Click Here!
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 181
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Getting to the Game: Tips and Tricks for Taking Transit

  1. #141
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,488
    Liked
    1267 times
    Karma
    1130100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    oh please, i've taken that train at night and it's not scary at all. on the ride back from the USC game, one of the brothers bought some M&Ms off another brother who was hawking a box of them and he tossed a bag to each person close by. gave my kid some M&Ms, how very kind.

    i've encountered a few other random kindnesses last season but in my sudafed induced haze, i can't recall the specifics.
    there are some interesting conversations that are loudly had, but it's relatively harmless.

    when i take the train by myself, i usually keep to myself and scroll twitter on my iphone while being aware of my surroundings and there's never a prob.
    mugs and pg1067 like this.

  2. #142
    Zombie Wussy_demon's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    681
    Liked
    1471 times
    Karma
    1014733
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    oh please, i've taken that train at night and it's not scary at all. on the ride back from the USC game, one of the brothers bought some M&Ms off another brother who was hawking a box of them and he tossed a bag to each person close by. gave my kid some M&Ms, how very kind.

    i've encountered a few other random kindnesses last season but in my sudafed induced haze, i can't recall the specifics.
    there are some interesting conversations that are loudly had, but it's relatively harmless.

    when i take the train by myself, i usually keep to myself and scroll twitter on my iphone while being aware of my surroundings and there's never a prob.
    Thank you all for the replies and sorry for being paranoid, I've never taken any of the LA public transportation so that's why I didn't know if it was "safe" but it looks like I will have nothing to worry about. Maybe I will even see a few of you on the way to the stapler

  3. #143
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,488
    Liked
    1267 times
    Karma
    1130100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wussy_demon View Post
    Thank you all for the replies and sorry for being paranoid, I've never taken any of the LA public transportation so that's why I didn't know if it was "safe" but it looks like I will have nothing to worry about. Maybe I will even see a few of you on the way to the stapler
    ha, no prob. it's reasonable paranoia, but i think as long as you're aware of your surroundings, you'll be fine and there's no need to go out of your way to avoid certain areas on the green/blue line. have fun. i'll prob drive this time only because it's 15-30 min faster on a weekend and i'm already not a morning person (ie. i'm usually waking up around noon on the weekend).

  4. #144
    3rd Line Role Player LoudGuitarist's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    88 times
    Karma
    1115000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    The Metro seems like it would be convenient, I saw it drops off across the street from the SC. My guess is riding that from South Orange County with 4 people will be more than driving and parking though.....have to see if it is a straight ride and how much.

  5. #145
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    852
    Liked
    242 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoudGuitarist View Post
    The Metro seems like it would be convenient, I saw it drops off across the street from the SC. My guess is riding that from South Orange County with 4 people will be more than driving and parking though.....have to see if it is a straight ride and how much.
    $10 each with Metrolink weekend pass (Tickets & Pricing Results | Metrolink) plus $1.50 to take the red line from Union Station to 7th and Flower.

  6. #146
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,488
    Liked
    1267 times
    Karma
    1130100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pg1067 View Post
    $10 each with Metrolink weekend pass (Tickets & Pricing Results | Metrolink) plus $1.50 to take the red line from Union Station to 7th and Flower.
    LA Metro Home | Fares

    what about a $5 day pass? i think i did that option when i switched from green line in norwalk to blue line to pico. i took that route when i came to staples from my husband's work.
    if i come from home in OC, i drive to the wardlow station in long beach and take the blue line to pico which only costs me $3 round trip.

  7. #147
    3rd Line Role Player LoudGuitarist's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    88 times
    Karma
    1115000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pg1067 View Post
    $10 each with Metrolink weekend pass (Tickets & Pricing Results | Metrolink) plus $1.50 to take the red line from Union Station to 7th and Flower.
    WOW only $10! That's awesome because it's 51 miles each way....
    x-wingcamewest likes this.

  8. #148
    Team LGK markm's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    558
    Liked
    293 times
    Karma
    1080366
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Default

    LA Metro has a place where you can check the current status of the various lines. For example, today's game (Sat Jan 19, opening day) there are no problems (except for the Kingdom Day Parade in South Central which will cause some bus route changes through that area).

  9. #149
    2nd Scoring Line Ryan120420's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    515
    Liked
    130 times
    Karma
    1156700
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pg1067 View Post
    $10 each with Metrolink weekend pass (Tickets & Pricing Results | Metrolink) plus $1.50 to take the red line from Union Station to 7th and Flower.
    Actually it would be $10.00 round trip.

    Your Metrolink ticket gets you unlimited transfers to most LA Metro Bus and Rail lines for the validity of your Metrolink ticket.


    Also, 1 way Metrolink tickets gets you unlimited transfers to most LA Metro Bus and Rail lines for the day (not time) your ticket was issued.

    Transit Connections | Metrolink

  10. #150
    3rd Line Role Player LoudGuitarist's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    88 times
    Karma
    1115000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Actually it would be $10.00 round trip.

    Your Metrolink ticket gets you unlimited transfers to most LA Metro Bus and Rail lines for the validity of your Metrolink ticket.


    Also, 1 way Metrolink tickets gets you unlimited transfers to most LA Metro Bus and Rail lines for the day (not time) your ticket was issued.

    Transit Connections | Metrolink
    So the Weekend Pass is not the way to go? Do we need to take a bus? I thought the train stops right in front of Staples Center? Or does it only go to Union Station?
    Thanks
    x-wingcamewest likes this.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84