Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default K-Rod leaving Angels after 2008???

    Seriously...if the Angels let him walk I'll be ****ing livid. I'm hoping this is one of those English is a second language misunderstandings like the Ducks had with Bryzgalov last summer.

    Going to arbitration worries me. If Rodriguez hits the free agent market the Yankees will pick him up. No way the Angels can compete with that. Also, I'll be out an Angels jersey since my newest one has good old #57 on the back. Damnit!

    ESPN - With no long-term deal in place, K-Rod expects to be free agent after '08 season - MLB
    Last edited by OrangePuck; February 18th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.

  2. #2
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hah!

  3. #3
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    K-Rod is a very good closer but it wouldn't be the end of the world for the Angels.

    Great closers are invaluable, but it is not a hard position to fill. I'm not saying it is easy, but it's easier to find a solid closer than it is a front of the line rotation guy.

    I think the position has been overrated. Yea, the Yankees have won a bunch of titles with Mariano Riveria shutting the door, but the Cards won a World Series with Adam Wainright at the end of game.

    The last time the Marlins won the title they didn't have a closer until the deadline when they picked up Ugeth Urbina. The D-Backs won a world series with Byung Yung Kim!

    Having a great closer like Mariano is a great weapon, but capable closers can be found from year to year. They're not exactly rare.

  4. #4
    Word up G jdkings24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    Liked
    109 times
    Karma
    1065174
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    K-Rod is a very good closer but it wouldn't be the end of the world for the Angels.

    Great closers are invaluable, but it is not a hard position to fill. I'm not saying it is easy, but it's easier to find a solid closer than it is a front of the line rotation guy.

    I think the position has been overrated. Yea, the Yankees have won a bunch of titles with Mariano Riveria shutting the door, but the Cards won a World Series with Adam Wainright at the end of game.

    The last time the Marlins won the title they didn't have a closer until the deadline when they picked up Ugeth Urbina. The D-Backs won a world series with Byung Yung Kim!

    Having a great closer like Mariano is a great weapon, but capable closers can be found from year to year. They're not exactly rare.
    what he said

  5. #5
    Metal Legend Vargsmal's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,472
    Liked
    545 times
    Karma
    16340862
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

    Default

    good, get his ass out of california, i can't stand him.

  6. #6
    d dub
    Guest

    Default

    He's been chomping at the bit to get big money for sometime now. I just hope he doesn't come out of arbitration so bitter he wants to leave no matter what they offer him next off season.

    I hear they're trying Juan Rivera at 1st base, hoping it'll get his bat into the line up more.

  7. #7
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d dub View Post

    I hear they're trying Juan Rivera at 1st base, hoping it'll get his bat into the line up more.
    This makes zero sense to me. Kotchman is a good hitter and he's good in the field. Why the hell would they want to put Rivera at first?

  8. #8
    d dub
    Guest

    Default

    They're not looking to put Rivera at 1st full time, come on now. But to expect Kotchman to play every game in a season on a team with this much bench depth is kinda crazy. Juan's a righty & Kotchman is a lefty and they're obviously not satisfied with the development of Morales. You'd rather squeeze Rivera's bat into the lineup than Quinlan. It's just reshuffling the depth behind Kotchman because the OF is very crowded.

  9. #9
    kingofdodgers
    Guest

    Default

    Apparently he is being awarded $10 million for next season. He was asking for $12.5 million.
    link

  10. #10
    1st Scoring Line IceDogsFan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Liked
    66 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofdodgers View Post
    Apparently he is being awarded $10 million for next season. He was asking for $12.5 million.
    link
    Closers are way overpaid. $10 million for a guy to pitch 67 innings is ridiculous, that's about $150k/inning.

    I'm sure he's crying in his cheerios right now - poor guy

    And I'm a die hard Angel Fan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65