Click Here!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Wireless Routers...

  1. #1
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default Wireless Routers...

    Sorry if I'm 5 years too late for the discussion, but can anyone here recommend me any decently priced routers???

    I want to my PS3 to go wireless...

  2. #2
    CSUF Class of 2011 HattrickTR's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    631
    Liked
    48 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Go to Target and pick up a Linksys or a D-Link since they're usually on sale there.

    I've got a D-link at home and a Linksys at school and they both work great, they're fast and they've got good range.

  3. #3
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Sorry if I'm 5 years too late for the discussion, but can anyone here recommend me any decently priced routers???

    I want to my PS3 to go wireless...
    Put a wireless card in your desktop and get an Apple Airport Express. That's what I use. It maybe a little but more than what you could pay on something else, but it works great for me.

    The Airport Extreme is cool, too, if you need an actual router. (Again, you can find cheaper.)

  4. #4
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unfiltered View Post
    Put a wireless card in your desktop and get an Apple Airport Express. That's what I use. It maybe a little but more than what you could pay on something else, but it works great for me.

    The Airport Extreme is cool, too, if you need an actual router. (Again, you can find cheaper.)
    I currently have a PC, will the Apple Airport Express still work???

    EDIT: NM, it looks like it won't...
    Last edited by Mr. Irreverent; December 28th, 2007 at 09:45 PM.

  5. #5
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    I currently have a PC, will the Apple Airport Express still work???

    EDIT: NM, it looks like it won't...
    Look again:

    http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

    http://www.apple.com/airportextreme/

  6. #6
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Oh snap!!!

    That AirportExtreme is a Masterpiece!!! Well worth the $180 IMHO.

    Last edited by Mr. Irreverent; December 28th, 2007 at 09:57 PM.

  7. #7
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    http://www.compuplus.com/i-Linksys-W...y183rb509t1558

    This sucker retails for about $260 but it can be found cheaper if you look. It's wireless N so the speed and range will kick the crap out of anything on G.

  8. #8
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    http://www.compuplus.com/i-Linksys-W...y183rb509t1558

    This sucker retails for about $260 but it can be found cheaper if you look. It's wireless N so the speed and range will kick the crap out of anything on G.

    Sorry OP, but look at that AirportExtreme do-dad, it's insane!

  9. #9
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Oh snap!!!

    That AirportExtreme is a Masterpiece!!! Well worth the $180 IMHO.

    It's $161.99 at Best Buy right now. Click on the pic!

  10. #10
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,006
    Liked
    27734 times
    Karma
    105058176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

    Default

    For some reason, my house is where Linksys and D-Link routers go to die. I went through three different Linksys routers in about six months when I first built my network. They just plain stopped working. So I switched brands to D-Link. Same thing. Went through four of them within about a year. They just plain stopped working.

    One day someone gave me a box of networking crapola from a business that had gone tits up. In the box was a little Netgear router. It's been on my network for almost two years without even so much as a hiccup.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28