Click Here!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Rolling gear bags

  1. #11
    Take me to Frozen Fury!!! silentbutdeadly's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    652
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Good thing you asked this because im in the same situation right now. I have been getting by using my old backpack from high school. It holds my skates, gloves and puck. But that's about it.

  2. #12
    Bad Monkey FMC Bubbadel2's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,043
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    i want to get into playing hockey but i dont have the money for gear....and i skate like a 2 year old kid with no legs....

  3. #13
    Take me to Frozen Fury!!! silentbutdeadly's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    652
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadel2 View Post
    i want to get into playing hockey but i dont have the money for gear....and i skate like a 2 year old kid with no legs....
    Didnt stop me! Lol. I fell out of nowhere yesterday, my gloves ended up halfway across the rink...it was pretty funny.
    Really though, im way in over my head, but its alot of fun!

  4. #14
    Bad Monkey FMC Bubbadel2's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,043
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentbutdeadly View Post
    Didnt stop me! Lol. I fell out of nowhere yesterday, my gloves ended up halfway across the rink...it was pretty funny.
    Really though, im way in over my head, but its alot of fun!
    maybe after i get some income again i will go out and buy a pair of skates again....

  5. #15
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,595
    Liked
    818 times
    Karma
    1066200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadel2 View Post
    ....and i skate like a 2 year old kid with no legs....
    I've never met a person who took to ice skating like a seal to water. Get out there and give it a shot! If I can do it, anyone can.

    Oh, and just in case anyone is interested in wheeled bags, I use an TPS Ice Cap wheeled bag. The thing is huge enough to fit all my equipment (which are pretty large). I don't know what kinda mongoloids thrash their bags in matters of weeks, but my bag has lasted me years.
    Last edited by UnholyGoalie; June 6th, 2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Wrong brand.

  6. #16
    KFC
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadel2 View Post
    i want to get into playing hockey but i dont have the money for gear....and i skate like a 2 year old kid with no legs....
    I know how you feel. When I started playing I was trying to pay for college at the same time.

    I think it helps to really realize what you need and what you don't.
    Do not buy a nice stick. You won't know how to use it.
    Buy one piece at a time over time, if you really want to play.

    With skating, try to play a game at the lowest level of wherever you're going to play. I played in the beginner league at my local roller rink. Thankfully, it is pretty slow. That will help you really gauge if you're a terrible skater or not. Who knows, you might be underestimating yourself! I had a little experience skating before I started, but after a year of playing in the low league, I started getting faster and have moved up two levels since then.

    In terms of back to equipment, I would try Hockey Overstock
    I just purchased a nice stick from there (now that I know how to shoot), and it came the next day with simple UPS shipping!

    Hockey Equipment Bags

  7. #17
    Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,170
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

  8. #18
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I've been an advocate of the SD Power Dry bag for awhile. I paid $120 +$60 for blower for it about almost 2 years ago and it's still very handy. I'd say it's big, not huge, but big. And like all wheeled bags, you don't get the benefit of hoisting it up on your shoulders and instead sometimes have to trump over your friends' **** on the floor. However, the ventilation system (air blower is just an added bonus!) works great and your equipment (when stored properly) will never fester, will never rot and will stay dry and as fresh as can be without washing. I'd reccomend it if you have a truck, SUV or van. If you have a car, I'd say you should go for a backpack with lots of vent holes. With the bag, you don't even need the blower. If you have a truck, just put it in the bed and when you get home, just open the bag and leave it open. I only use the blower sometimes for long skate sessions but that's more for the skates than anything. I've washed some of my jerseys & gear only a few times since I started playing again 2 years ago (not my gloves or helmet) and with the help of the bag, none of my stuff smells like hockey player.

  9. #19
    Juniordog
    Guest

    Default

    I suck at skating too, but im getting much better. I'm signing up for ice lessons next week so hopefully that'll help a lot.

    So it sounds like i'll just go for one of those $40 bags(RBK or CCM) and go from there.

  10. #20
    Juniordog
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I've been an advocate of the SD Power Dry bag for awhile. I paid $120 +$60 for blower for it about almost 2 years ago and it's still very handy. I'd say it's big, not huge, but big. And like all wheeled bags, you don't get the benefit of hoisting it up on your shoulders and instead sometimes have to trump over your friends' **** on the floor. However, the ventilation system (air blower is just an added bonus!) works great and your equipment (when stored properly) will never fester, will never rot and will stay dry and as fresh as can be without washing. I'd reccomend it if you have a truck, SUV or van. If you have a car, I'd say you should go for a backpack with lots of vent holes. With the bag, you don't even need the blower. If you have a truck, just put it in the bed and when you get home, just open the bag and leave it open. I only use the blower sometimes for long skate sessions but that's more for the skates than anything. I've washed some of my jerseys & gear only a few times since I started playing again 2 years ago (not my gloves or helmet) and with the help of the bag, none of my stuff smells like hockey player.
    Finally somoene promoting the rolling ones and with some input for the blowers.

    I have a truck, but im not too keen on leaving my stuff in the bed for even a small amount of time. I dont trust people, particularly with my sticks. I still live with my folks so i dont exactly have an abundance of space to just have stuff scattered about. I even keep my skates in their boxes while theyre in my room just to keep the clutter down. The big bag with the fan would be great (if it actually works) cus i can just roll it into my room, plug it in, and leave it till i use it next time (besides things i need to wash and etc).

    Sure is a jump in price though... it's a tough call....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28