Click Here!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: A/V Receiver Talk???? HEY UNFILTERED!!

  1. #1
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default A/V Receiver Talk????

    Guess what showed up at my door today?

    Yep..

    A new Yamaha RX-V3800.

    It is still sitting in the box. I did pull out the manual.

    I am going to set it up tomorrow (work permitting).

    YPAO won't be run until I get my new center channel speaker.

    Man, am I going to have some fun.
    Last edited by No One; January 11th, 2008 at 10:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    W00T!

    Ya' gotta' post some pics of the unboxing. Your 3800 deserves to attention.

  3. #3
    2nd Scoring Line Kingfan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    455
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    What may I ask was the reason for picking Yamaha?

  4. #4
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan View Post
    What may I ask was the reason for picking Yamaha?
    He liked the features and how it sounded. Pretty good reasons.

    Plus, he got an outstanding deal from an authorized dealer.

  5. #5
    Frozen Fury JACKPOT!! dgrycan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10,253
    Liked
    148 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    BTW . . . My Onkyo 605 that I got for Christmas (from myself!) is kicking ass chewing bubblegum. And it's ALL out of bubblegum.

  6. #6
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan View Post
    What may I ask was the reason for picking Yamaha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfiltered View Post
    He liked the features and how it sounded. Pretty good reasons.

    Plus, he got an outstanding deal from an authorized dealer.
    Pretty much.

    I spent a good deal of time researching, and asking around. Then, I did some listening.

    I can tell you the sound quality of the Denon 3808 and Yamaha 3800 were very close. My ears were leaning slightly towards the Yamaha. However, those models were out of my budget. I also listened to the 1800 (since it was in what I was comfortable spending).

    I then stumbled across a coupon from an authorized Yamaha internet reseller which sealed the deal for me. The coupon made the 3800 less than the 1800. No brainer from there. Although I did see I could get the Denon 3808 for the same price. (That was after I bought the 3800 - and no regrets. I HAD to do something).

    It is replacing a 6 or 7 year old Sony STR-DE675. A middle of the road Sony from 2001.

    Hopefully, this will keep me satisfied for while.

    I am SO ITCHING to hook this thing up..

  7. #7
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgrycan View Post
    BTW . . . My Onkyo 605 that I got for Christmas (from myself!) is kicking ass chewing bubblegum. And it's ALL out of bubblegum.
    Damn.

    I don't think my Yammy chews gum.

  8. #8
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Pretty much.

    I spent a good deal of time researching, and asking around. Then, I did some listening.

    I can tell you the sound quality of the Denon 3808 and Yamaha 3800 were very close. My ears were leaning slightly towards the Yamaha. However, those models were out of my budget. I also listened to the 1800 (since it was in what I was comfortable spending).

    I then stumbled across a coupon from an authorized Yamaha internet reseller which sealed the deal for me. The coupon made the 3800 less than the 1800. No brainer from there. Although I did see I could get the Denon 3808 for the same price. (That was after I bought the 3800 - and no regrets. I HAD to do something).

    It is replacing a 6 or 7 year old Sony STR-DE675. A middle of the road Sony from 2001.

    Hopefully, this will keep me satisfied for while.

    I am SO ITCHING to hook this thing up..
    Ya' gots a typo on your 3800 cost, don't ya'?

  9. #9
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    damn it. The Yamaha is about 1/4" wider than my old Sony. I now have to re-arrange all of the crap on the shelves.

    ARGH!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    damn it. The Yamaha is about 1/4" wider than my old Sony. I now have to re-arrange all of the crap on the shelves.

    ARGH!!!!!!!!
    Awwwww. Is that the best you can do to make others feel bad for you?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84