Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1037
  1. #461
    encinododgerfan
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbruin152 View Post
    Stop teasing me.

    Does that mean you like the idea of Crede and Hunter/Rowand, or you hate the idea?


  2. #462
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,352
    Liked
    48 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan View Post
    Does that mean you like the idea of Crede and Hunter/Rowand, or you hate the idea?

    Well, I'll tell you what, I like the idea of Pierre for Crede, simply because Crede has 1 yr left on his contract. As far as Rowand, well my loyalties lie with him because he's a former Titan and coming from the Titan program I can tell you he definately puts the team's best interest in front of his own stats.

  3. #463
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan View Post
    Does that mean you like the idea of Crede and Hunter/Rowand, or you hate the idea?

    I like the idea of Pierre gone. I'm not a huge Crede fan, and I would be okay with Rowand (but not thrilled). It's all relative.

  4. #464
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Baseball America chat wrap

    Jerry (Albany): Jim Jonathan Broxton and Andre Ethier for Adam Dunn- a good trade for both teams?

    SportsNation Jim Callis: Lots of trade questions, so I'll stick with these for a while. I like that more from LA's end. I'm not the biggest Ethier fan, and I don't think that's enough for a guy who's going to hit 40 HR and draw a bunch of walks.
    Ryan (PA): Hey Jim, what are your thoughts on the rumor that the Dodger might trade Kemp, LaRoche and Kershaw for Miggy? Miggy is a huge bat but dont you think that is to much to give up? Especially with Kershaw?

    SportsNation Jim Callis: I wouldn't do that from LA's standpoint and I have a hard time seeing Frank McCourt signing off on giving up that much young talent and paying Cabrera. Play LaRoche at third base, don't dare let go of Kershaw and spend the Miggy money elsewhere.
    eff (LA): Kennedy or Billingsley?

    SportsNation Jim Callis: Billingsley.
    John (Dallas): Better season next year Loney or Kemp?

    SportsNation Jim Callis: Loney.
    greg (toronto): Kershaw or McGee (and why)? Snider or Laroche?

    SportsNation Jim Callis: Kershaw, slightly better stuff. Snider, gut feel that the bat will be better.
    Justin (NY): What current minor leaguer will win a Cy Young one day? You know somebody will.

    SportsNation Jim Callis: Kershaw.

  5. #465
    encinododgerfan
    Guest

    Default

    Anyone else see the Angels signing Torii Hunter as a precursor to them pulling the trigger on the Miguel Cabrera deal? Certainly allows them to part with an outfielder...perhaps Willits. Maybe even allow them to part with Kotchman and move someone like GA to first base??? Hmmm!

    It gives me the feeling the Dodgers lost some footing if they are really trying to get Miggy.

  6. #466
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,352
    Liked
    48 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan View Post
    Anyone else see the Angels signing Torii Hunter as a precursor to them pulling the trigger on the Miguel Cabrera deal? Certainly allows them to part with an outfielder...perhaps Willits. Maybe even allow them to part with Kotchman and move someone like GA to first base??? Hmmm!

    It gives me the feeling the Dodgers lost some footing if they are really trying to get Miggy.

    If the Dodgers don't make a trade with the Marlins then I'd be completely happy. But my guess is that the Marlins would still rather deal with the Dodgers because they prefer the Dodgers prospects to the Angels prospects.

  7. #467
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan View Post
    Perhaps then we could get Texas to take Pierre. Pierre, D.J. Houlton and Meloan might draw us Hank Blalock to play third. He's a free agent in 2009, so we could continue to develop LaRoche, and make the decision for 2009 later. LaRoche could also be moved to 2B and replace Kent in 2009. Of course, I only say that because of the Dodgers seeming reluctant to had the job to Andy.
    You seem like a knowledgable baseball poster Encino but nother in this paragraph makes much sense.

    I'm not a big Blalock fan, his numbers have been getting worse and while he showed some resurgance last season he got hurt again. No point in acquiring damaged goods. You say we can continue to let LaRoche develop. There's no reason for that, LaRoche is ready now. It's time to throw him in the deep end to see if he can sink or swim.

    As far as moving him to second, there's no chance of that happening. He's not a bad 3B but he's not a great one either. There's no way he can play 2B at the major league level. To give some perspective, the Rockies are thinking about switching top 3B prospect Ian Stewart to 2B. Stewart is considered very solid with the glove and most in baseball believe it'll be a tough switch for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan
    If Kent doesn't come back, I'd let Delwyn Young start at 2B and keep Abreu in reserve.
    I don't think Delwyn Young has played 2B in the last 2 years. The guy is basically a corner OF now. No chance of him playing second. The heir apparent as of now is Tony Abreu. I'm not as high on Abreu as I am some of our other prospects but I'm fine with him being our 2B of the future. No reason to move Young back to second at the expense of Abreu.

  8. #468
    encinododgerfan
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    You seem like a knowledgable baseball poster Encino but nother in this paragraph makes much sense.

    I'm not a big Blalock fan, his numbers have been getting worse and while he showed some resurgance last season he got hurt again. No point in acquiring damaged goods. You say we can continue to let LaRoche develop. There's no reason for that, LaRoche is ready now. It's time to throw him in the deep end to see if he can sink or swim.

    As far as moving him to second, there's no chance of that happening. He's not a bad 3B but he's not a great one either. There's no way he can play 2B at the major league level. To give some perspective, the Rockies are thinking about switching top 3B prospect Ian Stewart to 2B. Stewart is considered very solid with the glove and most in baseball believe it'll be a tough switch for him.


    I don't think Delwyn Young has played 2B in the last 2 years. The guy is basically a corner OF now. No chance of him playing second. The heir apparent as of now is Tony Abreu. I'm not as high on Abreu as I am some of our other prospects but I'm fine with him being our 2B of the future. No reason to move Young back to second at the expense of Abreu.
    You're right...that paragraph did ramble a bit. I was just thinking that Texas might be a taker for Peirre, especially if we throw in some pitching. Blalock would be something good to get back, especially considering the Dodgers reluctance to hand the everyday job to LaRoche. And he's only got one year left under contract, so It would give the Dodgers some opportunity to build confidence in LaRoche.

    As for moving Andy to 2B...I think I read somewhere that he was a natural 2B, but the Dodgers moved him to third when they drafted him. Just a thought.

    And you're right about D. Young. He's been in the outfield the last couple seasons, but the Dodgers still played him a couple games at 2B last season. It's his natural position and shouldn't be to hard to move him back there.

    I'm sure you're right about Abreu being the next 2B, but I'd rather see the Dodgers use Abreu as a trade chip...and they have some flexibility at 2B. The outfield is a bit crowded, and I'd hate to see Kemp, Ethier or Young gone.

  9. #469
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan View Post

    As for moving Andy to 2B...I think I read somewhere that he was a natural 2B, but the Dodgers moved him to third when they drafted him. Just a thought.
    Not sure where you read that. We drafted LaRoche as a SS and moved him to 3rd very quickly. I'm positive he has gotten bigger as he's progressed through the system. There's no way he could just switch to second seeing as he hasn't played it at all the last few years and he was never a "natural" 2B like you claim. It's not a position you can just pick up and learn in one spring training like 1B.

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan
    And you're right about D. Young. He's been in the outfield the last couple seasons, but the Dodgers still played him a couple games at 2B last season. It's his natural position and shouldn't be to hard to move him back there.
    Did they? I looked it up at every game he started in he was in the OF. They moved him off second for a reason, probably had to do with the fact he wasn't very good at 2nd. His bat has some pop in it, if he was even an average defender at 2nd they probably wouldn't have let them there. THe move to the OF tells me that he was pretty bad in the infield.

    Quote Originally Posted by encinododgerfan
    and I'd hate to see Kemp, Ethier or Young gone.
    I'm not at all worried about losing Young. Like I said above he seems to have some nice pop in his bat but he's 26 already and hasn't really made a major impact in the show. He could be a late bloomer but I don't really expect him to become a bonafide major league starter. And he's a corner OF not a hard position to fill. I wouldn't be too worried about losing him, he doesn't have much value anyways so he probably won't be traded.
    Last edited by ASUcruz; November 25th, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

  10. #470
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    FYI Delwyn Young did play 2B in two games for the Dodgers.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...nSusqARVGFCLcF

Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28