- 1 Post By jccawdrey
- 2 Post By adgy-san
October 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM #1
Top 10 Players Most Likely To Be Traded
I was thinking about this the other day and thought I should write it down - so here it is...maybe I'll update as the weeks go by.
10. Andrej Meszaros (PHI) - just a hunch, but with the signing of Hal Gill they may move a pending UFA to upgrade somewhere else. Signed for $4M for this year.
PHI might be looking for an upgrade in goal or could move for prospects/picks if they get off to a slow start.
9. Alec Martinez (LAK) - too many d-men and not enough spots. $1.1M for this year and next.
LAK could use Martinez as part of a package for an established scorer (Cammalleri?)
8. Louis Leblac (MTL) - sent back to minors and not happy about it. quite a few guys ahead of him. $1.17 for this year and then RFA.
MTL could move in a change of scenery type deal for a bigger forward.
7. John Michael Liles (TOR) - already sent to AHL but could be dealt to a team needing a puck mover if TOR eats a little salary. $3.875 for this year and two more.
TOR already heavy at D, still looking for a difference maker at center.
6. Brian Elliott (STL) - Halak is the preferred starter there and they need to make room for Allen. $1.8M left on deal
STL pretty stacked at this point, but maybe for picks to give some cap relief for another deal.
5. Jonas Hiller (ANA) - one year left and Fasth is clearly the preferred guy. owed $4.5 for this year and then UFA
ANA could use a d-man and even a forward if Penner doesn't get out of the doghouse.
4. Mike Cammalleri (CGY) - last year of his deal at $6. he will go somewhere at the deadline. could be interested with Richards/Carter?
CGY will look to get younger and would love a potential top-6 center.
3. Paul Stastny (COL) - already too many centers in Colorado and they won't play MacKinnon on 4th line for very long. $6.6 in last year of deal.
COL could use an upgrade on Defense
2. Ryan Miller (BUF) - last year of his deal and there should be a market for a starting goalie. owed $6.25 this year and then UFA
BUF also covets a true #1 center.
1. Tomas Vanek (BUF) - last year of his deal and they aren't going anywhere. owed $7.14+ this year and then UFA
BUF already lost Leino and could decide to mail it in and build through the draft. Could be most active team in dealing players and acquiring assets and picks.
Last edited by gretzky99; October 4th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
October 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM #2
October 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM #3
someone has to play goal for Vancouver - and he looked pretty good last night until they hung him out to dry late.
Originally Posted by jammer06
October 4th, 2013, 01:10 PM #4
Sorry, but we don't want Cammy back in our dressing room. Has a bad attitude and thinks very highly of himself. And he isn't worth the 6 mil he thinks he is. Again, no bobbylou as I am agreeing with jammer06
October 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM #5
I agree that we don't want Cammy back but I really doubt it's because he has a bad attitude. I've yet to see any real evidence to support that claim. I think that's just one of those LGK myths that developed just because he was asking for a big raise.
Originally Posted by jccawdrey
He's a really small guy who can't play physical and doesn't play D. That's not Kings hockey. He doesn't fit into the type of game the Kings play. He'll never be a King again.
October 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM #6
Totally agree with your first point, but not so much the latter. Imagine the damage that line would do with Richards centering Carter and Cammalleri. Two world class snipers with the grit and dishing ability of Richards? Who wouldn't want that?
Originally Posted by EB924
October 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM #7
October 6th, 2013, 12:19 AM #8
go ask Montreal fans how they feel about what he said. he was, is, and always will be a "me first" player.
Originally Posted by EB924