Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 318
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: The Official 2014 Dodgers Season Thread

  1. #251
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,354
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default The Official 2014 Dodgers Season Thread

    Dodgers lost to a fat 85 year old pitcher. Sad.

  2. #252
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,354
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Puig never ceases to amaze.
    How about that 20 million dollar a year mistake better known as Kemp hitting into another double play. That dude seriously sucks.

  3. #253
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,065
    Liked
    1262 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    How about that 20 million dollar a year mistake better known as Kemp hitting into another double play. That dude seriously sucks.
    Double plays happen every single game. Running into triple plays happen to Puig.

    Two replays at Dodger Stadium lead to 7-2-4 triple play for Indians | MLB.com: News

    Yasiel Puig's aggressive run ends in Mets' triple play | MLB.com: News

    It's so fundamentally stupid and shows next to zero base-running awareness.

    He needs to be better.

  4. #254
    2nd Scoring Line KingsFan1985's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    684
    Liked
    330 times
    Karma
    4078148
    Images
    42
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    How about that 20 million dollar a year mistake better known as Kemp hitting into another double play. That dude seriously sucks.
    Shhhh...don't tell people Matt Kemp once did this because he wasn't paying attention to the game.




    I can't even count the number of times Yasiel Puig has done that.

  5. #255
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,065
    Liked
    1262 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

    Default

    If you're going to bring up an example of Kemp being stupid on the basepaths, why look further than this?



    Again, running into a triple play is inexcusably stupid.

    Pointing out Kemp's bad baserunning in no way makes Puig's repeated blunders less stupid.

  6. #256
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,354
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Yah because if Puig would have stopped at 3rd then the Dodgers for sure would have scored 10 runs that inning and won the game.

  7. #257
    2nd Scoring Line KingsFan1985's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    684
    Liked
    330 times
    Karma
    4078148
    Images
    42
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Again, running into a triple play is inexcusably stupid.

    Pointing out Kemp's bad baserunning in no way makes Puig's repeated blunders less stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    Yah because if Puig would have stopped at 3rd then the Dodgers for sure would have scored 10 runs that inning and won the game.
    Not trying to defend Puig's stupidity here. I agree that his baserunning blunder was beyond dumb.

    Just pointing out as always that Kemp is far from being the ying to Puig's yang. They're both guilty of being really stupid at times. Case and point in yesterday's game when Kemp just assumed Dee Gordon was going to make a play on a ball, but once the ball got past Dee Matt tried to overcompensate and almost created a two run in the park home run. Thankfully Puig's speed and arm bailed Kemp out on that one, and just limited it to a one run triple. The game was tied right before that though, so in grand scheme of things Puig triple play on what already was a two out inning (thanks to Kemp) of a blowout game was not the back breaker people were making it out to be.

    The Dodgers were going to lose that game either way. Puig's one really stupid play was just one the flavors of the crap sundae the Dodgers served up yesterday. Kevin Correria was the maker of the sundae.

  8. #258
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,065
    Liked
    1262 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan1985 View Post
    Not trying to defend Puig's stupidity here. I agree that his baserunning blunder was beyond dumb.

    Just pointing out as always that Kemp is far from being the ying to Puig's yang. They're both guilty of being really stupid at times. Case and point in yesterday's game when Kemp just assumed Dee Gordon was going to make a play on a ball, but once the ball got past Dee Matt tried to overcompensate and almost created a two run in the park home run. Thankfully Puig's speed and arm bailed Kemp out on that one, and just limited it to a one run triple. The game was tied right before that though, so in grand scheme of things Puig triple play on what already was a two out inning (thanks to Kemp) of a blowout game was not the back breaker people were making it out to be.

    The Dodgers were going to lose that game either way. Puig's one really stupid play was just one the flavors of the crap sundae the Dodgers served up yesterday. Kevin Correria was the maker of the sundae.
    This is the most important and concerning aspect of the loss on Sunday. Correia makes Roberto Hernandez look like Greinke. Ryu needs to get healthy fast because the rotation has an Ace, a #2 with a bum elbow and 3 question marks with 5 weeks left.

  9. #259
    Team LGK mugs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,476
    Liked
    3108 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    This is the most important and concerning aspect of the loss on Sunday. Correia makes Roberto Hernandez look like Greinke. Ryu needs to get healthy fast because the rotation has an Ace, a #2 with a bum elbow and 3 question marks with 5 weeks left.
    They should claim Bartolo Colon.

  10. #260
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,065
    Liked
    1262 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    They should claim Bartolo Colon.
    https://twitter.com/AdamRubinESPN/st...31594071638016

    Exec believes Dodgers/Angels most sensible for Colon. Tigers VP Scott Reid watched Sun., but he was in LA all week & Detroit doesn't have $.
    mugs likes this.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28