Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 202
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Getting to the Game: Tips and Tricks for Taking Transit

  1. #121
    Support the Fans SirJW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    13,007
    Liked
    1526 times
    Karma
    7349605
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    209 Post(s)

    Default

    Bummer the big blue bus' last run West is @8:50.
    Bought prepaid parking on TM instead.

  2. #122
    Luuuuuuuuccccc! KingsGrl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    68 times
    Karma
    66771152
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    From Pasadena, I take the Gold to the Red, then walk from 7th and metro. Walking from metro is about the same time as waiting for the Blue line. I haven't driven to a game in two years. I just expect to walk a little, and I'm cool with it.
    Never done this before, so I have a few questions. Where do you get the Gold Line from? How long does it take you to walk from 7th and metro to Staples? Thanks in advance!

  3. #123
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,688
    Liked
    5138 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1423 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGrl View Post
    Never done this before, so I have a few questions. Where do you get the Gold Line from? How long does it take you to walk from 7th and metro to Staples? Thanks in advance!
    Metro Trip Planner

    The Gold Line starts in Pasadena, on the Sierra Madre Villa station. It's like 10-13 stops until it hits Union Station (Red Line).

    The few times I took the Gold/Red Line and got off at 7th Street Metro Center, the walk was only about 10 minutes. It really depends on your walking speed.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  4. #124
    Luuuuuuuuccccc! KingsGrl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    68 times
    Karma
    66771152
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Metro Trip Planner

    The Gold Line starts in Pasadena, on the Sierra Madre Villa station. It's like 10-13 stops until it hits Union Station (Red Line).

    The few times I took the Gold/Red Line and got off at 7th Street Metro Center, the walk was only about 10 minutes. It really depends on your walking speed.
    Thanks! This worked out perfectly for us. We got on at the Lake Station and transferred to the Red Line. The walk only took us about 10 minutes and we chatted the whole way with a group we met on the Gold Line. Totally worth it!
    moontheloon23 likes this.

  5. #125
    Go, Kings, Go Rinkrat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    211,217
    Liked
    7885 times
    Karma
    55486126
    Images
    6677
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

  6. #126
    3rd Line Role Player headoffat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    191
    Liked
    30 times
    Karma
    1160000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    I love it! I drive 300 feet to the beginning of the orange line to the red line to the blue line and whamm-o im across the street from staples! $6 total round trip! And the best part- after pregaming at the yard house, i dont hafta stop drinking at the 10 min mark of the second any more! And bless the bums in the subway stations! After getting drunkenly lost ine night after we raped analslime i got lost down there and every homeless person i asked for directions happilly answered my drunk ass so i shelled out a 5 spot to each of em for booze!

  7. #127
    Im dumb, I'll prove it mark1178's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,377
    Liked
    1420 times
    Karma
    5906342
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

    Default Getting to the Game: Tips and Tricks for Taking Transit

    I guess the first tip should be "Wait for season to start."@
    pg1067 likes this.

  8. #128
    3rd Line Role Player dwillis's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    4 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm coming up from San Diego to the game Saturday. I'm thinking of jumping on the early Amtrak to Union Station. Is there a Metro connection at Union Station, to head down to Staples Center?

  9. #129
    1st Scoring Line Shackleford's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,638
    Liked
    92 times
    Karma
    1039572
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwillis View Post
    I'm coming up from San Diego to the game Saturday. I'm thinking of jumping on the early Amtrak to Union Station. Is there a Metro connection at Union Station, to head down to Staples Center?
    Take the Redline to 7th Street Metro Station ( about 3 stops down ?)
    Transfer to blue line get off at Chick Hearn / Pico Station if you are feeling lazy or
    Walk out of 7th street Station Figueroa Street exit .
    Turn left / go south on Figueroa towards Staples Center
    Numbered streets should be getting higher (7th , 8th etc)
    It's sort of down hill if that helps
    Staples center is at Figueroa and 11th .
    About a 10 minute walk

    You can't miss it really.
    Another thing that works is just follow all the people with Kings jerseys
    when you exit the station or the blue line train .

  10. #130
    3rd Line Role Player dwillis's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    4 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shackleford View Post
    Take the Redline to 7th Street Metro Station ( about 3 stops down ?)
    Transfer to blue line get off at Chick Hearn / Pico Station if you are feeling lazy or
    Walk out of 7th street Station Figueroa Street exit .
    Turn left / go south on Figueroa towards Staples Center
    Numbered streets should be getting higher (7th , 8th etc)
    It's sort of down hill if that helps
    Staples center is at Figueroa and 11th .
    About a 10 minute walk

    You can't miss it really.
    Another thing that works is just follow all the people with Kings jerseys
    when you exit the station or the blue line train .
    Sounds perfect! For a weekend game it's simply a no-brainer to use the Rail system to avoid that long drive and the horrible L.A. Traffic!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28