Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 418
  1. #321
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Does anyone play BTS?

    The Official Site of Major League Baseball: Fantasy: Beat the Streak 2008

    I've played the last 2 years.

    My best streak lasted 38 games. I guess now you all know why I got sour grapes for Juan for five. On this particular game, he was o-for and I never looked back. That was the straw that broke this camel's back.

    Anyway, you all should play. I'm not a fantasy guy but I love these endurance games.

    My first five are:
    3/25 Jacoby Elsbury
    3/26 JD Drew
    3/30 Mark Teixera
    3/31 Matt Kemp
    4/1 Matt Kemp
    Last edited by Cliché Guevara; March 24th, 2008 at 01:31 PM.

  2. #322
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,352
    Liked
    48 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    I don't mind Abreu starting at 3B over DeWitt simply because he is the better player.

    DeWitt is having a decent spring training, but I don't put any stock into spring training stats. If they correlated to regular season stats than Tripp Cromer would have been the best Dodger infielder ever. DeWitt's hasn't even had 200 ABs in AA or above and he wasn't very good. If he plays 3B in the majors for an extended period of time he'll be a huge hole in the lineup.

    I don't like that Abreu seems to be "soft" but he's better than Blake DeWitt at this point.
    Better than DeWitt? Really? Not from what I've seen this spring. DeWitt looks like a young player fighting for and taking advantage of his chance. Abreu looks like a young player with all the hype who thinks the job should be given to him. A typical prima donna.

    And as far as the minor league stats go, who cares? I see 2 young players with everything to prove.

    If Abreu was a proven vet nursing an injury, then I'd give him a little more slack. But he's not. At this point, I'd give DeWitt the job.

  3. #323
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    Better than DeWitt? Really? Not from what I've seen this spring. DeWitt looks like a young player fighting for and taking advantage of his chance. Abreu looks like a young player with all the hype who thinks the job should be given to him. A typical prima donna.
    This is my point. This is spring training, who cares about spring training stats? Like The Natural mentioned, Chan Ho Park has been great in spring training, do we ignore the fact that he's sucked the last 4 years and give him a spot in the rotation over Chad Billingsley? Of course not, why? Because spring training stats are meaningless. It's good to see Blake DeWitt succeeding in spring traning but he has yet to establish himself as even a decent AA player. What makes you think he's ready for the majors other than spring training?

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21
    And as far as the minor league stats go, who cares? I see 2 young players with everything to prove.
    This is ridiculous. So we're just supposed to ignore minor league numbers because they don't support your argument that Blake DeWitt should be on the major league roster? If DeWitt batted went .290/.340/.375 in AA last year I bet you wouldn't be saying "as far as minor league stats go, who cares".

    I see Blake DeWitt as a player who still has to prove himself against AA pitching. If he sees time as a major leaguer he'll be outclassed.

    If Kershaw isn't ready for the majors despite dominating A ball and pitching well in AA how is Blake DeWitt ready?

  4. #324
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I scanned the stations a few minutes ago and I listened to Dodgers minute on AM790... Expect a fair amount of cuts to be announced between the ending of today's game vs. Kansas City and the start of tomorrow's game against Milwaukee.

  5. #325
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,352
    Liked
    48 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    I really don't like trying to prove my point to fantasy league players but if you didn't understand my post let me make it as easy for you to understand.

    I know as well as anybody that spring training stats mean ****. I also know if a proven veteran is struggling in spring training and he's outplayed by a young player, the veteran is and should keep his job.

    However, when you have a very young player like Abreu, who is NOT a proven veteran, being outplayed by another young player like DeWitt, then spring training performance means everything.

    So if you're going to sit and tell me that Abreu has outplayed DeWitt this spring, then you're F'N crazy.

    Spring training for young players is EVERYTHING.

    And as far as the minor league stats go. I only look at the play on the field in front of me at the given moment. I've seen many players and have played with many who have had a very average season 1 year and a solid one the next.
    Last edited by Claw21; March 24th, 2008 at 02:33 PM.

  6. #326
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21
    I really don't like trying to prove my point to fantasy league players
    LOL, not this crap again.

  7. #327
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,352
    Liked
    48 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbruin152 View Post
    LOL, not this crap again.
    Please explain yourself. "Again"?

  8. #328
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    I really don't like trying to prove my point to fantasy league players but if you didn't understand my post let me make it as easy for you to understand.



  9. #329
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    Please explain yourself. "Again"?
    This lame ad hominem attack that comes up anytime (I'm not saying from you directly, but in general) somebody wants to denigrate a stats argument.

    ASU played baseball in HS. I worked in baseball for several years at both the college and professional level and have a couple college players in my immediate family. We're not just stat geeks who've never watched or been involved in the game here, so it's uncalled for.

  10. #330
    changing the game TBrown33's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,034
    Liked
    13 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    VORPies.

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66