Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Quick vs. Weber (TSN Franchise Faceoff)

  1. #1
    1st Scoring Line Illegal_Stick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,137
    Liked
    38 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Default Quick vs. Weber (TSN Franchise Faceoff)

    Arguments made for both sides - if you were starting your own team which one of these two would you want? You can vote to determine the winner.

    http://www.tsn.ca/franchisefaceoff/

    Can't figure out how to link to the specific video, but its on the right-hand side. If someone else can figure it out, please post the link

  2. #2
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,657
    Liked
    274 times
    Karma
    1095000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    Arguments made for both sides - if you were starting your own team which one of these two would you want? You can vote to determine the winner.

    NHL Hockey News | Scores & Standings | TSN Hockey Schedules | Highlights

    Can't figure out how to link to the specific video, but its on the right-hand side. If someone else can figure it out, please post the link
    Don't have time to find the link.
    This is not a biased answer...it is based on what I have seen
    I take Quick. Just like I would have taken Roy over Bourque.

    And Quick is the ONLY goaltender I would take over Weber. And here is why. The series against the Sharks. Period. Before that series, I'd take Weber. But Quick going to the bench and going up and down talking to guys after the loss and being the last guy off the ice showed that he is more than just a great goalie. He is a leader. He stands up with the guys.
    Nothing against Weber. Like I said....any other goalie in the league and I take Weber.

    Lunquist's reactions to the goals against ("Put two in our own net") shows the difference. Hank is a great goalie, but he was exposed in that situation.

    So, I take Quick. I trust that he adds the leadership/Mentoring off the ice to build a foundation of a winning culture.
    STONE, Anjin-san, jcwla and 6 others like this.

  3. #3
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,173
    Liked
    725 times
    Karma
    1092137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

    Default

    Weber. I love Jonathan Quick, but it's almost impossible to win a Stanley Cup without an elite #1 defenseman. It's very possible to win a Stanley Cup with an above-average goalie.
    santiclaws, aaron, BDTR and 3 others like this.
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

  4. #4
    Is this me? DotUKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Karma
    1087500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

    Default

    Um quick cause he has helped his team to two cups. How many does Weber have?
    bhigs45, mark1178 and Igor Liba like this.

  5. #5
    Iím sicka the high hat!! santiclaws's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    14,987
    Liked
    14909 times
    Karma
    2116663
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1085 Post(s)

    Default

    I would take Doughty ahead of either. But since that choice is not available, Weber. As posted above, you can win without a top-notch goalie. You pretty much must have a Norris Caliber defenseman.
    BDTR, P. Diddy, Bollocks and 2 others like this.

  6. #6
    Put Me In Coach! Fisticuffs82's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,702
    Liked
    193 times
    Karma
    1085951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

    Default

    Specific link, video is on the right side of the screen:
    2014 Franchise Faceoff

    As of 8:43am, the voting is 63% Weber and 36.9% Quick, which is ridiculous that it's that far about but not surprising at the same time. TSN is Canada based, Weber is Canadian, Quick is American. That's just the way it goes. If you're not used to this by now, you're new to hockey.
    Anjin-san likes this.

  7. #7
    1st Scoring Line EB924's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,196
    Liked
    110 times
    Karma
    1045600
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisticuffs82 View Post
    Specific link, video is on the right side of the screen:
    2014 Franchise Faceoff

    As of 8:43am, the voting is 63% Weber and 36.9% Quick, which is ridiculous that it's that far about but not surprising at the same time. TSN is Canada based, Weber is Canadian, Quick is American. That's just the way it goes. If you're not used to this by now, you're new to hockey.
    TSN readers obviously have a Canadian bias but I think it's more based on what team the player is on than what nationality they are. They will vote for the American or European on their favorite team more than the Canadian on some other American team. Also, Weber is winning because he's a defensemen who has proven year after year to be elite. Like someone else has mentioned, It's more important to have a Franchise D-man to build around than an elite goaltender. I love Quick but his numbers outside of 2012 are not all that eye popping. Chicago has proven, twice, that you can win the cup with good but not great goaltending.

  8. #8
    AAAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!! Yog S'loth's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    3,850
    Liked
    225 times
    Karma
    1055300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

    Default

    Well, I've been reading the HF boards, and they all think Quick is a mediocre goalie who only wins because of "the team in front of him" and "puck luck". So I guess he's not very good. Good thing I listen to those guys.
    Thi's i's my new prote'st again'st apo'strohpe abu'se.
    I figure if you can't beat them, join them.
    Ju'st u'se an apo'strophe before every letter 's in every 'single word. Maybe 'some of the'se fool's will realize how 'stupid that i's.

  9. #9
    Put Me In Coach! Fisticuffs82's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,702
    Liked
    193 times
    Karma
    1085951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EB924 View Post
    TSN readers obviously have a Canadian bias but I think it's more based on what team the player is on than what nationality they are. They will vote for the American or European on their favorite team more than the Canadian on some other American team. Also, Weber is winning because he's a defensemen who has proven year after year to be elite. Like someone else has mentioned, It's more important to have a Franchise D-man to build around than an elite goaltender. I love Quick but his numbers outside of 2012 are not all that eye popping. Chicago has proven, twice, that you can win the cup with good but not great goaltending.
    Canadian or not, so you think the Predators have more fans and/or more of a following that the Kings?

    And whether or not we agree on who to build a franchise around, 63% to 37% is ridiculous for a guy who has played 5 1/2 NHL seasons, has 2 Stanley Cups and 2 Olympic appearances (1 as the starter). It's not an accurate poll, that's all I'm saying.

  10. #10
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,657
    Liked
    274 times
    Karma
    1095000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

    Default

    The problem with Canada is that it is full of Canadians.

    Western Canada is a hotbed for crappy hockey. Horrible systems. Terrible coaches. Ridiculous fans/parents. They make Pop Warner/Youth Baseball parents look like The Bradys'.

    I do not trust a single thing Western Canadian hockey people say when it comes to how the game should be played or who is more valuable/better than who.
    Fisticuffs82 and YodaButter like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27