Click Here!
Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 783
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: Official Dodgers 2013 Season Thread

  1. #401
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,455
    Liked
    1146 times
    Karma
    1238325
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)

    Default

    Kershaw was definitely way off his game last night. The proof wasn't in the hits as much as it was in the walks, and most of those walks were after getting ahead in the count, too. It almost reminded me of the first game I saw him pitch. I didn't realize how lucky I was at the time to see him as a rookie, but I definitely remember his insanely wicked ability. I also remember him having no control and walking a serious number of batters. Kershaw allowed so many walks that I thought at the time Billingsley would be a better pitcher for the lack of control alone.

    It was not the ideal situation to be up against Cubs all-star Woods. Yet, it was still a 1-run game in the end.

    Hopefully, they will win today. I wonder if I can sneak out of the office and go to the game. Hm.
    WestCoastIPA likes this.

  2. #402
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,761
    Liked
    1834 times
    Karma
    1153900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    465 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Kershaw was definitely way off his game last night. The proof wasn't in the hits as much as it was in the walks, and most of those walks were after getting ahead in the count, too. It almost reminded me of the first game I saw him pitch. I didn't realize how lucky I was at the time to see him as a rookie, but I definitely remember his insanely wicked ability. I also remember him having no control and walking a serious number of batters. Kershaw allowed so many walks that I thought at the time Billingsley would be a better pitcher for the lack of control alone.

    It was not the ideal situation to be up against Cubs all-star Woods. Yet, it was still a 1-run game in the end.

    Hopefully, they will win today. I wonder if I can sneak out of the office and go to the game. Hm.
    It's pretty crazy that 2 ER in 5.2IP is considered a bad night.

    Can't wait to see Kersh locked up long term.
    LetTigerIn and WestCoastIPA like this.

  3. #403
    Would you Believe... MaxwellSmart's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,410
    Liked
    2080 times
    Karma
    1020300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Kershaw was definitely way off his game last night. The proof wasn't in the hits as much as it was in the walks, and most of those walks were after getting ahead in the count, too. It almost reminded me of the first game I saw him pitch. I didn't realize how lucky I was at the time to see him as a rookie, but I definitely remember his insanely wicked ability. I also remember him having no control and walking a serious number of batters. Kershaw allowed so many walks that I thought at the time Billingsley would be a better pitcher for the lack of control alone.
    I remember his rookie year as well. I also remember a sports writer --and I can't remember who-- was saying how great he was going to be. Because of how inconsistent Kershaw was in his rookie year, I was kind of questioning his opinion.

    I remember reading a Q & A session with that writer where all these guys were asking comparisons about Kershaw and another pitcher, i.e., "Kershaw or Billingsley?"

    Every one of the questions was answered "Kershaw." There were even top aces on that Q & A, and each time the writer said "Kershaw."

    How true that turned out to be.
    Last edited by MaxwellSmart; August 28th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    LetTigerIn and WestCoastIPA like this.

  4. #404
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,761
    Liked
    1834 times
    Karma
    1153900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    465 Post(s)

    Default

    Nolasco throwing another absolute gem.

    It's too bad Billingsley is signed to such big money next year(12M with a team option for the following year at 14M). Locking up Nolasco to be our #4 for the next few years would be a coup.
    Last edited by Kubrick; August 28th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    LetTigerIn likes this.

  5. #405
    Team LGK mugs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,368
    Liked
    3228 times
    Karma
    1555967052
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

    Default

    I picked up Nolasco for my fantasy team a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to win it all now!
    LetTigerIn and WestCoastIPA like this.

  6. #406
    Hops Are Addictive WestCoastIPA's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,078
    Liked
    2491 times
    Karma
    2047718647
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    I picked up Nolasco for my fantasy team a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to win it all now!
    Nice pick-up.

  7. #407
    Hops Are Addictive WestCoastIPA's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,078
    Liked
    2491 times
    Karma
    2047718647
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't know how long Nolasco keeps this up, but it sure is nice having such a solid #4 starter right now. Or is he our #3 ?

    If we don't start scoring runs for Clayton he might be the first starting pitcher with an ERA under 2, and a .500 record!!!

    Go Dodgers!

  8. #408
    1st Scoring Line pb2k's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,698
    Liked
    189 times
    Karma
    1016400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    Default

    Dodgers agree to terms with Edinson Volquez | dodgerscribe.com


    Replace Capuano with someone worse? Makes perfect sense.

  9. #409
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,761
    Liked
    1834 times
    Karma
    1153900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    465 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pb2k View Post
    Dodgers agree to terms with Edinson Volquez | dodgerscribe.com


    Replace Capuano with someone worse? Makes perfect sense.
    Extra arm for meaningless games in September? I'm guessing we'll see Mattingly with a quick hook on all his starters until the Playoffs roll around.

  10. #410
    1st Scoring Line Claw21's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,338
    Liked
    55 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

    Default

    Nothing will change. Capuano will still start, get hit hard, allow 5 runs by the 4th inning and Volquez will finish up.

Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28