Click Here!
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 264
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: MLB: The Official 2012 Angels thread

  1. #251
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,055
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargsmal View Post
    LOL why not give greinke that absurd contract.........good pitching beats good hitting any day.
    For someone who pitches every 5 days and if healthy gets 30 starts a year, his contract already is absurd.
    There is already Rumors of Kershaw getting 200 mil....5 years at 25 mil per for a guy who plays 120+ games and hits 40+ home runs? I'll take that.
    TooCool, LOSTcauseZERO and Melfice like this.

  2. #252
    Metal Legend Vargsmal's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,467
    Liked
    537 times
    Karma
    16310862
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gokingsgo View Post
    For someone who pitches every 5 days and if healthy gets 30 starts a year, his contract already is absurd.
    There is already Rumors of Kershaw getting 200 mil....5 years at 25 mil per for a guy who plays 120+ games and hits 40+ home runs? I'll take that.
    Great pitching wins Championships, not 40 home run guys.......angels have weaver and scrubs (wilson is whatever) doesnt matter if you score 9 runs a game if you give up 10. Pitching is to baseball what goaltending is to hockey.
    mugs likes this.

  3. #253
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,055
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargsmal View Post
    Great pitching wins Championships, not 40 home run guys.......angels have weaver and scrubs (wilson is whatever) doesnt matter if you score 9 runs a game if you give up 10. Pitching is to baseball what goaltending is to hockey.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, i'm saying the cost would have been a bit ridiculous. You could also argue the Angels now have 2 or 3 potential 40 home run guys and maybe 5 30+ in Trumbo, Pujols, Hamilton, Trout and Morales.

  4. #254
    1st Scoring Line IceDogsFan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Liked
    66 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

  5. #255
    RANGZ aaron's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    4,223
    Liked
    512 times
    Karma
    5428016
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice
    Someone to eat 200 innings at a decent level.

    Never a morales fan.

  6. #256
    Darkside LOSTcauseZERO's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,347
    Liked
    1755 times
    Karma
    1010100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm trying to hold full judgement over this trade. My gut says absolutely dumb trade for the Angels though.

  7. #257
    2nd Scoring Line Dawdler's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    946
    Liked
    185 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    A little surprised Morales was dealt but we all knew somebody was going to be dealt, this clears up a spot for Bourjous who was the guy rumored to be gone and the Halos get another starter.

    I'm still not crazy about Blanton, he sucked with the Dodgers and he's going to get battered in AL parks.

  8. #258
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,055
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
    A little surprised Morales was dealt but we all knew somebody was going to be dealt, this clears up a spot for Bourjous who was the guy rumored to be gone and the Halos get another starter.

    I'm still not crazy about Blanton, he sucked with the Dodgers and he's going to get battered in AL parks.
    Weren't we already used to that with Santana?

  9. #259
    Darkside LOSTcauseZERO's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,347
    Liked
    1755 times
    Karma
    1010100
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Weaver, Wilson, Hanson, Vargas, and Blanton as the starting rotation doesn't seem too bad. You can definitely do a lot worse. Losing Morales' bat hurts though. It cuts into the depth of the hitting.
    Melfice likes this.

  10. #260
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,055
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Trout
    Kendrick
    Pujols
    Hamilton
    Trumbo
    Aybar
    Callaspo
    Ianetta
    Bourjos

    Looks like a pretty solid 9 to me. I don't see losing Morales being that big a loss. Think losing Trumbo would have been worse.
    IceDogsFan likes this.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28