Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Waiver Wire Pick-up




    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

    Default Idea for expanding NHL hockey fan base in LA. Trade K.

    I think California and LA needs bigger fan base. Fan base that will spend a lot more money for the Kings and will give west even more power over east. One of the main reasons great players don't want to come to west teams is bad fan base and lack of exposure. As a great player, you want to be known and seen. A lot easier on east side then west.

    Gretzky really helped with hockey being popular in LA and we need more of that. Cups alone don't really help a lot.

    How to expand fan base in LA? Trade for more big Canadian, American or Russian names. Sell guys that don't bring merchandise sale value. Right now, we have a perfect oportunity to do that. We have great value in Kopitar. He is great but not really a talker and a media person. Kopitar could bring us a huge name, not just a great player but also a great media guy. I would even go for Crosby with Kopitar and Voynov. I think Penguins would do this deal and it would give them great defense power, and Kings would get Crosby himself. With him we would still be fighting for the cup, but west and La would gain hugely in terms of hockey fan base. And money.

  2. #2
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,030
    Liked
    7101 times
    Karma
    100010000
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)

    Default

    Ok so you're saying be the Capitals?

  3. #3
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,994
    Liked
    5939 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)

    Default

    How random and pointless (no offense).

    We already have a loyal fanbase, 15,000 strong whether we win or lose. As long as they keep winning, the bandwagon fans will come.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  4. #4
    sauce on side Crazy Alice's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    330
    Liked
    64 times
    Karma
    1190692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    As long as they keep winning, the bandwagon fans will come.
    End of conversation.

  5. #5
    3rd Line Role Player Shareholder's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool
    As long as they keep winning, the bandwagon fans will come.
    And some of those have the potentials of becoming loyals.

  6. #6
    Team LGK Krussadams's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    830
    Liked
    1163 times
    Karma
    4490000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    253 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
    And some of those have the potentials of becoming loyals.
    Many of them, really. A great percentage of the "loyals" could have been considered bandwagoners at one point.

  7. #7
    No Kool-Aid needed!!! AllenA07's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,670
    Liked
    358 times
    Karma
    3505881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    321 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel33 View Post
    I think California and LA needs bigger fan base. Fan base that will spend a lot more money for the Kings and will give west even more power over east. One of the main reasons great players don't want to come to west teams is bad fan base and lack of exposure. As a great player, you want to be known and seen. A lot easier on east side then west.

    Gretzky really helped with hockey being popular in LA and we need more of that. Cups alone don't really help a lot.

    How to expand fan base in LA? Trade for more big Canadian, American or Russian names. Sell guys that don't bring merchandise sale value. Right now, we have a perfect oportunity to do that. We have great value in Kopitar. He is great but not really a talker and a media person. Kopitar could bring us a huge name, not just a great player but also a great media guy. I would even go for Crosby with Kopitar and Voynov. I think Penguins would do this deal and it would give them great defense power, and Kings would get Crosby himself. With him we would still be fighting for the cup, but west and La would gain hugely in terms of hockey fan base. And money.
    I'm just not even sure where to start here...

    Winning will bring fans.. Fans will spend money. Winning is, and always will be, the key.

  8. #8
    Dorkus Malorkus jom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,677
    Liked
    642 times
    Karma
    1121031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel33 View Post
    Cups alone don't really help a lot.
    Uh...what?

    LA is not as "star driven" as many people think. It is "winner" driven...so your above statement is not even remotely true.

    jom

  9. #9
    2nd Scoring Line KingzLA's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    464
    Liked
    42 times
    Karma
    1261657
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    In Dean I trust.

    I think building a farms system the Dean has (taking a page out of the DeadWings book), and creating a winning culture is what will get more fans. Having a mini (or not so mini) dynasty will do more than big name players.

    Cheers,

    Andrew K

  10. #10
    Waiver Wire Pick-up




    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

    Default

    I think media would go crazy if a guy like Crosby would come here for Kopitar. And i think Kopitar would finaly get a chance to play for a offensive minded team and just unlish hell there. Win - win. Voynov still has value but he is not showing anything near 4 million so trade would do good for him too.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •