Senators vs. Habs; Blake Geoffrion considering retirement (Puck Previews) (PuckDaddy)
Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
http://l.yimg.com/os/en/blogs/sptusn.../159932322.jpgPreview: Ottawa Senators at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. ET Coming off a shootout loss to the Boston Bruins on Monday, the Senators will go back to Robin Lehner between the pipes for the third straight game. Montreal is looking for their fourth straight win. The home team has won each of the three meetings between these teams this season.
Preview: Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils, 7:30 p.m. ET Ilya Bryzgalov said on Tuesday that if the Flyers didn't win their two games against the Devils this week, the team was "done". He'll be in net to prevent that from happening as the Devils try to turn around their recent struggles since Martin Brodeur went on injured reserve. New Jersey has lost seven of nine during that time with two rookies, Keith Kinkaid and Jeff Frazee, making their NHL debuts coming in relief of Johan Hedberg.
Preview: Detroit Red Wings at Calgary Flames, 9:30 p.m. ET Thanks to the flu, Jonas Gustavsson will be in net replacing Jimmy Howard tonight. Defenseman Ian White will not play tonight either due to "personal reasons". Returning for the Red Wings will be forward Valtteri Filppula. Aside from winning, Calgary will also look to continue Detroit's road power play woes, having not scored on a man advantage in 36 attempts away from Joe Louis Arena.
Check out previews and updated scores for all of today's games on the Y! Sports NHL scores and scheds page. For tonight's starting goalies, check out Goalie Post.
• Jake Gardiner on his agent Tweeting "#FreeJakeGardiner" on Tuesday night: "It's just my agent's thoughts and it's his choice to tweet that. There are always distractions, especially in Toronto. Sometimes people can blow things out of proportion (but) I don't think he meant anything by it and I'm not going to let that distract me." [TSN]
• Great read by Scott Burnside on Rich Clune's battle with alcoholism. [ESPN]
• Despite what John Buccigross may have Tweeted this morning, Blake Geoffrion is not retiring just yet. He is considering it, however. [Tennessean]
• The man who hit Geoffrion, J.P. Cote of the Syracuse Crunch, speaks. [Post-Standard]
• How big is the upcoming road trip for the New York Islanders? [Islanders Point Blank]
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: Brad on the "Free Jake Gardiner" movement:
Bad idea by the agent. Now, even if they were going to bring him up, they will reconsider because they don't want to be seen as caving to the agent and player. Komisarek and Liles are in the press box, and Connoly is in the minors. If you cave to this agent, how long before those guys start chirping.Bold prediction: The Flyers stave off being "done" as Ilya Bryzgalov posts a 3-0 shutout.