Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    2nd Scoring Line hypersonic19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    476
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crapola View Post
    I would think AEG would have something to offer as far as building a stadium near staples? I'm sure they would have to buy a lot of properties though so I don't know how possible that is.
    AEG wanted to build a football stadium 2 blocks east to Staples Center in 2002, but like I wrote in the first post, the L.A. city officials never supported it in favor of L.A. Coliseum.

    It definitely would've been built if city officials wern't stubborn on L.A. Coliseum.

    Would've caused major traffic in downtown L.A. though.

    NFL Stadium Plan Outlined - Los Angeles Times

  2. #12
    Don't Make Me Destroy You crapola's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    787
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    AEG wanted to build a football stadium 2 blocks east to Staples Center in 2002, but like I wrote in the first post, the L.A. city officials never supported it in favor of L.A. Coliseum.

    It definitely would've been built if city officials wern't stubborn on L.A. Coliseum.

    Would've caused major traffic in downtown L.A. though.

    NFL Stadium Plan Outlined - Los Angeles Times
    Cool, thanks for the link! I'd like to see this happen but it would be weird to see the Chargers in LA.

    I used to love the Rams but I can't root for a St. Louis team. Over the last 10 years I have grown to love the Chargers.

  3. #13
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    That shows how uneducated or dumb you are.
    Yawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    If I gave you link of this thread, I wonder what you would've said.
    I would've laughed.

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    Why is link even necessary in this post? Everything I wrote here is common knowledge put together, zero new info.
    Because McCourt hasn't publicly said anything NFL-related since 2005, so what's the point of this thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    It's called research. You can easily look up everything I wrote here on google.

    Do you ask for link on everything you read here? I'm pretty sure 95% of posts here are people's opinions, not articles (~5%)
    Your case is:
    - The O'Malleys wanted the NFL.
    - The Coliseum is not a viable stadium option.
    - Frank named his wife CEO.

    Sorry, I'm gonna need a little more than that.

  4. #14
    2nd Scoring Line hypersonic19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    476
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    McCourt hasn't publicly said anything NFL-related since 2005, so what's the point of this thread?
    Can't you read? In my original post I said in 2008 (That's post 2005 in case you didn't know) at press conference he publically said something NFL-related.

    Read before you post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    Your case is:
    - The O'Malleys wanted the NFL.
    - The Coliseum is not a viable stadium option.
    - Frank named his wife CEO.
    All three points are common knowledge to people in L.A.
    Even if you didn't know, you could've googled the info EASILY.
    Learn and do your research at least once before you post.
    ------------------------

    Sonic: Dustin Brown was drafted by the L.A. Kings in the 1st round of the 2003 NHL draft.
    He was named the captain of the Kings before the 2008-2009 season and he plays right wing.
    He is signed to 2013-2014 season.

    Joseph Hoya: Link?

    Sonic: No link.. I wrote it.

    Joseph Hoya: Oh... got it.

    LOL.

  5. #15
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    Can't you read? In my original post I said in 2008 (That's post 2005 in case you didn't know) at press conference he publically [sic] said something NFL-related.

    Read before you post.
    My reading is perfectly fine. This is from your post:

    Since then, McCourt have announced "The Next 50" plan to renovate the Dodger Stadium. At the press conference, "He declined to comment on whether he would pursue additional projects on the rest of the site, and refused to say whether he would rule out residential development or the addition of an NFL stadium."
    He said "No comment." This is all you've got?

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    All three points are common knowledge to people in L.A.
    Even if you didn't know, you could've googled the info EASILY.
    Learn and do your research at least once before you post.
    I obviously don't need a link for those three points--I was pretty clear about that.

    I was asking for some actual basis for me to believe that McCourt is working on an NFL stadium deal. So far you have provided nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by hypersonic19 View Post
    Sonic: Dustin Brown was drafted by the L.A. Kings in the 1st round of the 2003 NHL draft.
    He was named the captain of the Kings before the 2008-2009 season and he plays right wing.
    He is signed to 2013-2014 season.

    Joseph Hoya: Link?

    Sonic: No link.. I wrote it.

    Joseph Hoya: Oh... got it.

    LOL.
    You're really bad at analogies.

    The point is not that you provided things that are common knowledge, but that you provided nothing in the recent past in the way of a news source that supports your hypothesis. A 2008 "No comment" and making his wife CEO does not equate to "McCourt is planning for the NFL." Sure, he might be. He also might be building a spaceship for time travel in the Dodger Stadium parking lot, but I'm not creating a thread about that now am I?

    Thanks for the entertainment.
    Last edited by Hoya; July 7th, 2009 at 07:20 AM.

  6. #16
    2nd Scoring Line hypersonic19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    476
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crapola View Post
    Cool, thanks for the link! I'd like to see this happen but it would be weird to see the Chargers in LA.

    I used to love the Rams but I can't root for a St. Louis team. Over the last 10 years I have grown to love the Chargers.
    Well, actually the downtown project is no longer.
    Since then, Ed Roski's been trying to build a stadium in the City of Industry.

    He cleared ALL hurdles and was cleared to start building the stadium as soon as September 2009, but he got sued by the City of Walnut so the plan is on hold for now.

    Some points you might want to know:

    - All teams with possibility of coming to L.A. as of now:
    Chargers (lease already expired)
    Raiders (lease expires after 2010-2011 season)
    Vikings & Bills (lease expire after 2011-2012 season)
    Rams (lease expires after 2014-2015 season)
    Jaguars (lease expires after 2035 season with escape clauses)

    - Looking at the past, literally almost 100% of teams that relocated had stadium issues, it was never lack of fan support.

    Chargers, Raiders, Vikings, Rams have stadium issues.
    Jaguars don't.

    NFL and Ed Roski want to move the Chargers then build ONE stadium for Raiders and 49ers in the Bay Area.

    So it's clear who they want to move but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

    I'm hoping for the Raiders NOT in Industry.. somewhere closer to downtown L.A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28