Click Here!
Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 772
Like Tree537Likes

Thread: 2014 Stadium Series Game at Dodger Stadium

  1. #101
    We OLIVE for Kings Hockey AngryKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,645
    Liked
    484 times
    Karma
    1040100
    Images
    138
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughtydiva View Post
    I am kind of curious as to what seats sell out quickly...Who knows what will be left on Friday.I just want to be there ..I don't care if my view is horrible.DS has brand new big screens.I would love to sit in loge but just might be too pricey for me.
    I was thinking least expensive seats too, but sources say the view is just bad from those seats. I might upgrade a bit just to be able to enjoy it and soak it all in.

  2. #102
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    712
    Liked
    149 times
    Karma
    1140100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKing View Post
    I was thinking least expensive seats too, but sources say the view is just bad from those seats. I might upgrade a bit just to be able to enjoy it and soak it all in.
    Yeah me too .I just hope some decent seats are still available Friday

  3. #103
    SHOOT! Butch 19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Liked
    605 times
    Karma
    1110800
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughtydiva View Post
    Yeah me too .I just hope some decent seats are still available Friday
    There's no decent seats available right now!
    AngryKing and Ninja_Kat like this.

  4. #104
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    30,869
    Liked
    1817 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
    Yeah, it's not enough to sell an additional 15,000-20,000 tickets more than they would for a game at Staples Center, they have to gouge on the prices as well.
    Not sure what the exact seating capacity is for this game....but for Dodger games its roughly 56,000, with that in mind its actually close to 28,000 extra tickets....double normal capacity and then some. Kind of makes the gouge even more baffling. Considering most duck fans wont drive to Staples...I am thinking even less will want to venture to dodger stadium and brave the elements in what will essentially be a Kings home game.

    My Prediction I offer with fingers fully crossed.....a lot of extra tickets will be available on stubhub and craigslist.
    KINGS17 and Nyssa42 like this.
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  5. #105
    All Star Hockey Girl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    4,937
    Liked
    78 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Considering the number of tickets assigned to the Kings and Ducks to sell to their fan bases and the number reserved by the NHL, I don't think there's a chance of a significant surplus. The secondary market is likely to be unkind. If its important for someone to be there who is concerned more about cost than the view, the 89.00 seats are the best bet, IMO. There won't be tickets anywhere near that cheap on Stubhub.

  6. #106
    Roadrunner Great/WHA MVP KINGS17's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    12,900
    Liked
    1788 times
    Karma
    1304051
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Not sure what the exact seating capacity is for this game....but for Dodger games its roughly 56,000, with that in mind its actually close to 28,000 extra tickets....double normal capacity and then some. Kind of makes the gouge even more baffling. Considering most duck fans wont drive to Staples...I am thinking even less will want to venture to dodger stadium and brave the elements in what will essentially be a Kings home game.

    My Prediction I offer with fingers fully crossed.....a lot of extra tickets will be available on stubhub and craigslist.
    Even if the prices are considerably less on Stub Hub than face value, it is going to take a lot for someone to talk me into going to this game. The only seats that look worthy of any money at all are along the 1st and 3rd base lines in the corners of the rink, or maybe high up behind home plate.

    I am still sold on the Kings in terms of their philosophy and the work they have done with player personnel, but I think the business in terms of the fan experience has been lacking the last few years.

    As an example, the quality of the food at Staples Center has definitely dropped over the last few years and is no where close to what you can get at the Honda Center.
    elkhockey and Ninja_Kat like this.
    Hockey's original bad boy. The "Cowboy" Howie Young


  7. #107
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,596
    Liked
    818 times
    Karma
    1066200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
    As an example, the quality of the food at Staples Center has definitely dropped over the last few years and is no where close to what you can get at the Honda Center.
    While it's beside the point, if you're not getting your eat and drink on outside of SC, you're doing it wrong.
    Hipcheck likes this.

  8. #108
    Roadrunner Great/WHA MVP KINGS17's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    12,900
    Liked
    1788 times
    Karma
    1304051
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    While it's beside the point, if you're not getting your eat and drink on outside of SC, you're doing it wrong.
    I agree. We eat and drink at the restaurants, but sometimes you don't have time, and the food inside Staples Center leaves a lot to be desired. There is no reason for that to be the case.
    Hockey's original bad boy. The "Cowboy" Howie Young


  9. #109
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,487
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
    I agree. We eat and drink at the restaurants, but sometimes you don't have time, and the food inside Staples Center leaves a lot to be desired. There is no reason for that to be the case.
    what are you talking about? the last time i ate at honda center it was garlic fries and i barfed. haha. so i swore food in the pond off.
    at staples, when i get to sit in the PR section, i always order chili cheese fries and carrot cake... and a single malt. i can't get any of this at honda center!
    when i don't sit in the PRs, i'll take the escalator up to the smoking section and get my chili cheese fries up there. so good so good so good.
    Hipcheck likes this.

  10. #110
    1st Scoring Line Rogie-Vachon's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,652
    Liked
    942 times
    Karma
    1632315
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    garlic fries-chili cheese fries and carrot cake... and a single malt- the smoking section
    Jeez...with that life style...you might not have to worry about this problem much longer...

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. August 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28