Click Here!
Page 209 of 375 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3746
Like Tree3160Likes

Thread: THIS RIGHT HERE is the 2014 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

  1. #2081
    Concussed Villain Mondo Blando's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,970
    Liked
    2619 times
    Karma
    1256346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    739 Post(s)

    Default

    Thing is, even on deadline day, I don't think you could deal Muzzin, Martinez, Toffoli, Jones AND Pearson for Vaneks contract due to cap constrictions.

    The Isles are going to have to take significant salary back, and what Kings player making $3-4 million per is going to be both attractive to Snow AND won't be too much of a loss to the Kings?

    The only player that seems to fit is Williams, and I wouldn't give him up for a rental. Plus, the Isles are going to want a NHL ready left wing in the deal - they already have plenty of quality RW's. Including a Mitchell or Greene might work for the Kings, but would it give Snow enough time to flip him to somebody else before the deadline?

    I have been suggesting MacDonald for a month now, and that could absolutely work. Maybe Grabner too - but I can't see a way that Vanek works without seriously altering the roster too late in the year to work out well.

    Vanek is going to net a quality NHL player, and/or a top prospect and first rounder. Snow is past the "charity" point of just dumping for picks and prospects.

  2. #2082
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,048
    Liked
    1530 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Thing is, even on deadline day, I don't think you could deal Muzzin, Martinez, Toffoli, Jones AND Pearson for Vaneks contract due to cap constrictions.

    The Isles are going to have to take significant salary back, and what Kings player making $3-4 million per is going to be both attractive to Snow AND won't be too much of a loss to the Kings?

    The only player that seems to fit is Williams, and I wouldn't give him up for a rental. Plus, the Isles are going to want a NHL ready left wing in the deal - they already have plenty of quality RW's. Including a Mitchell or Greene might work for the Kings, but would it give Snow enough time to flip him to somebody else before the deadline?

    I have been suggesting MacDonald for a month now, and that could absolutely work. Maybe Grabner too - but I can't see a way that Vanek works without seriously altering the roster too late in the year to work out well.

    Vanek is going to net a quality NHL player, and/or a top prospect and first rounder. Snow is past the "charity" point of just dumping for picks and prospects.
    I am not saying you deal all that for those three. It is either Pearson/Toffoli and either Muzz/Martinez. I am not sure I would be able to pull the trigger on a deal this big either. Heck I am not even sure about the Kings at this point. Anyone else notice the defense is a step behind and Quick isn't making that huge save to bail them out? I can't remember him getting beat short side as much as he has been in the last few games. And if they give one up their confidence is shot - the last game was the first they showed the resilenacy that they have shown in the past. Part of me thinks they make a minor deal (MacDonald) that makes long term sense and continue to play Muzzin hard and force feed him NHL minutes and see what happens next year.

    I have been watching MacDonald on CenterIce the last couple of weeks and he is ok but I haven't seen that he is the kind of d-man to be a #2 but maybe in the Kings system it would work. And as I have said I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get Moen to replace Fraser who they found expendable. Gagne never made sense to me unless they thought he could be the Stoll replacement but he has work to go on the defensive end.

    Lots of decisions but a short time to make them ...

  3. #2083
    Roadrunner Great/WHA MVP KINGS17's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    12,900
    Liked
    1788 times
    Karma
    1304051
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

    Default

    Meh, if Dean wants to make a shake up deal with the Islanders I still like something along the lines of:

    Vey, Martinez, and Clifford for

    MacDonald and Grabner

    This contingent upon Dean being able to talk with MacDonald's agent and work out a deal. If MacDonald is determined to enter the UFA market, no deal.
    Hockey's original bad boy. The "Cowboy" Howie Young


  4. #2084
    2nd Scoring Line Cook24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    893
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    So I'm not too sure how much salary/cap a team is allowed to retain in a trade...would NYI be able to retain 50% of Vaneks salary till the end of the season?

    Muzzin, Clifford, and a 1st for Vanek with 50% retained and MacDonald.

    CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
    CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
    FORWARDS
    Thomas Vanek ($2.875m—50.00%) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Tyler Toffoli ($0.717m)
    Dwight King ($0.750m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)
    Dustin Brown ($3.175m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.250m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
    Matt Frattin ($0.438m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.325m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.700m)
    Colin Fraser ($0.825m) /
    DEFENSEMEN
    Andrew MacDonald ($0.550m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)
    Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
    Robyn Regehr ($3.000m) / Alec Martinez ($1.100m)
    Matt Greene ($2.950m)
    GOALTENDERS
    Jonathan Quick ($5.800m)
    Martin Jones ($0.550m)
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-02-09)
    SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $153,333
    CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,027,980
    Last edited by Cook24; February 9th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.

  5. #2085
    1st Scoring Line Hrudey92's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,283
    Liked
    72 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    If you think Muzzin, Clifford and a 2nd will get you Vanek HALF RETAINED ANDDDDD MacDonald... I want what you're smoking.
    Vargsmal and hokiecat like this.

  6. #2086
    2nd Scoring Line Cook24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    893
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hrudey92 View Post
    If you think Muzzin, Clifford and a 2nd will get you Vanek HALF RETAINED ANDDDDD MacDonald... I want what you're smoking.
    Both Vanek and MacDonald are UFAs and there's a pretty good chance they walk...they risk getting nothing if they keep them.

  7. #2087
    Formerly kingjozef anjae11eden's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,695
    Liked
    605 times
    Karma
    6321448
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
    Both Vanek and MacDonald are UFAs and there's a pretty good chance they walk...they risk getting nothing if they keep them.
    All true, but another team will likely offer a better deal. The proposed one just isn't that glamorous.

  8. #2088
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    3142 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

    Default The all not knowing trade superthread!

    You're not likely to land Vanek alone without either a first round pick or a top prospect... Or both.
    anjae11eden likes this.

  9. #2089
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    767
    Liked
    339 times
    Karma
    3017500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

    Default

    really dont want to pay for 3 months of vanek... If we're guna pay, pay for grabner.

  10. #2090
    magniloquent CBGB's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10,449
    Liked
    247 times
    Karma
    1072942
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hrudey92 View Post
    If you think Muzzin, Clifford and a 2nd will get you Vanek HALF RETAINED ANDDDDD MacDonald... I want what you're smoking.
    Smoking? No, its the good stuff. The Phillip Seymour Hoffman (or as my director friend said Philip Seymour Coffin) kind of hard core stuff.
    Vargsmal and hokiecat like this.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. March 5th, 2014, 09:03 AM
  2. March 4th, 2014, 06:49 PM
  3. March 4th, 2014, 11:25 AM
  4. February 28th, 2014, 01:23 PM
  5. February 28th, 2014, 10:58 AM
  6. February 26th, 2014, 11:16 AM
  7. February 24th, 2014, 11:10 AM
  8. February 4th, 2014, 09:24 AM
  9. February 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
  10. January 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM
  11. January 18th, 2014, 01:00 PM
  12. January 18th, 2014, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28