Click Here!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Vista Ultimate error 0x8007045D

  1. #11
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    LOL. That is all.
    The Original Pancake Hater

  2. #12
    Muffisher mudfisher's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,710
    Liked
    519 times
    Karma
    1100000
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default


  3. #13
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,046
    Liked
    46 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I just put Vista Ultimate on my PC and it runs flawless. Are you trying to "upgrade" to Vista? Or doing a clean install?

    What's your system specs? You'll need between 2-4 gigs of RAM to run it smoothly.

    Vista Ultimate is a great OS if you've got the right parts to run it I.E. Dual Core or Quad core, 8800 or 9800 series graphic card and plenty of RAM.

  4. #14
    Registered Redophile King Ludwig's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,183
    Liked
    3185 times
    Karma
    62160000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gokingsgo View Post
    I just put Vista Ultimate on my PC and it runs flawless. Are you trying to "upgrade" to Vista? Or doing a clean install?

    What's your system specs? You'll need between 2-4 gigs of RAM to run it smoothly.

    Vista Ultimate is a great OS if you've got the right parts to run it I.E. Dual Core or Quad core, 8800 or 9800 series graphic card and plenty of RAM.
    It's definitely a clean install...not an upgrade...on a 40GB WD drive fresh out of the box... There's going to be two 750GB WD SATA drives added after I get the initial installation to work... Right now they're working as externals on the backup computer...

    Here are the main specs
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6400+
    (onboard chipset) GeForce 7050M-M
    4GB RAM

  5. #15
    Registered Redophile King Ludwig's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,183
    Liked
    3185 times
    Karma
    62160000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Wait a minute....how old is the computer that you are trying to install Vista on and what are the specs?
    Let's just say that most of the computer will probably turn one year old sometime in mid-December... It's one of those Fry's Electronics "build it yourself specials" that I do every two or three years... It's actually the first time I've had major problems in ten years of building computers...and it's bugging the heck out of me... It's also the first attempt trying out a micro ATX case...out of years doing full towers exclusively...

  6. #16
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,046
    Liked
    46 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    no videocard?

    It could be an HD issue. When i built this computer 6 months ago i couldn't get an OS on it for the life of me. I had a computer guy on my route trouble shoot it and found it to be bad. It's not an uncommon thing these days. Seagate HD's seem to crash more then Western Digitals from what i've been told. Try installing a different OS without errors.

  7. #17
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Ludwig View Post
    Let's just say that most of the computer will probably turn one year old sometime in mid-December... It's one of those Fry's Electronics "build it yourself specials" that I do every two or three years... It's actually the first time I've had major problems in ten years of building computers...and it's bugging the heck out of me... It's also the first attempt trying out a micro ATX case...out of years doing full towers exclusively...
    Gotcha...something said earlier made me think for a moment that it may not have been up to spec.

  8. #18
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    LOL. That is all.
    Run along. Nothing to see here but men working.


  9. #19
    Registered Redophile King Ludwig's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,183
    Liked
    3185 times
    Karma
    62160000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gokingsgo View Post
    no videocard?

    It could be an HD issue. When i built this computer 6 months ago i couldn't get an OS on it for the life of me. I had a computer guy on my route trouble shoot it and found it to be bad. It's not an uncommon thing these days. Seagate HD's seem to crash more then Western Digitals from what i've been told. Try installing a different OS without errors.
    It's onboard video/audio...but I do have a backup sound card ready to put in just in case it isn't up to my standards... If I do have to get another drive...I know where to get another one for $40...after all...it's going on a POS operating system...

  10. #20
    Socrates
    Guest

    Default

    Looking around Google, that error code you mentioned sure seems to be related to a lot of people having DVD reader issues and a few having disk I/O problems. You have another DVD reader handy to try?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28