LA Angels of Anaheim to officially become LA Angels. Staying in Anaheim till 2057?
According to the LA Times the city of Anaheim will vote on Tuesday (9/3/13) to enter a lease negotiation with the Angels to keep the team in the city possibly until 2057. Here are some of the key points.
* The team will agree to a new lease deal with the city of Anaheim to keep the team where they are at until 2057. The team can opt out on the deal in 2036, and 2050.
* The team can officially drop the of Anaheim portion of their name, and simply be called the Los Angeles Angels.
* The Angels will pay 200 million dollars for another renovation of Angels Stadium.
* Angels owner Arte Moreno will be able to rent land around the stadium for $1 a year and will secure development rights to that land for 66 years.
* The current lease deal which ends in 2016 will be extended to 2019 so that the city can work out a complex deal with the team.
'Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim' could be no more - latimes.com