Click Here!
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 616
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: Jonathan Bernier traded to Toronto, fights, pulls a Quick on a dump in.

  1. #541
    It's all good man Bogey's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25,883
    Liked
    4984 times
    Karma
    48105312
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1437 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhigs45 View Post
    Your right it was not a mistake. The kings could never trade Quick after winning us fans and kings out first cup. But I think Quick would have brought back more in a trade. And if Bernier turns out to be as good as many think he will be, the kings did not get fair value. If Quick would have brought back more in return to help the franchise in the long run, then trading Bernier instead of Quick could then be a mistake right?
    We'll never know what the return for Quick might have been so...

    Let's hope for a Kings/Toronto finals.
    SuperCalo2000 and Nyssa42 like this.

  2. #542
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,764
    Liked
    1842 times
    Karma
    1153900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    465 Post(s)

    Default

    Reimer is a UFA at the end of the season. I wonder if TOR looks to deal him before the trade deadline. Edmonton could really use a starting goalie.

  3. #543
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,596
    Liked
    818 times
    Karma
    1066200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhigs45 View Post
    Your right it was not a mistake. The kings could never trade Quick after winning us fans and kings out first cup. But I think Quick would have brought back more in a trade. And if Bernier turns out to be as good as many think he will be, the kings did not get fair value. If Quick would have brought back more in return to help the franchise in the long run, then trading Bernier instead of Quick could then be a mistake right?
    You're absolutely right. Trading Quick could have helped the team finally get the missing pieces and finally challenge for the Stanley Cup. Oh what could have been.

  4. #544
    Team LGK bhigs45's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    174 times
    Karma
    1627358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    You're absolutely right. Trading Quick could have helped the team finally get the missing pieces and finally challenge for the Stanley Cup. Oh what could have been.
    I can remember like it was yesterday when they won the cup, but to say the kings don't have holes, and winning one cup is good enough is just being ignorant. But we are all intitled to our opinions.

  5. #545
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,596
    Liked
    818 times
    Karma
    1066200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes, but some opinions are more based in reality and adhere to things like reason and logic.

  6. #546
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,489
    Liked
    8462 times
    Karma
    650608941
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1411 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhigs45 View Post
    I can remember like it was yesterday when they won the cup, but to say the kings don't have holes, and winning one cup is good enough is just being ignorant. But we are all intitled to our opinions.
    You are, of course, entitled to hold onto this opinion. However, Lombardi thought otherwise and made the best trade available. DL obviously believes he has the horses for another run at the Cup.

  7. #547
    All Star shoot2scor's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,916
    Liked
    367 times
    Karma
    1060151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

    Default Jonathan Bernier traded to Toronto, then gets in fight!

    Quite honestly it is a very interesting discussion. Quick would have brought a very good return. You have to think either a top line forward or top 2 defender plus....

    Bernier definitely has the tools to be a number one and have a very successful career. He may very well be capable if winning a cup with the right team in front of him, and was drafted by the Kings to be that guy. His return was not near as good because he isn't proven as a number 1.

    Look at Chicago, they lose Niemi the year after winning the cup and win the cup with a guy that was being pushed out of town by a lot of Hawks fans the year before.

    Time will tell the story on this but I don't think it was a mistake or ever on the Kings mind to trade Quick. I am a huge Quick fan and after suffering for decades with below average goaltending the Kings have a top goaltender in the league. It's hard to trade a franchise guy like Quick. I believe in the guy, and think he is capable of another cup.

  8. #548
    Hell yes. UnholyGoalie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,596
    Liked
    818 times
    Karma
    1066200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoot2scor View Post
    Look at Chicago, they lose Niemi the year after winning the cup and win the cup with a guy that was being pushed out of town by a lot of Hawks fans the year before.
    That's the only time in recent memory that I can remember a team letting go of a goalie the year after they won the cup. However, if my memory serves, 1) it was arbitration that Chicago chose to not agree to, thus Niemi became a free agent and signed with SJ. 2) Niemi was a rookie that came in relief for Huet and didn't play the whole season, therefore Chicago was hesitant to commit so much money to a rookie goalie they still didn't know could be more than a flash in the pan.

    I think Bernier is a very good goalie and I wish him the best in Toronto. I just don't really see the logic in trading Quick with the hopes that Bernier becomes, well, the next Jonathan Quick.

  9. #549
    RANGZ aaron's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    4,008
    Liked
    737 times
    Karma
    2090754
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)

    Default

    It's called the Osgood theory of playoff goaltending. Get the best team and a cheap competent goalie.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    Yes, but some opinions are more based in reality and adhere to things like statistics.
    hmmmm

    but seriously, all the best to Bernier. He paid his dues, and hope he runs with his shot. We'll see how he stands up to the heat when things aren't going great.

  10. #550
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,742
    Liked
    6831 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

    Default

    really? we're beating what ****ing horse here?

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84