Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Vizio 60 inch Plasma

  1. #1
    1st Scoring Line ibleedkngs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Liked
    2 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default Vizio 60 inch Plasma

    Ok, anybody have one of these bad boys??? I just saw it at Costco for $1900 and at that price it got me interested.

    I currently have the LG 42'' LCD and really enjoy it but the Vizio is so huge!!!

    Whats the rule for Plasma's and gaming??? Burning??? Because I do a lot of gaming.

  2. #2
    2nd Scoring Line Subhuman15's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    666
    Liked
    153 times
    Karma
    190000000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I think burn in used to be a problem when games had backgrounds that didn't move and you played them for hours,nowadays the games are pretty much done with that and the background are always changing especially in FPS.We play Tiger Woods,God Of War,GH3 & Buzz on my buddies plasma with no problems.I just have an lcd and had no problems with as well.

  3. #3
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I would not hook up a game system to a plasma screen. While the backgrounds in modern games do changed at a very constant rate the health meters, etc stay in the same place at all times.

  4. #4
    Support the Fans SirJW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,290
    Liked
    1083 times
    Karma
    6745000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

    Default

    Burn in is a thing of the past as far as modern plasmas are concerned...

  5. #5
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    Burn in is a thing of the past as far as modern plasmas are concerned...
    I've heard that declaration and yet I have still come across examples where burn in is alive and well in both televisions and computer monitors. Go figure I guess?

  6. #6
    Frozen Fury JACKPOT!! dgrycan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10,253
    Liked
    148 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    Buying a Vizio as your key 60inch Plasma centerpiece television is like wanting a great steak and driving to Sizzler.

  7. #7
    1st Scoring Line ibleedkngs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Liked
    2 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgrycan View Post
    Buying a Vizio as your key 60inch Plasma centerpiece television is like wanting a great steak and driving to Sizzler.


    I've read 3 or 4 different reviews and all of them had a great review for the TV. I personally haven't heard anything bad about the Vizio's.

  8. #8
    Part IV. A new begining.. empire's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,248
    Liked
    19405 times
    Karma
    1333916
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)

    Default

    I want one too..


















    The wife says no!

  9. #9
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    I want one too..

    The wife says no!
    My wife said no for the longest time. It was "we don't need a new TV". I kept saying we did, since HDTV is better than regular TV. We had a 32" Toshiba.

    Then one day, we had to run to Best Buy for something. Up at the front of the store, they had a display with a Plasma screen showing a Star Wars movie. My wife was impresses with the picture quality of the display, and she HATES Star Wars. It laid the groundwork.

    Then, one day I said "I want a new TV", and she finally said "Let's go get one today". I was like Holy Crap!!!!! Soon thereafter, we were the owners of a 52" 720p JVC D-ILA RPTV.

    I think the upgrade from 720p to 1080p may be a little tougher. Is it wrong for me to hope that the Light Engine breaks? Or that the convergence goes haywire????


    p.s. I have my eyes set on a Pioneer Elite KURO... of course, I need a good 2008!!!

  10. #10
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    My wife said no for the longest time. It was "we don't need a new TV". I kept saying we did, since HDTV is better than regular TV. We had a 32" Toshiba.

    Then one day, we had to run to Best Buy for something. Up at the front of the store, they had a display with a Plasma screen showing a Star Wars movie. My wife was impresses with the picture quality of the display, and she HATES Star Wars. It laid the groundwork.

    Then, one day I said "I want a new TV", and she finally said "Let's go get one today". I was like Holy Crap!!!!! Soon thereafter, we were the owners of a 52" 720p JVC D-ILA RPTV.

    I think the upgrade from 720p to 1080p may be a little tougher. Is it wrong for me to hope that the Light Engine breaks? Or that the convergence goes haywire????


    p.s. I have my eyes set on a Pioneer Elite KURO... of course, I need a good 2008!!!
    I'm also hoping for a good 2008 because I have my eyes on either a Pioneer Kuro as well or a Sony XBR5 or Samsung 81 series.

    Right now I'm running a 32" Samsung LN-S3296D which runs 720p. I'm more than ready for 1080p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28