Click Here!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Martinez

  1. #1
    The One & Only rajuabju's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,033
    Liked
    467 times
    Karma
    1294858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default Martinez

    I think Martinez in criminally underrated. Yes, criminally.

    He's an ideal #6 /#7 D for us. Very stable in our own end, not a liability whatosever, not prone to many mistakes. Chips in offensively, good shot and can play on the PP. Not flashy and really plays under the radar. Exactly what you want from a 3rd pairing guy.

    I really hope we keep him around after next year with a 3-4 year deal.
    kingnut, !Kings!, waynet and 5 others like this.

  2. #2
    1st Scoring Line kingnut's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,645
    Liked
    224 times
    Karma
    9111616
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    It would be awesome to keep him however I get the sense he will want more of an opportunity to play significant minutes without having to sit for stretches.

  3. #3
    1st Scoring Line Helvetica's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,693
    Liked
    853 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    263 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingnut View Post
    It would be awesome to keep him however I get the sense he will want more of an opportunity to play significant minutes without having to sit for stretches.
    Well if he keeps playing like he has for the past 15-ish games, then he wont be sitting much at all.
    Thud likes this.

  4. #4
    Want Cup zebehm's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,072
    Liked
    307 times
    Karma
    4131097
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    I agree. He's simply solid. Is there a better 5/6 D-man in the league? I think the biggest factor in him staying is if he wants to or thinks he can get 3/4 time/money elsewhere. I wonder how much of a factor the taste of winning a Cup plays into the plans of our younger guys. We obviously have a team built to compete for many years.

  5. #5
    2012 = end of the wait... jace29's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    4 times
    Karma
    23000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    martys one of my favorite players, so obviously id love him to stay but i get a feeling he wont be a king for very long in to the future. he will be a solid second pairing D somewhere else.

  6. #6
    1st Scoring Line gretzky99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,610
    Liked
    513 times
    Karma
    1098730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

    Default

    with that Doughty/Muzzin pair looking like it might stay together long term, i think Martinez has a good chance to play regularly. i don't see DS putting together Mitchell/Greene or, worse yet, Greene/Regehr.

  7. #7
    Gone....but not forgotten fuzzerson's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,887
    Liked
    1026 times
    Karma
    1119836
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    Martin-Ez

  8. #8
    4th Line Insurance Policy Goon Squad's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,494
    Liked
    155 times
    Karma
    1022866
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gretzky99 View Post
    with that Doughty/Muzzin pair looking like it might stay together long term, i think Martinez has a good chance to play regularly. i don't see DS putting together Mitchell/Greene or, worse yet, Greene/Regehr.
    I think Mitchell/Greene is exactly what we're gonna see for most of this season. They're not gonna scratch Mitchell or Regehr unless they're hurting the team. So hopefully Marty is patient, because he clearly belongs in the lineup, but he probably won't play 80 games until next season.

  9. #9
    The One & Only rajuabju's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,033
    Liked
    467 times
    Karma
    1294858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    I think Mitchell/Greene is exactly what we're gonna see for most of this season. They're not gonna scratch Mitchell or Regehr unless they're hurting the team. So hopefully Marty is patient, because he clearly belongs in the lineup, but he probably won't play 80 games until next season.
    So looking to next year, and assuming Mitchell retires, you're thinking:

    Doughty-Muzzin
    Regehr-Voynov
    Greene-Martinez (assuming Greene comes back)

    I can live with that.

  10. #10
    1st Scoring Line gretzky99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,610
    Liked
    513 times
    Karma
    1098730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    I think Mitchell/Greene is exactly what we're gonna see for most of this season. They're not gonna scratch Mitchell or Regehr unless they're hurting the team. So hopefully Marty is patient, because he clearly belongs in the lineup, but he probably won't play 80 games until next season.
    So looking to next year, and assuming Mitchell retires, you're thinking:

    Doughty-Muzzin
    Regehr-Voynov
    Greene-Martinez (assuming Greene comes back)

    I can live with that.
    I don't like assuming Greene will be back. I don't know if that would be a good move to re-sign him. His health has been an issue and I don't see it getting any better.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28