Click Here!
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 171
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Kovalchuk announces retirement

  1. #151
    Myopic Riofan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,180
    Liked
    308 times
    Karma
    1005630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STUPS View Post
    Hahahaha ha
    So Kovy take the front loaded part of his contract and takes off.... I mean retires
    That's not accurate. He got paid less than his cap hit of $6,666,667. His contract wasn't front loaded in the first couple of years.

    For the life of me I can't understand why Lou Lamoriello didn't forfeit the 29th pick in the 2012 draft.

    It's the TB Lighting that should feel bad for having to spend $32M on the Lecavalier buyout only to see him sign in Philly.

  2. #152
    jt
    jt is offline
    Bartender on Dry Island jt's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    16,427
    Liked
    847 times
    Karma
    1019700
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riofan View Post
    That's not accurate. He got paid less than his cap hit of $6,666,667. His contract wasn't front loaded in the first couple of years.
    $6M year 1.
    $6M year 2.
    $11M year 3.

    KHL year 4+.

  3. #153
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    158 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
    I see the loss of the first rounder next year, especially now that it very possibly is going to be a lottery pick as being the most damaging thing to that franchise.
    Who has their pick?

  4. #154
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    Who has their pick?
    The NHL. They had to give it up per the first attempt of a contract.

  5. #155
    Leaners FTL. Cup4TheKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    675
    Liked
    152 times
    Karma
    1070600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Devils' Martin Brodeur: It will be tough to make playoffs without Ilya Kovalchuk | NJ.com

    conclusional headline: "LA Kings defeat NJ Devils, Force Kovalchuk and Brodeur to Retire"

  6. #156
    Leaners FTL. Cup4TheKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    675
    Liked
    152 times
    Karma
    1070600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    Michelle Kenneth, InsideHockey.com (7/12/13)


    I read the article. Basically what this amounts to is a 'reverse brain drain'. That's where all the best <players/scientists/engineers/etc> defect BACK to their old, corrupt, totalitarian country, in the name of nationalism and Mother Russia. Whereas a regular brain drain is when those people defect to a country like ours which allows people like them to function.

    I say, "LET 'EM GO"

  7. #157
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    158 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cup4TheKings View Post
    I read the article. Basically what this amounts to is a 'reverse brain drain'. That's where all the best <players/scientists/engineers/etc> defect BACK to their old, corrupt, totalitarian country, in the name of nationalism and Mother Russia. Whereas a regular brain drain is when those people defect to a country like ours which allows people like them to function.

    I say, "LET 'EM GO"
    See David Beckham and LA Galaxy.
    David Beckham Departs MLS After Earning $255 Million - Forbes

  8. #158
    1st Scoring Line AngelEyes's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,315
    Liked
    169 times
    Karma
    1020400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Default

    Okay, if this is true, then I begin to suspect more and more that Lamoriello was involved in the decision by Kovalchuk to jump ship. From this article:

    Ilya Kovalchuk agrees to four-year contract in KHL; already planning NHL return? - SBNation.com

    "A foreign language report with his sister Arina apparently includes a quote stating that he will return to North America in three years."

    Of course, there could be all kinds of problems with this sentence, anything from a poor translation to a complete fabrication by some scumbag reporter. But still, there's an odour to this whole thing; I don't think we're getting the full skinny.

  9. #159
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    158 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Okay, if this is true, then I begin to suspect more and more that Lamoriello was involved in the decision by Kovalchuk to jump ship. From this article:

    Ilya Kovalchuk agrees to four-year contract in KHL; already planning NHL return? - SBNation.com

    A foreign language report with his sister Arina apparently includes a quote stating that he will return to North America in three years.

    Of course, there could be all kinds of problems with this sentence, anything from a poor translation to a complete fabrication by some scumbag reporter. But still, there's an odour to this whole thing; I don't think we're getting the fully skinny.
    bingo

  10. #160
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,710
    Liked
    6803 times
    Karma
    389482462
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    677 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Okay, if this is true, then I begin to suspect more and more that Lamoriello was involved in the decision by Kovalchuk to jump ship. From this article:

    Ilya Kovalchuk agrees to four-year contract in KHL; already planning NHL return? - SBNation.com

    "A foreign language report with his sister Arina apparently includes a quote stating that he will return to North America in three years."

    Of course, there could be all kinds of problems with this sentence, anything from a poor translation to a complete fabrication by some scumbag reporter. But still, there's an odour to this whole thing; I don't think we're getting the full skinny.
    What exactly in that article makes you think Lou is masterplanning anything? It's pretty Illya centric.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28