Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66
  1. #41
    All Star Dana's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,229
    Liked
    471 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

    Default

    Such a sad story. RIP to those in the accident today.

  2. #42
    Oh snap....it's the Fuzz! SloMo26's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,470
    Liked
    475 times
    Karma
    1380700
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes thoughts and prayers to all involved. If the news is correct and the driver did have a prior DUI conviction, he will most likely charged with multiple counts of murder.
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

  3. #43
    1st Scoring Line keyTOarson's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,824
    Liked
    66 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo26 View Post
    Yes thoughts and prayers to all involved. If the news is correct and the driver did have a prior DUI conviction, he will most likely charged with multiple counts of murder.
    What do you think his sentence will be? Can he be given the death penalty?

  4. #44
    1st Scoring Line pb2k's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,764
    Liked
    242 times
    Karma
    1021400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

    Default

    “If I may speak for every member of the Dodger organization, our heartfelt and deepest sympathies to the mother and family of Nick Adenhart, and to every member in the Angels organization, for the untimely accident and death of young Nick last night at the tender age of twenty-two. Nick, from Maryland, had pitched six scoreless innings and was in a car with three friends, and a driver apparently went through a red light and T-boned the car, killing three of the four, including Nick, and one other member is in critical condition. And if there is one thing I’ve learned in all my years — and I haven’t learned much — but the one thing I’ve learned: Don’t even waste your time trying to figure out life. Ground ball through for Andre Ethier, and life continues for those who still have it. And with a leadoff single, Russell Martin will be coming up. But I would say, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to take a moment and say a prayer in memory for Nick, especially for his parents. What a shock to lose a twenty-two-year-old. Andre Ethier at first base, Russell Martin the batter, James Loney on deck, and the Dodgers try to strike in the second inning against Kevin Correia.”

    — — Vin Scully, as only Vin Scully can be, simple baseball poetry. Transcribed from today’s Dodgers-Padres telecast.

    Vin from today's Dodger game.

  5. #45
    Oh snap....it's the Fuzz! SloMo26's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,470
    Liked
    475 times
    Karma
    1380700
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keyTOarson View Post
    What do you think his sentence will be? Can he be given the death penalty?
    Not likely since there are no special circumstances involved.

    Make no mistake though, this is not an open and shut case especially if this guy or his parents have money. Most likely if he has money they will plead out to gross vehicular manslaughter. It all depends on the DA too. Since this will be a high profile case they might not offer a deal.........time will tell.....
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

  6. #46
    Vishi05
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo26 View Post
    Not likely since there are no special circumstances involved.

    Make no mistake though, this is not an open and shut case especially if this guy or his parents have money. Most likely if he has money they will plead out to gross vehicular manslaughter. It all depends on the DA too. Since this will be a high profile case they might not offer a deal.........time will tell.....
    You would think it would be pretty cut and dry that he was drunk, driving on a suspended license due to a prior DUI, he ran a red light and smashed into a car and then fled the scene.

    I say life in prison should suffice... and not the white collar prison but the federal pound you in the ass prison.

  7. #47
    TONGA
    Guest

    Default

    Have I mentioned I love Vin Scully?

  8. #48
    All Star Dana's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,229
    Liked
    471 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONGA View Post
    Have I mentioned I love Vin Scully?
    Who doesn't love Vin Scully?

  9. #49
    Oh snap....it's the Fuzz! SloMo26's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,470
    Liked
    475 times
    Karma
    1380700
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishi05 View Post
    You would think it would be pretty cut and dry that he was drunk, driving on a suspended license due to a prior DUI, he ran a red light and smashed into a car and then fled the scene.

    I say life in prison should suffice... and not the white collar prison but the federal pound you in the ass prison.
    One would think that but that is why the hotshot DUI lawyers charge top dollar. They can, have and will continue to get people off even after providing a blood sample > .08%. In a preliminary hearing in one of my many DUI arrests, the public defender was able to sway the judge into thinking that I did not see her client driving with her headlights off. Basically saying I had no probable cause to stop her, thus it was an illegal detention and an illegal arrest. Of course that was an outright lie but the DA could not prove otherwise that I was not lying. Because of this the case was dismissed. The driver was very drunk and provided a > .08% blood sample but none the less the case was dismissed.

    All in all, I would say if he is convicted he will most likely receive 10-15 years.
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

  10. #50
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,604
    Liked
    5005 times
    Karma
    2147468698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1384 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo26 View Post
    One would think that but that is why the hotshot DUI lawyers charge top dollar. They can, have and will continue to get people off even after providing a blood sample > .08%. In a preliminary hearing in one of my many DUI arrests, the public defender was able to sway the judge into thinking that I did not see her client driving with her headlights off. Basically saying I had no probable cause to stop her, thus it was an illegal detention and an illegal arrest. Of course that was an outright lie but the DA could not prove otherwise that I was not lying. Because of this the case was dismissed. The driver was very drunk and provided a > .08% blood sample but none the less the case was dismissed.

    All in all, I would say if he is convicted he will most likely receive 10-15 years.
    Thanks SloMo for the details. 10-15 years though, that's amateur stuff for a douche bag like him. =\
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28