Click Here!
Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 804
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your latest golf game

  1. #581
    FlyinKIng
    Guest

    Default

    Just in case you guys need a new driver, here's a decent offer from Golfsmith.

    Golfsmith


    Shot a 97, I know still new at this, at Empire Lakes on Sat.

  2. #582
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I am now down to a 10.9 Trend Index with 1 more round to play this month.

    So, I am looking at new irons. I have had short sessions with the following irons -

    Titleist AP-2
    Cleveland CG7 Tour
    Nike Victory Forged Split Cavity
    Mizuno MP-52
    Mizuno MP-62

    I really liked the MP-52's..

    Any other ones I should hit? I want more of a players club, but not a blade. I currently play Cleveland CG4.

  3. #583
    Iron Duke
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    I am now down to a 10.9 Trend Index with 1 more round to play this month.

    So, I am looking at new irons. I have had short sessions with the following irons -

    Titleist AP-2
    Cleveland CG7 Tour
    Nike Victory Forged Split Cavity
    Mizuno MP-52
    Mizuno MP-62

    I really liked the MP-52's..

    Any other ones I should hit? I want more of a players club, but not a blade. I currently play Cleveland CG4.
    My uncle, who's a teaching pro, plays AP-2s and loves them. He just helped me get set up with some Titleist 755s, the same kind Steve Stricker plays (finally making the transition to some stiff shaft, less forgiving clubs). Any of those you listed above are pretty solid clubs.

  4. #584
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    10.7 index for July 2009. Represents a 0.5 improvement in my game in the last month.

    THAT much closer to a new set of irons!!!!

    (btw, I shot an 84 at Mile Square on Saturday and that was a 11.5 differential, so my trend in lower than 10.7.. I think 10.4 now)...

  5. #585
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HrudeyRules View Post
    Just shot an 84 at the General Old Course near March AFB.

    Decent course for the price, and it was nicely manicured. Greens were rolling fairly well.

    Anyhow, just bought a house in Eagle Glen area...how is the course?
    ****.. Missed this.

    Weekends at Eagle Glen - $69 w/cart.

    The positives -

    Grass Practice Facility
    Nice Club House/Bar
    Decent Food
    Large Bent Grass Greens - Fast with subtle breaks.
    Usually kept up well
    Good mental/visual test
    I don't recall any 5 somes.

    The Negatives -

    Weekend play can be DEATHLY slow. Front 9 is usually slower. #4 is a short Par 3 and there is a backup, and the next is a par 5 where the 2nd shot is across a ravine. Many weekend warriors think they can hit the green in 2 (it isn't a long par 5). The rest of 'em hit their second shot into said ravine. It usually picks up after that, but still a little slow.

    The wind. Can get blowing pretty good into you on many of the holes.

    3 weeks ago, the greens were not receptive at all. I would hit some flush 9 irons and wedges into the greens short of the pin, and I would be on the back side of the green. They were better last week.

    Small practice green.

    For $69 ($55 for seniors, even on the weekend) it is a good course.

    From the gold tees, it is rated 70.3/129.

    Keep you ball on the right level, and under the hole and you'll do fine. Pay close attention to the hills around the course while you are on the greens. Yes, they will slope away from the hills even if you can not see it. Get your speed right, and you can score.

  6. #586
    Iron Duke
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    10.7 index for July 2009. Represents a 0.5 improvement in my game in the last month.

    THAT much closer to a new set of irons!!!!

    (btw, I shot an 84 at Mile Square on Saturday and that was a 11.5 differential, so my trend in lower than 10.7.. I think 10.4 now)...
    Grats No One. I haven't even been keeping track, but probably need to start plugging scores in. I played once from September last year thru May. Played 4 times in the last few weeks, first two at El Prado, second two at Marshall Canyon. 90, 89, 86, 84. Bitch of it was that 84 was an 81 til I decided to bogey 16 17, 18 (with pars reasonable on the first two).

    Hoping to get out this Thursday, maybe Sierra Lakes or The Links at Summerly. Anybody play Los Serranos ever? Worth checking out?

  7. #587
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Grats No One.
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Anybody play Los Serranos ever? Worth checking out?
    Many, many times. Both courses. I live in Huntington and either one of these courses are in the regular rotation.

    South Course - It is the longer of the 2 courses. They use this course for qualifying. First two holes are relatively easy par 5's. My better scores (relative to my index) are on this course, with its par 74 and 74.3/134 rating from the Blues. It plays about 7100 yards from the Blues. It is 7400+ from the Blacks (Jack's Blacks), but you have to have a single digit handicap in order to play them, and I think it is weekdays only.

    North Course - Narrower and shorter than the South. The Eucalyptus trees were the courses primary defense, however they had to remove 3 - 5,000 of them (between the 2 courses) a few years ago. They have toughened up the North course with a lot more bunkering, smaller greens, and some holes were lengthened. If you play the North, check out the bunkers on #16. They are St. Andrews influenced. Deep, and the only way out is NOT towards the green. They have that deep walled face, and if you get too close you are going backwards.

    Are they worth checking out? Yes.

    Neither course is all that hard, per se. However, on the weekends it does take a while to get around, especially if there are some club tourney's.

    The do have the grass range open on the weekends. At least they have the last few times I have been there. I am sure on some weekends where the grass isn't quite ready. It just hasn't happened to me the last few times I have been there.

    The greens have always been receptive and pretty easy to read.

  8. #588
    Iron Duke
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Thanks.



    Many, many times. Both courses. I live in Huntington and either one of these courses are in the regular rotation.

    South Course - It is the longer of the 2 courses. They use this course for qualifying. First two holes are relatively easy par 5's. My better scores (relative to my index) are on this course, with its par 74 and 74.3/134 rating from the Blues. It plays about 7100 yards from the Blues. It is 7400+ from the Blacks (Jack's Blacks), but you have to have a single digit handicap in order to play them, and I think it is weekdays only.

    North Course - Narrower and shorter than the South. The Eucalyptus trees were the courses primary defense, however they had to remove 3 - 5,000 of them (between the 2 courses) a few years ago. They have toughened up the North course with a lot more bunkering, smaller greens, and some holes were lengthened. If you play the North, check out the bunkers on #16. They are St. Andrews influenced. Deep, and the only way out is NOT towards the green. They have that deep walled face, and if you get too close you are going backwards.

    Are they worth checking out? Yes.

    Neither course is all that hard, per se. However, on the weekends it does take a while to get around, especially if there are some club tourney's.

    The do have the grass range open on the weekends. At least they have the last few times I have been there. I am sure on some weekends where the grass isn't quite ready. It just hasn't happened to me the last few times I have been there.

    The greens have always been receptive and pretty easy to read.
    Thanks for the heads up. We try to get out weekday afternoons. Any problems you think? From what I understand it is technically a Country Club, but is open to public play. Is that correct? We're just looking for some diversity in courses where we can get a relaxed round on well-kept tracks.

  9. #589
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. We try to get out weekday afternoons. Any problems you think? From what I understand it is technically a Country Club, but is open to public play. Is that correct? We're just looking for some diversity in courses where we can get a relaxed round on well-kept tracks.
    100% Public.

  10. #590
    Iron Duke
    Guest

    Default

    Just logged all my scores and the index is at 10.8. Hoping to break into the 7/8 range and start shooting some mid-high 70s by the end of this summer. Fixing my putting will go a long, long way toward doing that.

    Two rounds with my new set of Titleist 755s (Dynamic Gold S300 shafts), and loving them. Great feel to the club. Once I get used to the stiff shafts, these are going to work out beautifully.

Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28