Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92
  1. #51
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Rental? Manny has 2 Club Options following this season @ $20M per.
    Word is the options are waived with Manny waiving his no trade. So he basically is a rental.

  2. #52
    Cause Mitchrock said so dannybuoy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,951
    Liked
    296 times
    Karma
    1077778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Rental? Manny has 2 Club Options following this season @ $20M per.
    According to the articles that are out there, it says the Dodgers do not plan on picking up his options.

    Manny Ramirez traded to Dodgers, Bay to Red Sox -- Newsday.com

  3. #53
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Rental? Manny has 2 Club Options following this season @ $20M per.
    there've been rumors that these options may have been dropped in order for Manny to drop his NTC.

    no official word about this yet though, so who knows?

  4. #54
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    there've been rumors that these options may have been dropped in order for Manny to drop his NTC.

    no official word about this yet though, so who knows?

    Hmmm, interesting.

    ESPN.Com says that it contains the options but you may be right about the waiver with the NTC. I'm sure we'll know tonight between Baseball Tonight and good ol' Vin.

  5. #55
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Scott Boras on ESPN.710 right now...

  6. #56
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    ESPN.Com says that it contains the options but you may be right about the waiver with the NTC. I'm sure we'll know tonight between Baseball Tonight and good ol' Vin.
    see newsday link above.

  7. #57
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    see newsday link above.
    I did read that. Interesting that they are already saying that the Dodgers will not pick them up. Why would Ned decide right at this moment that they will not pick up the options?

  8. #58
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Confirmed by Boras on 710, the Options were removed from the contract due to Manny waiving the NTC to go to the Dodgers.

  9. #59
    Cause Mitchrock said so dannybuoy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,951
    Liked
    296 times
    Karma
    1077778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    I did read that. Interesting that they are already saying that the Dodgers will not pick them up. Why would Ned decide right at this moment that they will not pick up the options?
    20 million reasons a season is a start.

  10. #60
    1st Scoring Line BleedingPurple's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,937
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Barring any unforseen circumstances, Manny will be in uniform tomorrow night.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28