heavily considering ditching Verizon after eight years and going over to Sprint.

    Anyone's input would be appreciated

  9. #9
    Team LGK waterboy100's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,991
    Liked
    327 times
    Karma
    3346068
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fresh View Post
    So, you've had a good experience buying through Best Buy? Is there an advantage with them over dealing directly with the provider - outside of the KickEm's issue?

    I ask because I'm heavily considering ditching Verizon after eight years and going over to Sprint.

    Anyone's input would be appreciated
    best buy does instant rebates. no waiting in the mail for crap.

    R.I.P LeRoi 1961-2008

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinJayz View Post
    More like Kings will NOT make the playoffs. You can quote me on that.

  10. #10
    It's real now Doug Fresh's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    5,244
    Liked
    188 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy100 View Post
    best buy does instant rebates. no waiting in the mail for crap.
    Thanks waterboy!

    For fear of hijacking this thread, I created one on my own, since I have further questions...

    http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/f15/v...le-237248.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28