Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    It's real now Doug Fresh's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    5,253
    Liked
    159 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default Peter O'Malley says Frank McCourt needs to sell the Dodgers (LA Times)

    Dodgers: Peter O'Malley says Frank McCourt needs to sell the Dodgers - latimes.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter O'Malley
    "I have a keen interest in helping to stabilize the Dodgers. Stability starts at the top. The organization cries out for stability at this time."
    Truer words have not been spoken about the Dodgers, up to this point, by a person of his standing and respectability in the game of baseball.

    Please! PLEASE!!! Come back and save our Dodgers, Mr. O'Malley!
    "...it becomes important to add the right people...and staying with the theme that we're not going for the sex, we're going for the meat.

    -Dean Lombardi to The Globe and Mail's Eric Duhatschek; July 10, 2009

  2. #2
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,059
    Liked
    1258 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)

    Default

    I guarantee you that Peter O'Malley today is more financially fit to own this team than Frank is. What a god damned mess.

  3. #3
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Peter O'Malley was not the same kind of owner as his father was.

  4. #4
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,059
    Liked
    1258 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obejuan View Post
    Peter O'Malley was not the same kind of owner as his father was.
    Frank IS the same kind of owner his wife was: TERRIBLE.

  5. #5
    It's real now Doug Fresh's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    5,253
    Liked
    159 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obejuan View Post
    Peter O'Malley was not the same kind of owner as his father was.
    Yeah, but I'll take the O'Malley family TODAY over this cluster**** of ownership over the last twelve years.

    Just think about this, John...if O'Malley was still in charge, do you believe for one second that Mike Piazza would've been traded in his prime?

    That Mike Scoscia would've been treated like **** causing him to find work down the road?

    That the system would not be stocked with top-flight pitching every year?

    That the money spent on scouting recently would be at the BOTTOM of all of Major League Baseball?

    One word:

    Never!
    (Especially, the last three)

    And, I really don't want to hear the "Well, the Dodgers have been in the palyoffs four of the last six years." aruguement. It's been a great ride, and all, the last two years especially. I'll admit this.

    However, just like it can be argued that McNall's shenanigans can be attributed to Kings futility for the better part of decade after he "left", the same can be said for News Corp/McCourt: mortgage the future for quick fixes.

    The Dodgers are being USED and ABUSED, and it shows at the most prominent levels of interest to the fans: on the field and in the front office. I can only imagine what it's like to be a Dodgers employee these days. The morale must be low throughout.

    It breaks my heart, I tell you, to see this happen to the team I've loved since my earliest memories as a child.
    Last edited by Doug Fresh; September 17th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.
    "...it becomes important to add the right people...and staying with the theme that we're not going for the sex, we're going for the meat.

    -Dean Lombardi to The Globe and Mail's Eric Duhatschek; July 10, 2009

  6. #6
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fresh View Post
    Yeah, but I'll take the O'Malley family TODAY over this cluster**** of ownership over the last twelve years.

    Just think about this, John...if O'Malley was still in charge, do you believe for one second that Mike Piazza would've been traded in his prime?

    That Mike Scoscia would've been treated like **** causing him to find work down the road?

    That the system would not be stocked with top-flight pitching every year?

    That the money spent on scouting recently would be at the BOTTOM of all of Major League Baseball?

    One word:

    Never!
    (Especially, the last three)

    And, I really don't want to hear the "Well, the Dodgers have been in the palyoffs four of the last six years." aruguement. It's been a great ride, and all, the last two years especially. I'll admit this.

    However, just like it can be argued that McNall's shenanigans can be attributed to Kings futility for the better part of decade after he "left", the same can be said for News Corp/McCourt: mortgage the future for quick fixes.

    The Dodgers are being USED and ABUSED, and it shows at the most prominent levels of interest to the fans: on the field and in the front office. I can only imagine what it's like to be a Dodgers employee these days. The morale must be low throughout.

    It breaks my heart, I tell you, to see this happen to the team I've loved since my earliest memories as a child.
    Good questions.

    Remember that Lopes, Garvey, and Cey were all traded or let go for cheaper talent and 82-Fox with the exception of 88 were some of the darkest years in franchise history.
    I really think people are forgetting the teams with Darryl Strawberry, Mickey Hatcher, Offerman, etc. Claire was an awful GM.

    I do hope the McCourts are forced to sell though.
    Last edited by Genghis John; September 17th, 2010 at 08:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Put Me In Coach! Fisticuffs82's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,701
    Liked
    188 times
    Karma
    1050951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Default

    - Dodgers 6 seasons under Fox Entertainment Group:
    502-463, .521 winning percentage, NO playoff appearances.
    Also traded Mike Piazza in the prime of his career the season after he finished 2nd in the league for MVP.

    - Dodgers 6.92 seasons under Frank McCourt:
    585-534, .523 winning percentage, 4 playoff appearances (2 NLDS, 2 NLCS).
    Spent $20M renovating the stadium in 2005 & plans (or was planning) to spend $500M building a Doyer Museum, shops, & restaurants around the stadium.

    Besides not keeping this divorce low-pro, he is better than a lot of owners out there.


    But any ways... Mark Cuban anyone?

    Mark Cuban Would Love to Own Dodgers | NBC Los Angeles

    Mark Cuban Should Buy The Los Angeles Dodgers | Facebook

    Mark Cuban is now free to buy Dodgers - Los Angeles Times

  8. #8
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisticuffs82 View Post
    - Dodgers 6 seasons under Fox Entertainment Group:
    502-463, .521 winning percentage, NO playoff appearances.
    Also traded Mike Piazza in the prime of his career the season after he finished 2nd in the league for MVP.
    I have to admit that I am shocked to see the .521 winning percentage with Fox. I guess I didn't factor in the difference in the NL west back then. That was when SF was the power house and Bonds was in full Roid mode.

  9. #9
    It's real now Doug Fresh's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    5,253
    Liked
    159 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obejuan View Post
    Good questions.

    Remember that Lopes, Garvey, and Cey were all traded or let go for cheaper talent and 82-Fox with the exception of 88 were some of the darkest years in franchise history.
    I really think people are forgetting the teams with Darryl Strawberry, Mickey Hatcher, Offerman, etc. Claire was an awful GM.

    I do hope the McCourts are forced to sell though.
    Good points, Obe (Greg Brock, anyone? Pedro for Delino? ).

    I would still put my money on this franchise having better overall stability in its structure, in terms of prospect development, on-field play, more consistency in being in contention year in and year out, and a healthy culture of learning and winning had the O'Malley's never sold the team.
    "...it becomes important to add the right people...and staying with the theme that we're not going for the sex, we're going for the meat.

    -Dean Lombardi to The Globe and Mail's Eric Duhatschek; July 10, 2009

  10. #10
    Oh yeah absolutely I mean UnderPressure's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,406
    Liked
    63 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Those 70 people who voted no can all go **** themselves.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28