Top 10 Players Most Likely To Be Traded
I was thinking about this the other day and thought I should write it down - so here it is...maybe I'll update as the weeks go by.
10. Andrej Meszaros (PHI) - just a hunch, but with the signing of Hal Gill they may move a pending UFA to upgrade somewhere else. Signed for $4M for this year.
PHI might be looking for an upgrade in goal or could move for prospects/picks if they get off to a slow start.
9. Alec Martinez (LAK) - too many d-men and not enough spots. $1.1M for this year and next.
LAK could use Martinez as part of a package for an established scorer (Cammalleri?)
8. Louis Leblac (MTL) - sent back to minors and not happy about it. quite a few guys ahead of him. $1.17 for this year and then RFA.
MTL could move in a change of scenery type deal for a bigger forward.
7. John Michael Liles (TOR) - already sent to AHL but could be dealt to a team needing a puck mover if TOR eats a little salary. $3.875 for this year and two more.
TOR already heavy at D, still looking for a difference maker at center.
6. Brian Elliott (STL) - Halak is the preferred starter there and they need to make room for Allen. $1.8M left on deal
STL pretty stacked at this point, but maybe for picks to give some cap relief for another deal.
5. Jonas Hiller (ANA) - one year left and Fasth is clearly the preferred guy. owed $4.5 for this year and then UFA
ANA could use a d-man and even a forward if Penner doesn't get out of the doghouse.
4. Mike Cammalleri (CGY) - last year of his deal at $6. he will go somewhere at the deadline. could be interested with Richards/Carter?
CGY will look to get younger and would love a potential top-6 center.
3. Paul Stastny (COL) - already too many centers in Colorado and they won't play MacKinnon on 4th line for very long. $6.6 in last year of deal.
COL could use an upgrade on Defense
2. Ryan Miller (BUF) - last year of his deal and there should be a market for a starting goalie. owed $6.25 this year and then UFA
BUF also covets a true #1 center.
1. Tomas Vanek (BUF) - last year of his deal and they aren't going anywhere. owed $7.14+ this year and then UFA
BUF already lost Leino and could decide to mail it in and build through the draft. Could be most active team in dealing players and acquiring assets and picks.