Click Here!
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 916

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers - Official August Thread

  1. #901
    1st Scoring Line Catman39's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Liked
    7 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    Petco sucks. As I said before, too much ballpark on too little land.
    So you liked Qualcomm better?

  2. #902
    Chipping for par lath19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,319
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Seafood View Post
    Because I don't blame everything on one guy I don't know dick about baseball? Ok. Tell me, how many games ahead in the standings would we be if we didn't have Juan Pierre then? He alone is the reason? You guys were pissing about his contract before he set foot on the field, so of course everything that happens now is his fault.

    You can be pissed at Ned for getting him if you want, but Pierre is doing what he does, like him or not. He plays every game, he's hitting around.300, stealing bases, doing what he always does. Why do you guys all act so surprised about that? Were you expecting him to go on a power surge at some point? Gun guys out from the warning track? You're telling me I don't know anything about baseball?

    Pierre is here, he's doing what he always does. All your bitching isn't going to change it.
    Stop being such a drama queen. Nobody is saying Pierre is at fault for everything. When Penny got lit up the other day were people blaming Juan-for-five? When Ethier continues to leave runners at 3rd with less than 2 outs do people blame JP? No. People blame him when he deserves it. Dropping a routine fly out that probably cost the Dodgers 2 games in the standings is reason enough to bitch.

    Pierre is here doing what he always does which is why most Dodger fans were pissed when he got signed. The guy isn't good and he make the team worse. Hitting .286 and stealing bases isn't good enough for the type of player he is. Who here is surprised that he is as bad now as he was the last few years? Nobody is expecting him to have a power surge or be even a mediocre CF. We all know he sucks which is why everybody hates on him when he makes a mistake. Martin or Kemp can make a base running **** up every now and then and nobody really jumps on them because they do so much to help the team. JP doesn't.

  3. #903
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catman39 View Post
    ...and what's your point? Most ballparks have bullpens for both teams. The Padres just get a little advantage I guess.
    Underpressure was insinuating that the Red Sox actually had the best bullpen in the league.

    In response to your statement

    Quote Originally Posted by catman39
    The best bullpen in baseball deserves to be comfy!
    Geez you Padre fans are slow.

  4. #904
    Oh yeah absolutely I mean UnderPressure's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,406
    Liked
    63 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catman39 View Post
    ...and what's your point? Most ballparks have bullpens for both teams. The Padres just get a little advantage I guess.
    My point was that the Red Sox bullpen is the best in baseball.


    EDIT: Thanks, ASU.

  5. #905
    Now Available In HD Italian Seafood's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    886
    Liked
    12 times
    Karma
    1125000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lath19 View Post
    Stop being such a drama queen. Nobody is saying Pierre is at fault for everything. When Penny got lit up the other day were people blaming Juan-for-five? When Ethier continues to leave runners at 3rd with less than 2 outs do people blame JP? No. People blame him when he deserves it. Dropping a routine fly out that probably cost the Dodgers 2 games in the standings is reason enough to bitch.
    Please, you guys have been bitching about Pierre since before the season, and I'm the drama queen? The guy just hit in 15-straight and that didn't slow you down at all. Whatever. Bitch all you want, but don't tell me I don't know baseball because I don't agree with you. There was more blame to go arund last night than just Pierre, there usually is.

  6. #906
    1st Scoring Line Catman39's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,132
    Liked
    7 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
    My point was that the Red Sox bullpen is the best in baseball.
    I'll take the Padres bully against the Red Sox. If Trevor was well...Trevor, they would take it hands down. But he hasn't been of late so I'd say they are pretty even...but I'll still take the Padres relievers in a 5 game series.

  7. #907
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catman39 View Post
    I'll take the Padres bully against the Red Sox. If Trevor was well...Trevor, they would take it hands down. But he hasn't been of late so I'd say they are pretty even...but I'll still take the Padres relievers in a 5 game series.
    Ok, so if we're speaking hypothetically... if Trevor was pitching Trevorball, The Pads would have a very good pen.

    Then, if Gagne was pitching the way he was in Texas, The Sox would be better.

    Then, if Scott Sheilds was pitching the way he was earlier in the season, The Angels would be just as good.

    Then, if we still had a healthy Kuo and Randy Wolf, we'd have the best bullpen in the leagues and wouldn't have to resort to old man Hernandez nor trading for any 4th or 5th starters.

    But since hypothetically speaking doesn't show up in ballgames, we'll stay with the facts. The Pads have a GOOD bullpen. That's alright though. It's almost October though. Time for "Trevortime" to go to fly south for the winter.


    However, the beach is lovely here. You guys still have that. This ballpark is all good once you're inside. But the parking here is laughable.
    I need a sign to hang on the back of my truck that says "I'd rather be at Chavez Ravine".

    We wound up parking in a lot where you fold up your bills and stick it in some hole. Damn, I wish I had fake currency right about now.


    I feel good about tonight. Hopefully, that doesn't dissipate shortly.

  8. #908
    Oh yeah absolutely I mean UnderPressure's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,406
    Liked
    63 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catman39 View Post
    I'll take the Padres bully against the Red Sox. If Trevor was well...Trevor, they would take it hands down. But he hasn't been of late so I'd say they are pretty even...but I'll still take the Padres relievers in a 5 game series.
    Blah blah blah if if if

  9. #909
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,680
    Liked
    885 times
    Karma
    1915798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
    The Dodgers need a dose of some good luck in August. It's time for a sexy party.

    GO BLUE!
    Are we talking baseball now? Are you kidding me! That third game of the season is a must win game because there is only 179 left. Baseball is for late summer when all the good sports are done and we are waiting for football to start. Is Cey, Russell, Lopes and Garvey still in the infield for the Dodgers? They had a nice run!

  10. #910
    Oracular Spectacular SWBKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,774
    Liked
    370 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for digging this thread up?

Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66