Click Here!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What are all these "processes" sucking up my memory?

  1. #1
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,789
    Liked
    108 times
    Karma
    4000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default What are all these "processes" sucking up my memory?





    What is all this crap and how do I get rid of the stuff that I don't need?

    What is all that svchost.exe stuff? Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    2nd Scoring Line Chateau Bow Wow's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    823
    Liked
    102 times
    Karma
    1500000000
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,789
    Liked
    108 times
    Karma
    4000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    The fun in dysfunctional psychopuck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,321
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You need to look & see what is starting up when you start Windows. I see quite a few programs that you possibly don't need running all the time (likes Paint Shop Pro, Nero, SQL). You can stop them from loading by deleting the shortcut in the Startup folder, or running msconfig from the run dialog box.

    Here's a link to get you started on processes. These are the minimums needed. You could also Google any that you aren't sure of.

    Essential Processes needed to run Windows | Technibble
    Last edited by psychopuck; October 4th, 2009 at 12:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Winning is habitual. Len-Det64's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,943
    Liked
    98 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borinka99 View Post




    What is all this crap and how do I get rid of the stuff that I don't need?

    What is all that svchost.exe stuff? Anyone know? Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Bill Gates.


    Vote For LGK's Team Sexy
    Click Here

    "If you can accept losing, you can't win."
    Vince Lombardi

  6. #6
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,789
    Liked
    108 times
    Karma
    4000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychopuck View Post
    You need to look & see what is starting up when you start Windows. I see quite a few programs that you possibly don't need running all the time (likes Paint Shop Pro, Nero, SQL). You can stop them from loading by deleting the shortcut in the Startup folder, or running msconfig from the run dialog box.

    Here's a link to get you started on processes. These are the minimums needed. You could also Google any that you aren't sure of.

    Essential Processes needed to run Windows | Technibble
    Thanks. I'll try that out.

    What about all those VAIO programs? I think I'm going to uninstall them.
    Last edited by borinka99; October 4th, 2009 at 12:45 PM.

  7. #7
    The fun in dysfunctional psychopuck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,321
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Make sure you create a restore point before removing or disabling anything.

  8. #8
    1st Scoring Line BigBrown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,592
    Liked
    706 times
    Karma
    1055400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Default

    ProcessLibrary.com - The online resource for process information!

    I use it all the time to look up different processes.

  9. #9
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,789
    Liked
    108 times
    Karma
    4000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychopuck View Post
    Make sure you create a restore point before removing or disabling anything.
    will do!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
    ProcessLibrary.com - The online resource for process information!

    I use it all the time to look up different processes.
    Great, thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28