Click Here!
Page 71 of 128 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1274

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers--Official September Thread

  1. #701
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    ****ing Wells - always melts down in the middle innings.

    6-3 Pads

  2. #702
    BerniernextRoy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Radio Die View Post
    I can understand that but Loney ended last year with a bang including a strong showing in the one playoff game he started and he tore the cover off the ball in Spring Training this year. Despite all that Colletti still sent him to Vegas to start the year. I can't see Lombardi sending Johnson to Manchester to start next season just to teach him a lesson. That kind of a move can screw with a young player's head in a very bad way. Especially when that player did everything to prove to the fans and the coaching staff that he belongs on the major league roster.
    That is true, Loney was one of the few bright spots in the playoffs last year. Good job destroying my point.

  3. #703
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Radio Die View Post
    I can understand that but Loney ended last year with a bang including a strong showing in the one playoff game he started and he tore the cover off the ball in Spring Training this year. Despite all that Colletti still sent him to Vegas to start the year. I can't see Lombardi sending Johnson to Manchester to start next season just to teach him a lesson. That kind of a move can screw with a young player's head in a very bad way. Especially when that player did everything to prove to the fans and the coaching staff that he belongs on the major league roster.
    Well, you also have to remember that Grittle and Colletti chose Tomko and Lurch to be in the rotation before Billingsley at the beginning of the year. Those two aren't exactly the smartest minds in baseball - far from it actually.

    I'm just glad Loney is with us now and producing. I remember early on he was saying that he wouldn't mind being traded. Hopefully we can lock him up to a long term contract sometime in the near future.

  4. #704
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,752
    Liked
    1824 times
    Karma
    1153900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twenty-four View Post
    That is true, Loney was one of the few bright spots in the playoffs last year. Good job destroying my point.
    I actually think it's a very valid point but in Loney's case he showed that he was ready to be an everyday MLBer before this year's demotion to AAA. Kemp on the other hand needed to start the year in AAA to show that he wasn't going to chase those outside breaking pitches and to keep his ego in check.

    Okay back to the game, 9 more outs and we are 1.5 games out of the Wild Card!

  5. #705
    BerniernextRoy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiehardKingsFan View Post
    Well, you also have to remember that Grittle and Colletti chose Tomko and Lurch to be in the rotation before Billingsley at the beginning of the year. Those two aren't exactly the smartest minds in baseball - far from it actually.

    I'm just glad Loney is with us now and producing. I remember early on he was saying that he wouldn't mind being traded. Hopefully we can lock him up to a long term contract sometime in the near future.
    I hate to defend their moves, because I find myself questioning their moves like Gonzo over Ethier etc. But for young pitchers like C-Bill you want to limit their pitches when they are so young. I have seen some statistics where young pitchers that throw a ton of pitches in a season are more prone to injuries. I too am glad Loney is kicking some ass.

  6. #706
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Khalil got ROBBED by Pierre

  7. #707
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Let's hope Brox and Sammy can slam the door.

    Also, an insurance run or 2 couldn't hurt.

  8. #708
    Now Available In HD Italian Seafood's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    876
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Great catch by Pierre. I wonder what the record is for most putouts by an outfield in a game. We have to be closing in on it.

  9. #709
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Seafood View Post
    Great catch by Pierre. I wonder what the record is for most putouts by an outfield in a game. We have to be closing in on it.
    Maybe for a 9 inning game. The record is probably for some 19 or 20 inning game.

  10. #710
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,752
    Liked
    1824 times
    Karma
    1153900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)

    Default

    Brox needs a strong outing here tonight. He's had a bad September so far and he hasn't looked confident lately.

Page 71 of 128 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28