Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Stanley Cups from Non-Original 6 Teams

  1. #11
    It's all good man Bogey's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    28,102
    Liked
    3540 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2383 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
    I'm still waiting for my Chicago Cubbies to win in my lifetime (106 years and counting)...
    You're 106 years old?

    No wonder your memory sucks.

    Congrats!

  2. #12
    2nd Scoring Line slvrnblk's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    317
    Liked
    31 times
    Karma
    402250000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    A lot of those are pre-salary cap where you could almost buy a winning team.

  3. #13
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    31,173
    Liked
    1321 times
    Karma
    1351238
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Marshall View Post

    Now, all these people are "fans." Ummm where were you guys when they SUCKED? For decades? Oh well, I'd love to see them win another Cup in the next couple of years. That'd be great…..

    Great post, Hip!
    Thats what makes it sweet though...when I see other LGKers and long time fans like you and I- these championships actually mean something. For the bandwagoner it means a hat and tshirt....for us it means a whole hell of a lot more.

    Ill give an example, had a friend who was a king fan but living in OC like myself, switched over to the Ducks. So tell me....do those wins feel as good to him as our wins do to us? For us long time die hards...there is no better feeling.

    Im a huge NFL fan as well, but since LA has no team I generally have a few teams I like, and more that I hate( see Raiders, Oakland). Even if I was a fan of Seattle for instance, but had no city ties to Seattle or never saw a game live in their home stadium.....that feeling of them winning the Super Bowl means nothing. But to the long time seahawks fan who watched Dave Zorn and Curt Warner and Steve Largent...the Super Bowl meant a whole lot more than the bandwagoner who could care less because up until then, they always sucked.

    Its a small pittance compared to the Kings championships when I look back and think of going to the Presidents Day games held at the Forum where Kristich, Tsyplakov, and Yachmenev was our top line and hanging out with you specifically in Vegas or the Game Watches wed meet at. Weve still got a good 2-3 year window and given Lombardis penchant for box filling....maybe longer depending on draft picks and cap mgmt. Just funny to think that we have as many cups now as the Legendary Avs teams.....pinch me.
    What sets him apart is that he’s big, and he can skate, and he can protect the puck from anyone. If you’re trying to get it and he doesn’t want you to get, you’re not going to. -Justin Williams on Kopitar

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  4. #14
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,970
    Liked
    7042 times
    Karma
    187136334
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1118 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Thats what makes it sweet though...when I see other LGKers and long time fans like you and I- these championships actually mean something. For the bandwagoner it means a hat and tshirt....for us it means a whole hell of a lot more.

    Ill give an example, had a friend who was a king fan but living in OC like myself, switched over to the Ducks. So tell me....do those wins feel as good to him as our wins do to us? For us long time die hards...there is no better feeling.

    Im a huge NFL fan as well, but since LA has no team I generally have a few teams I like, and more that I hate( see Raiders, Oakland). Even if I was a fan of Seattle for instance, but had no city ties to Seattle or never saw a game live in their home stadium.....that feeling of them winning the Super Bowl means nothing. But to the long time seahawks fan who watched Dave Zorn and Curt Warner and Steve Largent...the Super Bowl meant a whole lot more than the bandwagoner who could care less because up until then, they always sucked.

    Its a small pittance compared to the Kings championships when I look back and think of going to the Presidents Day games held at the Forum where Kristich, Tsyplakov, and Yachmenev was our top line and hanging out with you specifically in Vegas or the Game Watches wed meet at. Weve still got a good 2-3 year window and given Lombardis penchant for box filling....maybe longer depending on draft picks and cap mgmt. Just funny to think that we have as many cups now as the Legendary Avs teams.....pinch me.
    Never underestimate the power of the young to enjoy something. It might not have meant as much when it happened, but it will undoubtably mean more to them longer than us old farts.
    mugs and LetTigerIn like this.

  5. #15
    It's all good man Bogey's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    28,102
    Liked
    3540 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2383 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrnblk View Post
    A lot of those are pre-salary cap where you could almost buy a winning team.
    Were the NYI bought?
    No

    Edmonton?
    All kids

    Pittsburgh?
    Nope

    Colorado?
    Just a little

    NJ?
    Philadelphia?
    Nah

    Trying to buy a winning team hasn't really worked in the NHL.
    C. Marshall, CUP4LA and TR like this.

  6. #16
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,970
    Liked
    7042 times
    Karma
    187136334
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1118 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
    Were the NYI bought?
    No

    Edmonton?
    All kids

    Pittsburgh?
    Nope

    Colorado?
    Just a little

    NJ?
    Philadelphia?
    Nah

    Trying to buy a winning team hasn't really worked in the NHL.
    Or you go the Detroit model where you buy the winning team on discounts!

  7. #17
    Defensive forward kings022's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    569 times
    Karma
    2155688
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Edmonton Oilers 5
    NY Isles 4
    Pitt Penguins 3
    New Jersey Devils 3
    LA KINGS 2
    Colorado Avalanche 2
    Philadelphia Flyers 2
    Calgary Flames 1
    Tampa Bay Lightning 1
    Dallas Stars 1
    Carolina Hurricane 1
    The other so cal team 1
    We're almost 50 years into the expansion era, and I think it's not really fair to exclude the "original 6" completely. Here's the list revised with only original 6 wins since the first expansion team won (Flyers, '74).

    Montreal Canadiens 6
    Edmonton Oilers 5
    NY Isles 4
    Detroit Red Wings 4
    Pitt Penguins 3
    New Jersey Devils 3
    LA KINGS 2
    Colorado Avalanche 2
    Philadelphia Flyers 2
    Chicago Blackhawks 2
    Boston Bruins 1
    Calgary Flames 1
    Tampa Bay Lightning 1
    Dallas Stars 1
    Carolina Hurricane 1
    NY Rangers 1
    Quacks 1

    I'd like to see the Kings catch the Red Wings in expansion era wins, especially since they've won recently (and all 4 in the last 20 years).
    LetTigerIn likes this.

  8. #18
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,702
    Liked
    437 times
    Karma
    19000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

    Default

    Colorado would only have one if the league didn't decide Borque was so in need of a cup that he could take pucks out of the middle of the net at will
    gokor84 likes this.

  9. #19
    Want Cup zebehm's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,148
    Liked
    241 times
    Karma
    4262013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd like to see Toronto surpass the Cubs in longest championship drought. Of course, the Cubs would have to win one first but they can wait 20-30 more years to set the bar for the Maple Leafs, I wouldn't mind.

  10. #20
    2nd Scoring Line Kerfuffle's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    504
    Liked
    141 times
    Karma
    1149084
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    567 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zebehm View Post
    I'd like to see Toronto surpass the Cubs in longest championship drought. Of course, the Cubs would have to win one first but they can wait 20-30 more years to set the bar for the Maple Leafs, I wouldn't mind.
    If the Cubs won it all this October , it would take 60 more years of futility for the Toronto Maple Leafs to surpass them. I won't be here anymore, I'm guessing most others here won't either. Bottom line - the Cubs record will never be broken.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65