Back by popular demand, here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
That’s Michael Rapaport taking a photo of Martin Hanzal at the Kings game last night, and reminding us that he was the bomb in “True Romance.”
Preview: Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. ET. Free at last free at last Jake Gardiner is free at last. Back after 21 games in the AHL, he’ll be paired with John-Michael Liles. It’s Cory Conacher’s homecoming, and he is wary of pranks.
Preview: Minnesota Wild at Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 p.m. ET. The Wild have not won in regulation at Detroit since Jan. 3, 2006, going 3-10-0 with two victories in overtime and one in a shootout. Meanwhile, Henrik Zetterberg is a really, really good human being.
Preview: San Jose Sharks at Edmonton Oilers, 9:30 p.m. ET. Here’s a look at the math the Oilers need to make the playoffs. Said Shawn Horcoff: “There’s so many teams. It’s not like we’re chasing one team. There’s no separation.” The Sharks and Oilers are separated by two points.
Preview: Dallas Stars at Colorado Avalanche, 9:30 p.m. ET. Joe Sacco scratches David Jones and Jamie McGinn, saying: “We’ve lost four games in a row and we need to be better. As a team, we can’t wait around for guys to get their game. Hopefully it won’t be long-term, but we’ll see.” The Stars are sticking with the lineup that helped them topple the Calgary Flames.
Preview: Chicago Blackhawks at Anaheim Ducks, 10 p.m. ET. Leahy’s got the preview of this epic duel between the West’s best.
Check out previews and updated scores for all of today's games on the Y! Sports NHL scores and scheds page. For tonight's starting goalies, check out Goalie Post.
• Greg Millen, Bill Watters and Going Postal on today’s podcast. [Marek Vs. Wyshynski]
• Prayers with Glen Sather of the New York Rangers as he undergoes prostate cancer surgery. [Newsday]
• Adam McQuaid will miss 2-4 weeks with a shoulder injury. [Guardian]
• Interesting look at the Tuukka Rask trade from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ perspective. [Tasca]
• The Rochester Amerks will play an outdoor game next season at Frontier Field. [Sabres Edge]
• OMG Alberta Premier Alison Redford is a BRUINS FAN LOLZ WTF? [Lethbridge Herald]
Puck Daddy Reader Comment of the Day: Bfl21 is cool with NHL ’94, but:
I am more partial to NHLPA 93, although with no NHL license the Islanders were called "long island"Bold Prediction: The Blackhawks defeat the Ducks … in a shootout.