I do have to admit I don't feel as bad as I normally would... I sitll have a little zen hangover myself from six months with a cup and no losses. It's actually kind of nice. Instead of throwing the remote across the room, kicking my dog, yelling at my wife, and putting the kids' hamster in the microwave after a brutal loss like I usually would... I just sort of... get aggravated, but then I just go find something else to do.
- PHX (road) ... still not a gimme win in my book (unless they start Labs, which Ok - they did)- no gimme but at that time the Yotes were playing really bad.
- VAN ... still very good- with a depleted line-up, on the 2nd night of back to back which fatigue is probably the only reason they won.
- NASH ... still always, always tough- true but see above.
- SUCKS (road) ... hate 'em all we want, the Ducks are 7-1-1 and sit 3rd overall in the entire league. Somehow these guys are suddenly very good. agreed but the Kings were rested, the Ducks on the 2nd of a b2b and that was a very winnable hockey game
- CLS (easy)- Agreed!
- NASH (road)- yep and unfortunately the 1st 5 minutes of that game was all they needed.
It gets MUCH tougher from here on out not just because of who they play but the days in between games. it is going to be fast and furious until the end of the season starting Saturday. Even Fraser had a post game comment how the schedule played to their favor and they failed to take advantage. This will only matter if they are a game or 2 out at the end of 48.
Some teams get it and some don't get what is actually happening and that is that this mini season is actually all playoff games. You play nothing but teams that are in direct competition for one of the 8 spots you need to get just to make it back to the playoffs. Teams just can't use the same cliches that they can usually use when thinking that they can just get it going around March and fly into the playoffs.
Plus, one can't simply think that a 7th or 8th seed is just going to repeat what the Kings achieved last season.
The team needs to wake up fast.
I've got a Red Wings jersey with Robitaille 20 on it. One of my best friends is a Red Wings fan and my wife too. I was SO happy for Luc that he won the Cup that year! It's the only way that I'll wear a Wings jersey. The only time I wear it is when I go to the Pond to see the Wings play. Yeah, I'm THAT guy... LOL
My personal opinion is that the Kings went into the playoffs pissed off, angry and determined. They're none of that now. They're waaaay too complacent now. They had a chip on their shoulder, which is no longer there.
Kings will be fine.
BEHIND THE NET: Hockey Analysis and Statistics [new host]