Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 542
  1. #81
    changing the game TBrown33's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,034
    Liked
    13 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Peavy's nice, but giving up that much to trade within the division isn't worth it, in my opinion.

  2. #82
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,177
    Liked
    1209 times
    Karma
    172532594
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    Just say no to Peavy unless you can get him in a three-way deal. Our best years are ahead of us so let the youngsters keep playing - they will figure out how to come through as losing to Philly couldn't have tasted very good.

    Dump fatboy (Penny) and let Nomah, Kent walk. Resign Furcal and Manny and go after CC and all will be well.

  3. #83
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Just say no to Peavy unless you can get him in a three-way deal. Our best years are ahead of us so let the youngsters keep playing - they will figure out how to come through as losing to Philly couldn't have tasted very good.

    Dump fatboy (Penny) and let Nomah, Kent walk. Resign Furcal and Manny and go after CC and all will be well.
    Listen to this man!
    Last edited by Genghis John; October 22nd, 2008 at 08:55 AM.

  4. #84
    kjsdkjdf !! sarf's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,335
    Liked
    537 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Dump fatboy (Penny) and let Nomah, Kent walk. Resign Furcal and Manny and go after CC and all will be well.
    That could potentially be around 50 mil + per....

    Too much for an owner who seemed to be pinching da pennies last year.

  5. #85
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarf View Post
    That could potentially be around 50 mil + per....

    Too much for an owner who seemed to be pinching da pennies last year.
    You do realize that the Dodgers had the 2nd highest payroll in the NL right?

    McCourt drew the line because of Flanders reckless spending.

    Here is what McCourt said earlier today on 710

    Dodgers owner Frank McCourt in an interview with KSPN-AM (710) and discussed the possibility of re-signing Manny Ramirez, saying he was "hopeful," but also addressed comments that Ramirez and agent Scott Boras has made.

    Regarding Boras' claims that Ramirez "pays for himself" because of the added attendance and concessions sales:

    "You'd have to sell a lot of wigs to try to pay those salaries, but that's not the point," McCourt said. "He helped us win. That's our goal. When you try to take it and parse it and say a player's paying for himself, it doesn't make a lot of sense."

    McCourt also took notice of comments Ramirez has made, talking about going to the highest bidder and joking that his salary should rise along with gas prices:

    "We're definitely interested in bringing the player back," McCourt said. "I hope I've made that as clear as I possibly can, but I'm also aware of comments the players has made. He's entitled to go where he wants. And I was there guys, I saw how our fans embraced Manny. Personally, he played great, he seemed very happy to me."

  6. #86
    kjsdkjdf !! sarf's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,335
    Liked
    537 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    You do realize that the Dodgers had the 2nd highest payroll in the NL right?

    McCourt drew the line because of Flanders reckless spending.

    Here is what McCourt said earlier today on 710
    Yes I know that, but I don't think our budget will be the same next year. We didn't even pay for Manny last year. Those 3 players mentioned will be between 50-60 million, if we get lucky and Boras doesn't try to **** us over. I believe around 55+ is coming off the books, but we also need another starter and we have a hole at 3rd base. I'm just guessing here, but that's like a 130-150 million dollar team salary. So, I'm just doubting that we get near that...

  7. #87
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    You do realize that the Dodgers had the 2nd highest payroll in the NL right?

    McCourt drew the line because of Flanders reckless spending.

    Here is what McCourt said earlier today on 710
    I've been surprised about how much money the Dodgers have spent, but McCourt IS a cheapskate.

    When was the last time the Dodgers asked for money and were willing to add in top prospects in order to complete deal?

    McCourt's cheapeness cost us Carlos Santana. Something the Dodgers will rue for a long time.

  8. #88
    Tom Emanski Spokesman Frolov24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,100
    Liked
    63 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Manny update. Not a surprise that the Dodgers are willing to go higher in salary if the years are shorter a la Schmidt, Furcal, Andruw. I'd guess that they would have to add in performance based options that would trigger at reasonable levels. Boras won't go for this unless he gets a quick read on the market that no one is willing to go beyond 3-4 years.

    The Dodgers are*hoping to keep star outfielder*Manny Ramirez - 2008 MLB Playoffs - SI.com

  9. #89
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolov24 View Post
    Manny update. Not a surprise that the Dodgers are willing to go higher in salary if the years are shorter a la Schmidt, Furcal, Andruw. I'd guess that they would have to add in performance based options that would trigger at reasonable levels. Boras won't go for this unless he gets a quick read on the market that no one is willing to go beyond 3-4 years.

    The Dodgers are*hoping to keep star outfielder*Manny Ramirez - 2008 MLB Playoffs - SI.com
    Conceivably, there might not be much of a market for Manny. You figure Boston is obviously out of it, so that really only leaves the Yankees, Dodgers, Mets, and Angels as other potential suitors for Manny...

    If the Yankees want Manny, they'll get him, they have a ton of money to spend and Hank will be looking to make a splash I think. But they might be looking at huge salaries for CC and Teixera.

    I hate to say it but the best spot for Manny is the Angels. Yea, Manny's defense is brutal and so is Vlad's so one of them would have to DH but there is large Latino contingent in that clubhouse and Manny would fit in well there.

    We'll see what happens, but I don't think all hope is lost with Manny. A lot depends on what the Yankees want to do.

  10. #90
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Conceivably, there might not be much of a market for Manny. You figure Boston is obviously out of it, so that really only leaves the Yankees, Dodgers, Mets, and Angels as other potential suitors for Manny...

    If the Yankees want Manny, they'll get him, they have a ton of money to spend and Hank will be looking to make a splash I think. But they might be looking at huge salaries for CC and Teixera.

    I hate to say it but the best spot for Manny is the Angels. Yea, Manny's defense is brutal and so is Vlad's so one of them would have to DH but there is large Latino contingent in that clubhouse and Manny would fit in well there.

    We'll see what happens, but I don't think all hope is lost with Manny. A lot depends on what the Yankees want to do.
    I think Manny ends up a Met. I would kill to have him back though

Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28