So according to the New York Post, the Dodgers offered Manny a 2 year 60 million dollar deal.
The Dodgers are*hoping to keep star outfielder*Manny Ramirez - 2008 MLB Playoffs - SI.com
One person who's spoken to Dodgers people suggested that the team is considering proposing a contract that may come close to matching Alex Rodriguez's record $27.5-million average annual salary but on a much shorter term, perhaps only two years. That person hinted he could see the Dodgers even exceeding A-Rod's salary, as long as the length of the deal was to their liking.
DODGERS RE-SIGN MANNY!
Manny Mota, that is.
Also, FWIW, Bill James ranks the Dodgers as the #13 team in terms of young talent on the MLB roster. He's high on Matt Kemp (his #7 young player in MLB) and James Loney (his #20 young player in MLB), but he's not as impressed with our depth of young talent.
1. Prince Fielder, Milwaukee Brewers
2. Hanley Ramirez, Florida Marlins
3. Tim Lincecum, San Francisco Giants
4. David Wright, New York Mets
5. Ryan Braun, Milwaukee Brewers
6. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
7. Matt Kemp, Los Angeles Dodgers
8. Francisco Rodriguez, Los Angeles Angels
9. Jose Reyes, New York Mets
10. Nick Markakis, Baltimore Orioles
11. Joakim Soria, Kansas City Royals
12. Ryan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals
13. Cole Hamels, Philadelphia Phillies
14. Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado Rockies
15. Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
16. Jon Lester, Boston Red Sox
17. Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays
18. John Danks, Chicago White Sox
19. Adrian Gonzalez, San Diego Padres
20. James Loney, Los Angeles Dodgers
21. Stephen Drew, Arizona Diamondbacks
22. Brian McCann, Atlanta Braves
?23. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
24. Grady Sizemore, Cleveland Indians
25. Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds
I'm beginning to think of Jon Heyman as the new Ken Rosenthal...
Martin wearing out welcome in L.A.?
The Dodgers were disappointed by the regression of catcher Russell Martin, who in the words of one Dodgers-connected person was "just another catcher'' this year. Only a year ago Martin was an excellent two-way player who won a Gold Glove and a Silver Slugger and appeared on the verge of superstardom. The New York Post reported that the Dodgers might even consider trading him.
TMZ Video Gallery
I'm still in favor of picking up his option haha.