Click Here!
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 420

Thread: The June Dodger Thread

  1. #71
    1st Scoring Line ibleedkngs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Liked
    2 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    I find it harder and harder to go to games. I'm so sick of the ****ing neanderthal, false-machismo, animalistic, sociopaths that seem to believe that wearing the gear of another team into Dodger Stadium is akin to slapping their mothers across the face. I had to fetch security last night to keep a Cubs fan and his girlfriend that were doing nothing more than enjoying a baseball game from being harassed (death threats included) by a pack of idiots. And guess who else got death-threats? Me. Yeah. That's right. Because I went to get security.

    When I went to Wrigley a couple years back, we were treated like GOLD by every Cubs fan we interacted with. Everyone was happy to have us in their home. I felt so bad for the Cubs fans who had their visit to Dodger Stadium ruined. That's not the way anyone should be treated. Period. Baseball fans are baseball fans. Razz all you want. Boo all you want. But NO ONE should be threatening anyone or laying a hand on anyone else because they're fans of another team. That's just ****ing beyond idiotic.

    It's the second time in three games that I've been in the middle of problems like that, and the umpteenth time in I-don't-know-how-many-games I've seen that kind of bull**** in my section. I'm sick of it. I'm disappointed that I can't feel safe taking my four year old kid and 71 year old mom to something that's supposed to be a family-friendly experience.

    I doubt highly we're renewing next season.

    Move closer to the field. I know it sounds bad but you start to weed out the idiots that way.

  2. #72
    2nd Scoring Line Dawdler's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    924
    Liked
    182 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    I find it harder and harder to go to games. I'm so sick of the ****ing neanderthal, false-machismo, animalistic, sociopaths that seem to believe that wearing the gear of another team into Dodger Stadium is akin to slapping their mothers across the face. I had to fetch security last night to keep a Cubs fan and his girlfriend that were doing nothing more than enjoying a baseball game from being harassed (death threats included) by a pack of idiots. And guess who else got death-threats? Me. Yeah. That's right. Because I went to get security.

    When I went to Wrigley a couple years back, we were treated like GOLD by every Cubs fan we interacted with. Everyone was happy to have us in their home. I felt so bad for the Cubs fans who had their visit to Dodger Stadium ruined. That's not the way anyone should be treated. Period. Baseball fans are baseball fans. Razz all you want. Boo all you want. But NO ONE should be threatening anyone or laying a hand on anyone else because they're fans of another team. That's just ****ing beyond idiotic.

    It's the second time in three games that I've been in the middle of problems like that, and the umpteenth time in I-don't-know-how-many-games I've seen that kind of bull**** in my section. I'm sick of it. I'm disappointed that I can't feel safe taking my four year old kid and 71 year old mom to something that's supposed to be a family-friendly experience.

    I doubt highly we're renewing next season.
    Vin did mention last night that the crowd felt like a Friday night crow i.e. a bunch of idiots, its a shame the Dodger experience is being ruined, I would cringe if Dodger fans would be considered on par with Raider and Laker fans, unfortunately its heading towards that scenario.

  3. #73
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Completely agree with FBJ. Now I pretty much only go when my hookup has freebie seats down low. Otherwise it just isn't worth it.

    Even the Giants fans at the telephone booth were mostly friendly. I'm eager to see what the new DC park is like as a road fan in August.

  4. #74
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,030
    Liked
    27821 times
    Karma
    105058176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedkngs View Post
    Move closer to the field. I know it sounds bad but you start to weed out the idiots that way.
    Yep. Unfortunately, the same economic factors that keep the idiots out of those seats keeps me out of those seats. They're just too damned expensive these days.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  5. #75
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,030
    Liked
    27821 times
    Karma
    105058176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashiasu View Post
    Vin did mention last night that the crowd felt like a Friday night crow i.e. a bunch of idiots, its a shame the Dodger experience is being ruined, I would cringe if Dodger fans would be considered on par with Raider and Laker fans, unfortunately its heading towards that scenario.
    Start cringing...It's already happened.

    I'm in the middle of writing Frank McCourt. I imagine it will be read by one of his lackeys, but if I don't get some sort of positive response from my correspondence, I'll be writing an op-ed piece and submitting it to every newspaper and website I can think of.

    In my view, there's several things that absolutely have to happen in order to bring back the family-friendly atmosphere. Every one of them would bring about big improvements. Unfortunately, the McCourts are part of the big "PC" crowd, and would probably institute none of them.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  6. #76
    changing the game TBrown33's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,015
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    What other Dodger-related topics can we complain about? It's been a while since we've talked about parking.

    Sad times.

  7. #77
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    And yet I'd take THIS over that little blip I call 97-03. AKA "The Black Hole"

  8. #78
    I'M THIRTY-SEVEN? DanteHicks's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Liked
    54 times
    Karma
    1750000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    Start cringing...It's already happened.

    I'm in the middle of writing Frank McCourt. I imagine it will be read by one of his lackeys, but if I don't get some sort of positive response from my correspondence, I'll be writing an op-ed piece and submitting it to every newspaper and website I can think of.

    In my view, there's several things that absolutely have to happen in order to bring back the family-friendly atmosphere. Every one of them would bring about big improvements. Unfortunately, the McCourts are part of the big "PC" crowd, and would probably institute none of them.
    Mandatory lesbian kissing!

  9. #79
    1st Scoring Line pb2k's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,699
    Liked
    189 times
    Karma
    1016400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    Default

    Should be another terrible game

    LF Pierre
    RF Young
    2B Kent
    1B Loney
    CF Kemp
    3B DeWitt
    C Ardoin
    SS Hu
    RH Kuroda

  10. #80
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Kent just missed a HR. Man that was a bomb.

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84