Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,348
    Liked
    19656 times
    Karma
    105203176
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

    Default The Official Dodgers 2013-2014 Offseason Thread...

    Yup.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  2. #2
    2nd Scoring Line KingsFan1985's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    762
    Liked
    388 times
    Karma
    4083148
    Images
    53
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

  3. #3
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,139
    Liked
    1309 times
    Karma
    1249154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan1985 View Post
    I'm fine with dealing Ethier. I'd much rather see Crawford dealt but there isn't a team rich/dumb enough to take his contract, so we're stuck with him.

  4. #4
    2nd Scoring Line KingsFan1985's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    762
    Liked
    388 times
    Karma
    4083148
    Images
    53
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    I'm fine with dealing Ethier. I'd much rather see Crawford dealt but there isn't a team rich/dumb enough to take his contract, so we're stuck with him.
    If it were possible I would like to see Ethier, Crawford, and Kemp traded. I agree no one would ever accept a Crawford deal without having us eat most of what is due to him, which is not possible, but at the same time I feel I would rather see Crawford on this team over Kemp and Ethier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Claw21 View Post
    Who is this Kemp guy?
    Exactly. Thing with Kemp is whenever someone tries to defend why he should still be here, their sentence usually begins with the words: "if he's healthy, or "potentially", or "he could be as good as he was back in..." Matt Kemp is 29 years old, the talk of what ifs and potential is over for Kemp. I've been done with the whole core group of position players that were suppose to lead us to a championship (Kemp, Ethier, Loney, Martin). Almost all those guys started with great potential and had some great seasons, but they all seemed to have eventually flamed out because they were more consumed with being a star then a good ball player. Notice how Martin and Loney have been given a second life the minute they moved out of a big city. I think the same thing is needed for Kemp and Ethier. It would not only be good for their careers, but it would also be good for us as we try to develop and mature Puig.
    Last edited by KingsFan1985; October 20th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

  5. #5
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,139
    Liked
    1309 times
    Karma
    1249154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan1985 View Post
    Exactly. Thing with Kemp is whenever someone tries to defend why he should still be here, their sentence usually begins with the words: "if he's healthy, or "potentially", or "he could be as good as he was back in..." Matt Kemp is 29 years old, the talk of what ifs and potential is over for Kemp. I've been done with the whole core group of position players that were suppose to lead us to a championship (Kemp, Ethier, Loney, Martin). Almost all those guys started with great potential and had some great seasons, but they all seemed to have eventually flamed out because they were more consumed with being a star then a good ball player. Notice how Martin and Loney have been given a second life the minute they moved out of a big city. I think the same thing is needed for Kemp and Ethier. It would not only be good for their careers, but it would also be good for us as we try to develop and mature Puig.
    Hate to point it out but Yasiel Puig not only has more on-the-field maturity issues than all the four players you previously mentioned combined but he has a history of off-the-field prima donna antics dating back to his time in Chattanooga. Did you honestly forget about his speeding, reckless driving and driving without proof of insurance charges? To me, those actions alone set off entitlement alarms. There are plenty of red flags with Puig. I think it would be incredibly foolish to build a franchise around him until he proves there's substance behind his flash.

    At this point nobody knows one way or the other.

  6. #6
    2nd Scoring Line KingsFan1985's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    762
    Liked
    388 times
    Karma
    4083148
    Images
    53
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Hate to point it out but Yasiel Puig not only has more on-the-field maturity issues than all the four players you previously mentioned combined but he has a history of off-the-field prima donna antics dating back to his time in Chattanooga. Did you honestly forget about his speeding, reckless driving and driving without proof of insurance charges? To me, those actions alone set off entitlement alarms. There are plenty of red flags with Puig. I think it would be incredibly foolish to build a franchise around him until he proves there's substance behind his flash.

    At this point nobody knows one way or the other.
    I couldn't agree more about Puig. I don't think the Dodgers should build around him at this point, but at the same time they have to consider Puig will most likely be the future of this franchise. Yasiel is still very young and he's also still a stanger to a new land, and a new way of life. There's some issues he suffers from because things are done differently in Cuba, and there are some issues he suffers from because he's just a straight up self centered jerk. At Yasiel's age you can make the point that there is still a ton of room for him to improve, both with his on field and off field issues. Matt Kemp on the other hand is at his peak age, and he has been getting paid like he doesn't need to improve his focus or swing mechanics.

    At this point I think the franchise belongs to Kershaw, Hanley, and Gonzalez. Those are the leaders, those are the franchise players now. Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier had been given this title ever since Manny Ramirez left, and all the both of them have to show for it is about 1 to 1 1/2 good seasons since that time.

    If I had to choose from either one or the other on who I have to go with from here on out, Puig or Kemp? It's a no brainer, I'm going to go with Puig. I know people want to defend Matt Kemp because they invested so much time in likely him, and invested so much money in buying his merchandise and jerseys, but people have to see the reality of where Matt Kemp has been going for the last two seasons.

    Like I tell my friends, if Matt Kemp was on the Angels you know you would be making fun of the Halos right now for having another overpaid hasbeen on their team.

  7. #7
    2nd Scoring Line KingsFan1985's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    762
    Liked
    388 times
    Karma
    4083148
    Images
    53
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

    Default

    If you love to hate Mattingly, well then you'll hate this as well.

    Source says Los Angeles Dodgers will bring back Don Mattingly - ESPN Los Angeles

  8. #8
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,139
    Liked
    1309 times
    Karma
    1249154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

    Default

    Here's TBLA's take on the $300 Million contract offer to Kershaw.

    Clayton Kershaw contract extension with Dodgers seems inevitable - True Blue LA

  9. #9
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,365
    Liked
    51 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Who is this Kemp guy?

  10. #10
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,139
    Liked
    1309 times
    Karma
    1249154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)

    Default

    It looks like we've signed Guerro, again.

    Dodgers News: Dodgers, Alexander Guerrero Agree To Four-Year Deal | Dodgers Nation

    I know absolutely nothing about this kid other than who he's been compared to but if he really has Dan Uggla type power this could be a great addition to our lineup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •