Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: NYR Brad Richards to be bought out

  1. #11
    Bring the Reign




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,751
    Liked
    124 times
    Karma
    1124000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
    He gets $21M in free money over 12 years - that's a nice payday to not play.

    Y! SPORTS
    Seriously. I'd retire. But I'm lazy.
    Henry1515 and Troyvsc like this.

  2. #12
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,145
    Liked
    678 times
    Karma
    1082137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Default

    he could be a real value pick-up for a team.
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

  3. #13
    Super Sexy Birdman's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    15,148
    Liked
    2296 times
    Karma
    2000055000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    he could be a real value pick-up for a team.
    I don't agree. He's done. He should just go play on his boat.

    Look how well it panned out for Philly with Vinny.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

    ---gescom

  4. #14
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,145
    Liked
    678 times
    Karma
    1082137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I don't agree. He's done. He should just go play on his boat.

    Look how well it panned out for Philly with Vinny.
    done? that's overstated. if his contract wasn't such a future anchor, the Rangers would not have bought him out. He's still an effective player but simply can't shoulder the minutes and responsibility of a first line center. He could be dangerous if slotted in behind Toews or Getzlaf.

    He'll likely be a consolation prize for a team that misses out on Kesler, Thornton, or Spezza.
    Henry1515 and Kubrick like this.
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

  5. #15
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,842
    Liked
    6842 times
    Karma
    1153942982
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)

    Default

    Personally I'd love to see him go to Chicago

  6. #16
    does the little things dicenerd's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    982
    Liked
    135 times
    Karma
    1070000
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
    He gets $21M in free money over 12 years - that's a nice payday to not play.

    Y! SPORTS
    He should go hang with Yashin.

  7. #17
    Super Sexy Birdman's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    15,148
    Liked
    2296 times
    Karma
    2000055000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    done? that's overstated. if his contract wasn't such a future anchor, the Rangers would not have bought him out. He's still an effective player but simply can't shoulder the minutes and responsibility of a first line center. He could be dangerous if slotted in behind Toews or Getzlaf.

    He'll likely be a consolation prize for a team that misses out on Kesler, Thornton, or Spezza.
    You watch what he signs for. My bet is that somebody is going to be dumb enough to pay him $4M per for 3 to 5 years, and then its Vinnie all over again and they are buying him out the following summer or begging him to retire.
    Puckrobber likes this.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

    ---gescom

  8. #18
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,145
    Liked
    678 times
    Karma
    1082137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    You watch what he signs for. My bet is that somebody is going to be dumb enough to pay him $4M per for 3 to 5 years, and then its Vinnie all over again and they are buying him out the following summer or begging him to retire.
    now you're making a different point. He's a valuable player but that won't necessarily stop a team from signing him to a contract for a role he can't fulfill. However, on the right team in the right role, the guy can excel.
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

  9. #19
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,076
    Liked
    1282 times
    Karma
    1244154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    627 Post(s)

    Default

    I think he signs for one year in Anaheim.

  10. #20
    Super Sexy Birdman's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    15,148
    Liked
    2296 times
    Karma
    2000055000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    I think he signs for one year in Anaheim.
    Only if they miss out on Spezza & Kesler, and that would be a pipe dream for us.

    What do we have to do to make this happen?
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

    ---gescom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66