Phil Pritchard, the guy in white gloves who handles the Cup and probably has the best job in the world (seriously!), was interviewed on NHL Home Ice (SiriusXM) yesterday and discussed some upcoming events. From memory...
- The Cup is in Las Vegas right now for the NHL awards.
- It will then go back to LA for about a week. There are a lot of sponsor events during that week where sponsors are entitled to have a cup for their corporate events.
- Luc Robitaille has a hand in on the planning.
- The NHL is forming a list of all players/coaches/management who will be entitled to have the cup for a day.
- Travel arrangements this year should be easier than most years because only two countries other than Canada or the US need to be visited (i.e., Anze Kopitar from Jesenice, Slovenia, and Andrei Loktionov from Voskresensk, Russia, and Slava Voynov from Chelyabinsk, Russia).
- The team captain (Brown) and selected management persons (Luc if i recall) will be allowed to have the cup for two days - everyone else gets it for one day.