Click Here!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Cubs will you please get the fudge out

  1. #11
    1st Scoring Line CarriedBySix's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    9 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCORES View Post
    You must spread some Karma around before giving it to BIG JOE again
    Really dude?

    I don't like the cubs one bit, but I though that was horrible.

  2. #12
    hokyfann
    Guest

    Default

    haaaaaa here we go again....Gomer

  3. #13
    hokyfann
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG JOE View Post
    haaaaaa Priceless this guy keeps showing up....This guys great great grandkids are gonna kill themselves for these blood lines.haaaa

  4. #14
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,992
    Liked
    61 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBrown33 View Post
    The better team won.




    For the second year in a row D Lee and DeRosa were the only hitters to show up and the starting pitching went to ****. This team is never going to win with Soriano, Ramirez and Soto hitting a combined .139 and .094. If they are going to disappear every post season they might as well trade them. Edmonds sucks. They need a legit CF desperately and hopefully Fukudome recovers from his terrible second half.

  5. #15
    changing the game TBrown33's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,014
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    For the second year in a row D Lee and DeRosa were the only hitters to show up and the starting pitching went to ****. This team is never going to win with Soriano, Ramirez and Soto hitting a combined .139 and .094. If they are going to disappear every post season they might as well trade them. Edmonds sucks. They need a legit CF desperately and hopefully Fukudome recovers from his terrible second half.
    So...you agree with me.

  6. #16
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,992
    Liked
    61 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBrown33 View Post
    So...you agree with me.
    Depends on what you mean. I'd say the team that won 97 games in a division the Dodgers would have finished in 5th place is the better team. Unless one or both teams make major moves in the off season the Cubs will win more games than the Dodgers again next year. In this particular series, yes, the Dodgers were the better team. I guess in the end that's all that matters.

  7. #17
    Pumping Chicks Dave's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,122
    Liked
    175 times
    Karma
    1010300
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    The whole series was a huge suck fest for the Cubs. It was embarrassing.

    My cousin-in-law is from Chicago and a huge Cubs fan. He has "CUBSWIN" on his license plate. I was watching the game with him on Saturday and he said the "curse" is the stupidest thing he's ever heard. He said until they get players that don't choke and deal with the pressure in the playoffs, they will always lose.

    He hates the White Sox. He said they don't matter. Just like the Angels. I told him I agree. F' the Angels!

  8. #18
    Life is a highway ImA1032's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,703
    Liked
    60 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG JOE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hokyfann View Post
    haaaaaa Priceless this guy keeps showing up....This guys great great grandkids are gonna kill themselves for these blood lines.haaaa
    I don't think his great-grandkids have anything to worry about... that would require him finding someone who would not only have sex with him, but also give birth to his spawn.

    Add to that the necessity of his kids and then grandkids not doing it first.

    Bartman has no hope of great-grandkids.

  9. #19
    changing the game TBrown33's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,014
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    Depends on what you mean. I'd say the team that won 97 games in a division the Dodgers would have finished in 5th place is the better team. Unless one or both teams make major moves in the off season the Cubs will win more games than the Dodgers again next year. In this particular series, yes, the Dodgers were the better team. I guess in the end that's all that matters.
    What matters is that the Dodger team that compiled their 84 win season is nowhere near the team we have now. Of the two teams, the Dodgers had the best hitter (Manny Ramirez) and an extremely competitive top to bottom lineup (mind you, the "team" that won only 84 games didn't have Furcal or Ramirez for much of the season [or Casey Blake, either, I guess] and had Juan Pierre and Andruw Jones losing games for us). Arguably, this lineup now (the Dodgers didn't even have to use their tremendously deep bench) is better than the Cubs' lineup. Scratch that. This lineup destroyed the Cubs' three best starters, no "arguably" necessary.

    One constant the Dodgers had this season was pitching, the best in the league. And it was clearly the best between the two teams, too.

    I mean...we beat Dempster and Zambrano in Wrigley. Then we beat Harden in Dodger Stadium.

    This was no flukey, come from behind squeeker of an upset or anything. This was an absolute dismantling of the other team.

    Aside from Daryle Ward (funny), the Cubs were universally bad. Cubs were bad. Dodgers were good. Better team won. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish." etc. etc.

    Would a seven game series have been more fair or still no? Because that would just mean the Dodgers would be up 3-0 going into game 4 at Dodger stadium...
    Last edited by TBrown33; October 6th, 2008 at 04:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28