Click Here!
Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1037

Thread: Dodgers off season thread (merged)

  1. #31
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSeren View Post
    how about Pedro Cerrano? Jobu will help with the young players!
    Give me Billy Heywood. He led a rag tag group that was the Minnesota Twins on an epic comeback and almost beat out a stacked Mariners team to the playoffs.

    Not to mention he was fricking 12 years old at the time.

  2. #32
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Single A hitting instructor to Major League manager might be a bit of a stretch. Yea, he's coached in and around our system but seriously are we just pulling names out of our asses right now?

    Kevin Kennedy, Steve Yeager?
    What's your beef with Kevin Kennedy?

  3. #33
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    What's your beef with Kevin Kennedy?
    No beef but what makes him qualified for an MLB job?

    Your basis for him being a good manager is a book he wrote. Cause that's not bias or anything. I've yet to see a good reason for him being qualified to manage.

    I've never heard any Red Sox fan say, "man we should have never fired that Kevin Kennedy guy".

    So in Texas he was fired because of politcs? It had nothing to do with the fact that the team 52-62 and time of his firing?

  4. #34
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    No beef but what makes him qualified for an MLB job?

    Your basis for him being a good manager is a book he wrote. Cause that's not bias or anything. I've yet to see a good reason for him being qualified to manage.

    I've never heard any Red Sox fan say, "man we should have never fired that Kevin Kennedy guy".

    So in Texas he was fired because of politcs? It had nothing to do with the fact that the team 52-62 and time of his firing?
    LMFAO, so you're telling me that you speak to Red Sox fans regularly enough that they tell you about the managers that they miss? come on...

    If you want, I can pull excerpts from the book and let you know exactly why he was fired from each team. Nevertheless, he was a big league manager for two different teams. Each of his manager positions were during some transition periods for the teams which had at least something to do with his being let go.

    I'll have to go back and read the chapters about his being let go from Boston and Texas but I do remember it wasn't simply that the team was losing so he was let go.

  5. #35
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Well, of course in his book he's not going to admit that he was at fault.

    Come on now. Biased source much?

  6. #36
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbruin152 View Post
    Well, of course in his book he's not going to admit that he was at fault.

    Come on now. Biased source much?
    Jesus, I didn't quote it as gospel but from reading the book, I obviously know a little more about the situation that the rest of ya...

    By the way, he took Boston to their first playoff appearance in 5 years in 1995.

  7. #37
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Jesus, I didn't quote it as gospel but from reading the book, I obviously know a little more about the situation that the rest of ya...

    By the way, he took Boston to their first playoff appearance in 5 years in 1995.
    I never said I knew the situation. I don't.

    All I'm saying is of course a guy isn't going to blame himself in his own book. It's a questionable source of information for several reasons.

  8. #38
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbruin152 View Post
    I never said I knew the situation. I don't.

    All I'm saying is of course a guy isn't going to blame himself in his own book. It's a questionable source of information for several reasons.
    So do you have an opinion on Kevin Kennedy being manager or were you only pointing out my questionable source of information?

  9. #39
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Jesus, I didn't quote it as gospel but from reading the book, I obviously know a little more about the situation that the rest of ya...
    Yea, and the point we're trying to make is that the book is inherently biased. Of course it's not going to say, "yea I was fired because I had a team that was in first place at the time of the strike and the next year we were under .500"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingpurple
    By the way, he took Boston to their first playoff appearance in 5 years in 1995.
    Ok... and Jim Tracy led the Dodgers to their first playoff appearance in 8 years. Does that mean he shouldn't have been fired?

  10. #40
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    So do you have an opinion on Kevin Kennedy being manager or were you only pointing out my questionable source of information?
    Rather indifferent and it's a moot point considering Little is around for next year.

Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66