Click Here!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 124
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: Tales from the beer league

  1. #21
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,761
    Liked
    3221 times
    Karma
    21815601
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

    Default

    Awman, I know that feeling! I had a similar situation last night where I broke up a pass in the neutral zone and was coming up the left side, faked like I was going wide, toe-dragged the puck by the first defenseman, then the 2nd one pinched over and I did the same thing, got by him, but he tied up my stick so I couldn't get a shot off, the puck still drifted to the goalie who covered for a whistle, but all my teammates were like Holy *****, where did you pull those moves out of? hahaha.
    LetTigerIn, P. Diddy and jammer06 like this.

  2. #22
    See disclosure notice




    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,884
    Liked
    822 times
    Karma
    3100000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Had a game on sunday that was a heartbreaker. We go down 1 early on in the game off of a weird shot that hit the goalie's shoulder and trickled in. We came back about 5 minutes later to tie it for the period. Second period we go up one early off of a deflection from me, and it was promptly equalized by a super lucky backhand shot that would have had to make it through a mail slot to go in... and it did. The third period starts with with us taking the lead off of a great give-and-go. We hold the lead for about 10 minutes and we get cherry picked (no offsides no icing... sucks). So its a tie game. With 3 minutes left I'm playing right defense and the other team comes in and starts what could loosely be called a cycle. The guy with the puck shoots/hard passes to the slot and the puck bounces off of my left shinguard and goes right into the net. The other team cheers like they just won the Cup or some junk... So we pull the goalie and try to even things up, and a fight breaks out. 3 of our guys get ejected and two of theirs get ejected. So now we're on the PK with about 2 minutes left. Then one of our guys gets his knee really ****ed up by a player on the other team diving for the puck. Time trickles away and we lose 4-3, with my shin scoring the GWG.
    P. Diddy likes this.
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

  3. #23
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,710
    Liked
    6801 times
    Karma
    389477390
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    677 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    Had a game on sunday that was a heartbreaker. We go down 1 early on in the game off of a weird shot that hit the goalie's shoulder and trickled in. We came back about 5 minutes later to tie it for the period. Second period we go up one early off of a deflection from me, and it was promptly equalized by a super lucky backhand shot that would have had to make it through a mail slot to go in... and it did. The third period starts with with us taking the lead off of a great give-and-go. We hold the lead for about 10 minutes and we get cherry picked (no offsides no icing... sucks). So its a tie game. With 3 minutes left I'm playing right defense and the other team comes in and starts what could loosely be called a cycle. The guy with the puck shoots/hard passes to the slot and the puck bounces off of my left shinguard and goes right into the net. The other team cheers like they just won the Cup or some junk... So we pull the goalie and try to even things up, and a fight breaks out. 3 of our guys get ejected and two of theirs get ejected. So now we're on the PK with about 2 minutes left. Then one of our guys gets his knee really ****ed up by a player on the other team diving for the puck. Time trickles away and we lose 4-3, with my shin scoring the GWG.
    That's a bummer of a game. How long are suspensions for fighting ejections in your league typically?
    P. Diddy likes this.

  4. #24
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,761
    Liked
    3221 times
    Karma
    21815601
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

    Default

    Crazy game daxx, that is a bummer about the GWG going in off of your shin. :/
    daxx and P. Diddy like this.

  5. #25
    See disclosure notice




    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,884
    Liked
    822 times
    Karma
    3100000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    That's a bummer of a game. How long are suspensions for fighting ejections in your league typically?
    Each guy involved is suspended for one game. If any of them get into another scuffle they're gone for the season.
    P. Diddy likes this.
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

  6. #26
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,761
    Liked
    3221 times
    Karma
    21815601
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

    Default

    well we lost our championship game tonight, 6-1...ouch. the other team had at least 3 full lines, where we had two. having fresh legs makes a huge difference, i wish we had 3 full lines tonight. :/ we did last week and everyone skated hard and kept there shifts short, so it wasnt an issue regarding ice time.

    in other news, the blade on my Warrior Dolomite Draper just cracked in my game tonight (had it for at least 4 seasons). Last season I had an itch to try a different curve so I went with a Burrows Dynasty. I struggled with it for a few games before going back to my Draper Dolomite. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get used to the almost non-existent Burrows curve of the Dynasty. I'm now in the market for a new stick, luckily HockeyMonkey is 5 minutes from my work and they have a shooting room with a ton of sticks to demo. Although I wont be able to put my skates on, and the sticks are all varied in length, so I'm not sure that I would be able to get an accurate representation of how the stick would actually work for me.

  7. #27
    See disclosure notice




    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,884
    Liked
    822 times
    Karma
    3100000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    We tied yesterday's game 2-2. It was a pretty good game considering we had a bunch of subs because of the scuffle last week. I had a couple of nice shots but nothing went in for me. Their goalie was standing on his head in the 3rd keeping them in it.
    What really blows is that our goalie that's been with us for the last three seasons just decided that he doesn't want to play anymore. At the end of last season he says he's a lock for this season and then no-shows twice. So the little brother of one of our players fills in for both games and is now our full time goalie. The problem is that he's 14. He's not even supposed to be playing in this league. The kid is pretty good. He positions well with the first shot and doesn't give up big rebounds, but his lateral movement between the pipes is crap. He's really susceptible to wrap-arounds. Hopefully he can get a little better as the season goes on and I can win another beer mug. He'll have to hold off on drinking out of his for another 7 years... wow that seems like a long time.
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

  8. #28
    Your attention please... boy1der's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,074
    Liked
    738 times
    Karma
    1098100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

    Default

    I play in Pasadena on Monday nights. I'm right handed, but usually play on the left side. Although, it generally doesn't matter because I'm equally as ineffective on the right. If you go to the LGK pickups...you'd know what I mean. Heh.
    We are doing decently right now, 4th place out of 7...but are only 3 points out of second, so it's really close. We'll see how things go from here.

  9. #29
    See disclosure notice




    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,884
    Liked
    822 times
    Karma
    3100000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boy1der View Post
    I play in Pasadena on Monday nights. I'm right handed, but usually play on the left side. Although, it generally doesn't matter because I'm equally as ineffective on the right. If you go to the LGK pickups...you'd know what I mean. Heh.
    We are doing decently right now, 4th place out of 7...but are only 3 points out of second, so it's really close. We'll see how things go from here.
    What time do you play? I could come to watch you play. I would mock you relentlessly, but I'd still watch.
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

  10. #30
    Team LGK eddieshack23's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,134
    Liked
    826 times
    Karma
    31075498
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    well we lost our championship game tonight, 6-1...ouch. the other team had at least 3 full lines, where we had two. having fresh legs makes a huge difference, i wish we had 3 full lines tonight. :/ we did last week and everyone skated hard and kept there shifts short, so it wasnt an issue regarding ice time.

    in other news, the blade on my Warrior Dolomite Draper just cracked in my game tonight (had it for at least 4 seasons). Last season I had an itch to try a different curve so I went with a Burrows Dynasty. I struggled with it for a few games before going back to my Draper Dolomite. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get used to the almost non-existent Burrows curve of the Dynasty. I'm now in the market for a new stick, luckily HockeyMonkey is 5 minutes from my work and they have a shooting room with a ton of sticks to demo. Although I wont be able to put my skates on, and the sticks are all varied in length, so I'm not sure that I would be able to get an accurate representation of how the stick would actually work for me.
    Wow, a shooting room!

    I've got to go there.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28